Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Breville BES870XL Espresso Machine $509.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2018 8:38 pm
Jan 13, 2016
164 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Amazon.ca] Breville BES870XL Espresso Machine $509.99

Not an all-time low to my knowledge but it's the cheapest I've been able to find it for. The Bay has this for $750-800 regular price. Declined the 3 Year protection plan that was offered as one of the reviews said they were terrible to work with. Hope that was the right decision. Anyway, my first post.
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 19th, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: title edit
33 replies
Jan 15, 2018
190 posts
182 upvotes
Good price too! It was $499 around the holidays, I got Best Buy to price match Amazon. Their price was(and still is) $750, so after PM it should come out to $485 for you.

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/brev ... l/10256821

After owning the machine for a while I can confidently say that nothing beats it in the sub $1000 price range.
Jan 13, 2016
164 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary, AB
FrozenFinger wrote: Good price too! It was $499 around the holidays, I got Best Buy to price match Amazon. Their price was(and still is) $750, so after PM it should come out to $485 for you.

After owning the machine for a while I can confidently say that nothing beats it in the sub $1000 price range.
Awesome. Good to know! I'll likely keep the one from Amazon because I was able to use some leftover Amazon credit I had. I also purchased it on a BMO World Elite card so if it breaks I can double the warranty period! How do you like the steamer? Have u ever used it for non-dairy milk? Almond/Cashew/Coconut/etc?
Oct 15, 2014
56 posts
60 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I haven't tried to steam non-dairy. But unless you have lactose concerns, you'll find that your cappuccinos/lattes really stand out with well steamed whole milk. A silky texture comes from microfoam, easier to achieve when your milk has higher fat content.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1451 posts
811 upvotes
Torontario
FrozenFinger wrote: Good price too! It was $499 around the holidays, I got Best Buy to price match Amazon. Their price was(and still is) $750, so after PM it should come out to $485 for you.

Same here - the only regret is that i did not get the red one.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2440 posts
735 upvotes
Not sure why this is getting downvotes. Decent price, especially after price match.

Speaking of price matching... BestBuy is attempting to give me the runaround. “We don’t pricematch Amazon.” Oh, really? I’m now on hold while they’re “looking into it” after I persisted. Ironically, their hold message is blasting their PRICE GUARANTEE in my ear every 30 seconds.

:rolleyes:
Apr 20, 2008
210 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased this for $470 (combined a few coupons iirc) about a year ago and have been blown away by it, as has everyone who I have made an espresso/latte for.

Totally worth the money.. you'll save big within a year, easy, if you're a regular at Starbucks etc.

Super easy to use and easy (and cheap!) to clean/maintain.
Jan 15, 2018
190 posts
182 upvotes
Honestly, I wouldn't have done it either but my machine broke and I wanted to have coffee in the morning.

The steam wand was the trickiest part of the machine to master for me. Coming from a Delonghi Dedica with a Panarello wand the angle, depth and time had almost no effect on the steamed milk in the end. On this one, however, it takes some practice to get nice silky milk. Play around a bit and you'll get it, I can consistently make cappucicino froth or latte milk now. I found this video by Breville really helpful:

Enjoy your machine you are in to drink a lot of great coffee. (:
CocoNutt wrote:
Awesome. Good to know! I'll likely keep the one from Amazon because I was able to use some leftover Amazon credit I had. I also purchased it on a BMO World Elite card so if it breaks I can double the warranty period! How do you like the steamer? Have u ever used it for non-dairy milk? Almond/Cashew/Coconut/etc?
Last edited by FrozenFinger on Feb 19th, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 15, 2018
190 posts
182 upvotes
Vertigo wrote: Not sure why this is getting downvotes. Decent price, especially after price match.

Speaking of price matching... BestBuy is attempting to give me the runaround. “We don’t pricematch Amazon.” Oh, really? I’m now on hold while they’re “looking into it” after I persisted. Ironically, their hold message is blasting their PRICE GUARANTEE in my ear every 30 seconds.

