Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Boxing Day Deals Are (Finally) Live - Sennheiser HD 598 SR Headphones $109, Up to 30% Off Instant Pot Accessories + More

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2017 2:14 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
I believe it is the business strategy, so next year everyone will ignore Boxing day and buy it either on BF or CM. In that case, Amazon can set the price higher on Nov during BF/CM. If sales figure is not good, then still have time and chance on Dec to push it up. They need to show a good revenue number to investors and shareholders. Otherwise, the stock price will slump. I guess Amazon already meet the target this year, so don't bother offer good deal during Boxing day.
jarjarBlinks wrote: Just weird, for the first time, never bought even a ssingle item on Amazon on boxing day. The deals are pathetic.. Im hoping ayleast the amazon basics 100 AA will be on sale but not.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1476 posts
473 upvotes
Halifax
Rifle wrote: anyone have recommendations for a noise cancelling blue tooth headset? something that you can...sleep in and have it not fall out?
Sony 1000XM2
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28624 upvotes
Vancouver
jarjarBlinks wrote: Just weird, for the first time, never bought even a ssingle item on Amazon on boxing day. The deals are pathetic.. Im hoping ayleast the amazon basics 100 AA will be on sale but not.
I'm trying to find NiMH AA batteries on sale anywhere by any merchant...nowhere to be found!

Actually here, look at this: 4-pack for $9 off... it's only $70.73! :facepalm:
Nov 2, 2016
116 posts
191 upvotes
TitusBobby wrote: Entitled? WTF? We have people here with amazing experience in spotting real deals and sharing their findings, and if it's a dud, like this Amazon boxing day has been, you can bet that we are not going be quiet about it.

So to summarize, the only unfortunate behavior is yours, and your employers, Amazon
You think amazon owes you good deals, that is 100% entitlement.
Feb 4, 2017
111 posts
89 upvotes
No deals from Amazon for the past 2 years (Boxing Day). Their share price are over $1,000+ a share, they don’t have to cater to us anymore. Best Buy and Walmart are the only ones competing with BD deals the past 2 years.

I spent $3,000 on Best Buy yesterday.
Dec 23, 2017
15 posts
24 upvotes
QC
newyorkislanders wrote: You think amazon owes you good deals, that is 100% entitlement.
"Honey, tomorrow I'm going to bake you a cake for your birthday!"
"Oh sweet!"
The day after:
"Errr, dear, didn't you say you would bake me a cake for my birthday?"
"Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean I HAVE to bake you a cake, GOD! How entitled are you?"
"WUT?"

When people don't get something that was promised to them (in a press release no less) it is not called entitlement, it's called disappointment.
May 26, 2017
66 posts
13 upvotes
rantrs wrote: As a few have mentioned, this is a great deal. It typically comes up 1-2 times a year, never goes any lower.

FWIW, they're excellent headphones. I owned them for a year and eventually upgraded. They're open-back though which means sounds will leak in and out. However, the benefits are that you get excellent soundstage (i.e., the feeling that you're in a bigger space). You don't even need a headphone amplifier to drive these, just plug it into your laptop/phone and go. Not very portable though.
Ordered. Doesn't need to be portable as I have decent ear buds and a decent bluetooth headset. Just need a good headset for home use so this should work just fine for that. Thanks :)
May 26, 2017
66 posts
13 upvotes
NettisK wrote: "Honey, tomorrow I'm going to bake you a cake for your birthday!"
"Oh sweet!"
The day after:
"Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean I HAVE to bake you a cake, GOD! How entitled are you?"
"WUT?"

And what did Amazon promise to 'You'? They did give you a sale, it may not be the sale you wanted but it was a sale none-the-less.

When people don't get something that was promised to them (in a press release no less) it is not called entitlement, it's called disappointment.
Nov 2, 2016
116 posts
191 upvotes
NettisK wrote: "Honey, tomorrow I'm going to bake you a cake for your birthday!"
"Oh sweet!"
The day after:
"WUT?"

sorry, what in the press release isn't live on the site right now?
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
did anyone get the headphones? Received it today and tried them on but not really blown by the sound

Maybe i need to break them in? But i have to admit they are comfy as heck
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2006
5352 posts
533 upvotes
Based on all the Amazon threads in HOT DEALS, it appears as if Amazon mixed up boxing day with today :/
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Dec 28, 2009
358 posts
123 upvotes
Aznkid2000 wrote: did anyone get the headphones? Received it today and tried them on but not really blown by the sound
Maybe i need to break them in? But i have to admit they are comfy as heck
Currently breaking mine in. First pair of open backs and thought the sound was okay but found the fit a bit snug around the top....we'll see how it goes after an extended session.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1420 posts
774 upvotes
anyone receive their bose soundlink iii? I ordered one on the 26th with prime guaranteeing delivery by today but I haven't received anything so far.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1971 posts
2109 upvotes
Moncton
newyorkislanders wrote: sorry, what in the press release isn't live on the site right now?
The ASUS monitors @ 26% or more discount?
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)