Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones- Limited Edition, Ultraviolet with Midnight Blue $169

Apr 12, 2016
156 posts
215 upvotes
BC

[Amazon.ca] Bose SoundSport Free Truly Wireless Sport Headphones- Limited Edition, Ultraviolet with Midnight Blue $169

this is the lowest it's ever been according to camel, anyone have experience with this?
13 replies
Aug 31, 2009
819 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
good deal! but the appearance is.... emmmmm.....
good price tho lol
Apr 12, 2016
156 posts
215 upvotes
BC
cdfegab wrote: good deal! but the appearance is.... emmmmm.....
good price tho lol
yea, if it was in black it would be cool, but the black ones already really stand out in your ear, but ultraviolet is gonna really stick out.
Mar 24, 2012
134 posts
63 upvotes
New Glasgow
These are fantastic. I own the red ones, which I bought last year for 170 and haven't looked back.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11816 upvotes
Calgary
paulcbz wrote: this is the lowest it's ever been according to camel, anyone have experience with this?
They were 120$ or so at London Drugs last month.
New model coming out very soon.
Aug 17, 2019
83 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto, ON
They're great earphones, last for quite a bit of time. I have the black ones and they have been amazing since day 1, they are a bit bigger than others out there but the quality is great and this price is the lowest I've seen.
Oct 1, 2017
133 posts
223 upvotes
Vancouver
paulcbz wrote: yea, if it was in black it would be cool, but the black ones already really stand out in your ear, but ultraviolet is gonna really stick out.
comfort is beyond anything you'd get with airpods, jabra's, etc...
Dec 30, 2007
924 posts
357 upvotes
Ive had these for 2 years. Still perform great. Very comfortable, sound is one of the best. Best part is they stay in your ears. Great for working out. The earbuds are big and so is the case. Specs are outdated now. No Bluetooth 5 or USB c charging. Bose is going to release 2 new versions sometime this year. One will be noise cancelling.
Dec 8, 2002
353 posts
285 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm starting to do this for each thread on these earbuds, but I will quote myself again for my personal review on these as people apparently found it helpful. But I do have some updates I'll post at the bottom.
I got a pair of (black) ones for Christmas. While I like them, I wish to warn fellow RFDers of the following:

1. These are NOT sound-isolating ear buds. They're meant to leak in noise because they're meant for, like, joggers or something (so they can hear road noises and cars and honks and stuff). That makes it really annoying to use on transit, because I have to keep adjusting the volume while trying to not damage my ears. (EDIT: I try to listen at a relatively low volume, but it's impossible to do so with these in a louder area. I think I go up to 6 on my iPhone when with other earbuds I'm on 3-4.)
2. The earbuds have a known issue where there is audio lag on all videos watched outside of Safari (so, for example, YouTube and Netflix). Bose has blamed it at least partially on the Bluetooth version, but even with multiple firmware updates this is still an issue (although it's a little better, it's still annoying). Interestingly, videos viewed on Safari don't have this issue.
3. The left earbud does not directly connect to the phone and/or is tethered to the right earbud. This makes it prone to disconnects -- in some cases, permanently. I had mine die in two weeks, but Bose gave me a free pair pretty quickly once I returned the old one. However, on the Bose forums you'll see numerous people complain about this as well, with subsequent replacement ones too.
4. For phone calls, only the right earbud will have audio (and take audio) for the call. The left one is pretty much useless in that regard.
5. Also, they stick out a lot, so they tend to get dislodged somewhat easily from my ears if I bump them slightly. (I mentioned this the previous time I quoted myself but it wasn't in my original review post.)
------

(NEW INFO)
There was a recent update that made the YouTube lag almost unnoticeable, so it has improved on that front. However, a fairly vocal group continues to complain on the Bose forums about this model.

I think right now, the Sony WF-1000XM3 and the AirPods Pro are the best reviewed (higher-end) pairs, although these ones did get solid reviews too at time of release. I recently got the Sonys (yay birthday gifts) and I haven't looked back. But I used these for over a year and I did appreciate them.

It honestly depends on your usage, though. If you're out jogging and you want to make sure you're aware of your surroundings, these are great (although Sony has a sound-leak mode, it almost amplifies the sound). If you want to listen to stuff on the subway or plane or something, good luck.
Oct 14, 2015
90 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto,ON
Poor poor design. Old Technology. Much better choices out their.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11816 upvotes
Calgary
zannerzone wrote: Poor poor design. Old Technology. Much better choices out their.
Nah. These sound great. Good for 120$ When I got mine. I would think the 99$ beats deal today is a better option than 170$ for these.
Apr 12, 2016
156 posts
215 upvotes
BC
SammyDavis wrote: Nah. These sound great. Good for 120$ When I got mine. I would think the 99$ beats deal today is a better option than 170$ for these.
what $99 beats deal?
Nov 13, 2019
261 posts
452 upvotes
SKS2002 wrote: I'm starting to do this for each thread on these earbuds, but I will quote myself again for my personal review on these as people apparently found it helpful. But I do have some updates I'll post at the bottom.

------

Pretty accurate. However #3 has not been an issue for me... pairing has worked really well so far.

I tried the Sony's as well and they definitely sound better, but I settled on the Bose for their overall comfort. Bose have a bass boost that's a bit bloated but overall makes the sound signature fun to listen to. It lacks detail and instrument separation, especially in the high end; it's definitely not a technical sound signature. The Sony's have better highs and more clarity overall, especially for vocals.

But one really big difference between the Bose and every other buds I've tried is the consistency in sound. Most buds need to form a good seal for the best quality (you often see people say xxxxx earbuds sounded like crap, particularly the bass, until they got the proper fit), but that's never an issue for me with Bose. If you're sitting down and not moving it won't be a big deal, but for working out it makes a huge difference. I'd constantly lose that perfect seal and need to readjust the Jabra's, Dudios, etc. while at the gym, but never need to with the Bose.

The case is bulky, the audio has lag when watching videos, it uses micro usb, etc. there are definitely things about these that are not ideal... But for working out, they were my favourite from all the options I tried. They're well worth it for the overall fit and comfort, while still providing decent sound. But if you're looking to buy buds primarily for making phone calls, commuting, office listening, etc. you might prefer other options.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)