:rolleyes:
Couldn't price match on the phone too I tried The Bay and Best Buy. The Bay said there's something different about the machine they sell and the one on Amazon so they couldn't price match.... Couldn't really tell me what tho Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes

Go to the store and they'll price match it after a few verifications.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2440 posts
735 upvotes
Price match at BestBuy.ca succeeded. $485.99. Had to get a manager involved. Initially refused because they were pulling up a marketplace seller on Amazon instead of Amazon itself. They said someone had sent in the incorrect link. I mean... Amazon.ca doesn't seem super complicated to me, but what do I know.

Btw, 1.3% cashback on GCR too.
Aug 8, 2016
9 posts
4 upvotes
PM'd at Bestbuy.ca as well with no issues for $485.99. Had agent apply discount over the phone instead of trying to get the money back after the purchase.
Jan 27, 2015
443 posts
544 upvotes
King City, ON
ohnabatko wrote: Same here - the only regret is that i did not get the red one.
I got the cranberry machine for $430 in 2014, and it has been a huge hit with my wife. As you know, you have to keep up with the periodic cleaning, but I find it isn’t difficult.

At this point, the cranberry model is only available from a third party seller for over $600.
Feb 17, 2014
295 posts
164 upvotes
Montr
CocoNutt wrote: Awesome. Good to know! I'll likely keep the one from Amazon because I was able to use some leftover Amazon credit I had. I also purchased it on a BMO World Elite card so if it breaks I can double the warranty period! How do you like the steamer? Have u ever used it for non-dairy milk? Almond/Cashew/Coconut/etc?
I use it constantly and daily. Make sure you buy Barista Pacific almond milk cuz it has the best taste and microfoam is pretty good. Cashew, coconut or soy milk aren't good as almond.
Apr 23, 2007
644 posts
536 upvotes
Granby
Thx OP. Bought one at BB with price match
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
make sure you read the amazon reviews before you purchase so you are aware of the potential problems with this machine (grinder breaking down, leaks, heater, slow service etc)
Apr 23, 2011
916 posts
259 upvotes
Newcastle
Price is $599 now
Apr 10, 2006
864 posts
858 upvotes
One thing to note, do not follow their guide on using 50/50 mix of vinegar to water to descale the unit. It broke the solenoid valve (the one that lets water flow) in exactly 1 week after my warranty ended. That's only after descaling the unit for the 3rd time. Thankfully, credit card had extended warranty and it covered the repair. When I brought the unit in to the authorized service centre, you'll see quite a few of these units lined up. Most with the same issue. The repair guy told me its a known problem and Breville won't admit that using the vinegar water mixture is the cause. So I bought some descaling solution from the repair centre.

As for regular cleaning, I just bought the Cafiza cleaning tablets. Search this forum and you'll see lots of people use it on this machine. A package of 100 costs a lot cheaper than the Breville cleaning tablets.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
vanpatrick81 wrote: One thing to note, do not follow their guide on using 50/50 mix of vinegar to water to descale the unit. It broke the solenoid valve (the one that lets water flow) in exactly 1 week after my warranty ended. That's only after descaling the unit for the 3rd time. Thankfully, credit card had extended warranty and it covered the repair. When I brought the unit in to the authorized service centre, you'll see quite a few of these units lined up. Most with the same issue. The repair guy told me its a known problem and Breville won't admit that using the vinegar water mixture is the cause. So I bought some descaling solution from the repair centre.
As for regular cleaning, I just bought the Cafiza cleaning tablets. Search this forum and you'll see lots of people use it on this machine. A package of 100 costs a lot cheaper than the Breville cleaning tablets.
I've been using citric acid salt in a solution as it's more mild than regular vinegar.
Apr 10, 2006
864 posts
858 upvotes
ciuvak wrote: I've been using citric acid salt in a solution as it's more mild than regular vinegar.
Haven't tried that myself. But as I'm always using filtered water and since Peel region is not hard water, I can probably go more than 6 months without descaling. But I just do it every 6 months so I just bought a few sachets of the descaling powder. Just mix with water and away you go.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)