[Amazon Canada] Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer $161.93

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2018 4:42 pm
[OP]
Sep 28, 2009
126 posts
266 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer $161.93

I have been tracking the price of this drip coffee maker for a while now and this is the lowest price I have seen. The main claim to fame is that it is one of the few drip coffee makers that is certified by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) to keep the water between 197.6 ºF and 204.8 ºF—to extract coffee well. Granted you can find drip coffee makers for much less but the reason many of these make such nasty tasting coffee is that the water is at the wrong temperature (usually too low).

Other features:
One-touch brew operation with auto-off
Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195 Degree-205 DegreeF (91 Degree-96 DegreeC)
Optional pre-infusion mode wets freshly roasted ground coffee to allow degassing before brewing
Flat-bottomed filter basket and larger showerhead allow for even better saturation and uniform extraction.
Durable stainless steel lined thermal carafe

The price drop is likely because of a new model release: Bonavita BV1901TS. I can't find any obvious functional differences.

For a review of this and other drip coffee makers see: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best- ... fee-maker/

EDIT Oct 5/18

The original deal is dead. The best option at present seems to be through eBay for $112
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bonavita-BV1900 ... 3099673460

Oct 13/18

Amazon has restocked: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00O9F ... bw_c_x_1_w
Last edited by BeeBeeRFD on Oct 13th, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
110 replies
Sep 23, 2018
1 posts
I just bought this at almost regular price 2 days ago after researching all sorts of drip coffee machines... I guess I will need to go through the frustrating Amazon policy of returning the one I just bought and re-purchasing the current same unit on sale.

Side/main note: Good find, OP!
Mar 1, 2017
208 posts
49 upvotes
Great coffee maker. Fast to brew too.
Jun 12, 2017
29 posts
38 upvotes
Belleville, ON
Same here, my brother has wanted this for a while since he found it on the SCA site. Thanks so much.
Koodo $60/10gb
3gb Fido LG Gpad III (w/ $50 BB Giftcard)
Fido Flex $10/1-5gb-$35 w/ Sierra Aircard 763s
Pepsi Retro live long & prosper
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2394 posts
461 upvotes
Love this coffee maker... makes excellent coffee.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10597 posts
859 upvotes
Good deal. I was waiting for a long time for a deal, never came so I bought it in the states.
Nov 21, 2017
948 posts
849 upvotes
One of the best drip machines out there. it's all about correct brew temps and even water dispersal on coffee grounds, and this machine has it both as much as the much talked about Technivorm. Durability is there too. Easy buy for coffee lovers imo.
Sep 5, 2010
688 posts
102 upvotes
What's the difference between this and a regular coffee machine?
Jun 19, 2010
330 posts
208 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been debating this machine or the oxo barista brain... I like how that one looks a bit better but both of these are supposed to make fantastic coffee.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3755 posts
929 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the 9 cup OXO Barista Brain that I bought in about February 2016.

It's OK. Makes better coffee than my last machine.

Things I like about it:
  • the lid is in the carafe while you are brewing << this is what swayed me to buy it over the Bonavita believing it would keep the coffee hot for longer
  • you don't need to twist the lid to the side to pour
  • it has a timer so I can set it up the night before for my morning coffee; this was also a key feature that swayed me to buy it.... I never use it!
  • the looks
  • it made 195+ degree water when it was new
  • has a magnetic sensor that detects when the carafe is not properly positioned under the brew basket
  • it has the pre-soak feature for degassing
  • much of the top cover and water system can be taken apart for cleaning, but...

Things I don't like about it:
  • power cord is about a foot too short but maybe that is so it does not fall into the sink while plugged in
  • it leaks so that it is always damp under the pot... always!! meh, I wipe it up as part of my routine
  • the showerhead can be taken off to clean but it also comes off too easy; once I did not notice that it had fallen into the soaked grinds and I had thrown the grinds into my organic recycle bin and taken it to the curb for garbage day pickup - I was cleaning it up and noticed it was gone, raced out to the curb and fished the showerhead out as the garbage truck was pulling up
  • it has a plastic/silicone type tube that extends from the cap deep into the carafe so the fresh brew is directed to the bottom of the carafe for better mixing; a week or so after starting to use it I noticed sticky plasticky sludge in the bottom of the carafe. I deduced it was coming from the tube and removed it. Never saw the sludge again.
  • does not keep the coffee hot for as long as I had expected it too
  • I live where the water is soft and does not scale up too quickly yet about every 90 days months I get a reminder to de-scale; leave it too long and one morning you will find it will not brew so then you have to fake a de-scaling to cancel the reminder.

I have not measured the water temp in about a year so it is time again to ensure its' meeting the standard. For the price difference, I'd buy the Bonavita.

Sep 10, 2010
304 posts
39 upvotes
St Catharines
Great basic drip coffee makers!One could go on about the quality,durability&water temp and distrbution that makes for an easy,fast great cup of coffee. The biggest overlooked factor is that it provides a large enough basket for the amount of coffee required to make a great cup.Almost all other drip machines have baskets that would overflow when the required amount of coffee is added.Hard to believe but true.

Mar 10, 2005
199 posts
35 upvotes
Great coffee maker. I’ve had mine for a few years and it’s still going strong and making awesome coffee consistently.
cheers
:mad: :evil: :lol:
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1319 posts
733 upvotes
Buy now, think later.

Don’t forget Ebates.