Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Bowers & Wilkins PX Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones Best-in-class Sound, Space Grey $229.96

[OP]
Mar 4, 2013
490 posts
295 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Bowers & Wilkins PX Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones Best-in-class Sound, Space Grey $229.96

Whoever missed the deal on the refurb QC35 might want to consider this as an alternative. This is new vs refurb. B&W is a high-end audio brand with quality materials/construction.

Bowers & Wilkins PERFORMANCE - PX draws on decades of Bowers & Wilkins design experience to take you to the very heart of the music with its breath-taking performance
ADAPTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION - Perfect sound anywhere - on a plane, in the street or in the office
FEEL MORE OF YOUR MUSIC - Built with the same drive units from our P9 Signature headphones, the PX provides optimized listening performance
PX RESPONDS TO YOU - When you need to pause, lift an ear cup. Put PX down and it goes to sleep. Pick it up to resume playing
SMART POWER - With a 22-hour battery life, PX is always ready; put it down and it goes into power-saving sleep mode; pick it up and you're good to go
Last edited by acheuk on Feb 18th, 2020 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
43 replies
Jan 8, 2020
56 posts
17 upvotes
Seems like better sound than Bose but lots complained about B&W is uncomfortable. Also I am not sure of this can connect two devices simultaneously like the Bose.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8629 posts
4148 upvotes
MVRD
Awesome price for the PX Active.

My understanding is that the ear pads require some breaking in. Some reviewers were judging the comfort level base on initial impression...not that it's wrong...it's just incomplete if you also consider how long the product is meant to be used for over lifetime.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2013
490 posts
295 upvotes
Not just the ear cups need to be broken in, the drivers as well, spend about 40 hours breaking them in before judging their sound quality :)
Oct 28, 2012
738 posts
97 upvotes
EDMONTON
Will wait for gold to price drop
Jul 13, 2015
35 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
maybe they could pre break it in at the factory if it's making them look bad
Sep 22, 2009
790 posts
90 upvotes
Disclaimer: I own a pair.

I use this as a daily on my commute. Here are some honest downsides.
  • Because of my head shape and average ear sizes, they fit the cups just barely.
    I used some leather lotion (leftover from Danier) that softened the leather to make the headband and ear cups more comfortable.
  • The noise cancellation is enough to save my hearing when I'm on the GO Bus.
  • However, I had to send mine within back (this was after the warranty, and a year in) when the left microphone got weak and the level of ANC was uneven.
  • This being said, shipping to their Canadian repair supplier is at your own cost, but it is to a warehouse just outside of the GTA (Burlington?).
  • I am still waiting for a month for it to be repaired, so I am using an old pair of ATH-M50X, and considering to buy another pair of PX7 at this price.
  • This doesn't come with the new hard case, so I'm guessing this is clearance of old stock. Yo could always get a hard case from Amazon-- it's considerably compact.
  • I love the metal build quality, design and and finish of this. Doesn't feel cheap at all.
  • The ear cups are magnetic, so you can easily take them off and clean your headphone routinely.
  • Soundwise: It's very neutral sounding, basses aren't excessively strong and I enjoy listening to classical music and some folk pop. I'm not any good at writing reviews (sorry).

In short, it's like owning a BMW.
    EDIT: Bolded my most appreciated and most disliked experiences for this purchase.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3118 posts
1637 upvotes
Calgary
Wow best deal for this particular BT cans that I've seen so far. If it matters, I'm guessing there's a new PX+ (or something to that effect) coming soon. Regardless this is smokin' deal for one of the top BT sets.

That said, I read the new THX Panda BT headphone is the new standard for audio fidelity. It's about similar cost to these PX @msrp but without any calling, ANC or any other audio effect features. Personally this the cans I'm gonna wait for & hopefully snag a hotdeal on.
Feb 26, 2008
681 posts
616 upvotes
Surrey
Yep there is a new version of it. Not sure if everyone can see it or not but just below the price on the product page, I see a newer version link. If you are after a set I would look at the newer version as they have redesigned the ear cups for better comfort. I've been on the fence on the Bose qc35 as the sound isn't there for me. I do prefer the sound of B&W. There's just more detail and clarity to them.

Here's a review that was done:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... headphones
[OP]
Mar 4, 2013
490 posts
295 upvotes
I'm a little surprised that these didn't get as much attention as the refurb qc35 because this is quite a hot deal imo.

I'm guessing that most people are not familiar with it. Here's a pretty good review from an "audiophile".

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
44 posts
4 upvotes
These headphones have got to be one of the greatest pairs I've ever owned.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3781 posts
1321 upvotes
Great cans. I prefer the Sonys for better ANC (airplanes are loud) comfort and frequency reaponse, but these are a great deal for the price.
Oct 14, 2014
579 posts
472 upvotes
Southern Ontario
If I didn't already have the Powerbeats Pro, I probably would have tried these. I had the P5 Wireless for a brief period and loved the sound, but they hurt my ears too much. I understand these are "over the ear" as opposed to "on ear" which should be an improvement in that regard.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20684 posts
3020 upvotes
YUL
Gitaroo wrote: Will wait for gold to price drop
Same. i want the blue & gold ones.