Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Briggs and Stratton 2 stage snow blower 699.99, price match at Lowes

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2019 3:17 pm
[OP]
Jun 13, 2017
11 posts
8 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Briggs and Stratton 2 stage snow blower 699.99, price match at Lowes

I purchased this item at Lowes the other day as it’s currently listed for 799.99. I did a price adjustment later that day and the person even gave me the extra 10% off; YMMV.

The price listed on Amazon is usually the lowest it’ll go and I do know this item was 699.99 during Boxing Day.
27 replies
Jan 21, 2010
154 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
I'll try my Lowe's to see if they'll do it with the 10% on top. Policy says it didn't qualify. Thinking Amazon is good because they ship for free.
Nov 23, 2014
78 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nice find OP. I’ve been watching for the two stage 27” cub cadet to drop in price again. Pre Black Friday was $1199 tax in but this looks pretty good. My lawnmower has a Briggs and Stratton engine and it’s been great for the 3 years I’ve had it.

My Lowes will price match but not beat unless it’s a brick and mortar store. This week is also 15% off when you spend $100 or more for friends and family, if you get lucky enough and can double dip it’s a sweet deal.

The 27” model is worth it for only $100 more.
Mar 28, 2011
132 posts
64 upvotes
Oakville
Brampton store matched.
they have gaziloin in stock.

Yahoo!
it was the best present for wife for Saint Valentine daySmiling Face With Open Mouth
Mar 24, 2015
295 posts
127 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Make sure you pull the bolts out of the adjustable lid for the chute assembly and put loctite on em. I didn't, and lost a set the first time I used mine.
Feb 11, 2017
80 posts
21 upvotes
Beket wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 6:28 am
Brampton store matched.
they have gaziloin in stock.

Yahoo!
it was the best present for wife for Saint Valentine daySmiling Face With Open Mouth
Are you able add family day discount as well?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1059 posts
232 upvotes
Winnipeg
I'm interested in this but I'm on the fence due to some of the reviews. Pretty consistent issues.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1296 posts
234 upvotes
Ottawa
Got this model back in November during the last Lowes no tax weekend promo along with the $699 price. No issues here so far for the Ottawa snow we've been getting since January. Certainly beats shovelling so far. We'll see how it handles the late season wet heavy stuff.
Jun 5, 2012
144 posts
152 upvotes
NEPEAN
FYI: For S&Gs I called Lowes CS to see whether they would price match and offer the F&F discount. Unfortunately NO cigar.... Gave reason their price is better when you add the F&F ($680).
Jul 21, 2011
680 posts
281 upvotes
Azkaban
I've owned this for 2 winters. It's not bad. The user manual is absolutely terrible. 20 pages of safety (which would be hopefully obvious), but little on operation of the snowblower.
You wouldn't know a communist if one jumped out of a giant May Day cake, slapped you across the face with a copy of The Conquest of Bread, and walked off whistling La Internationale.
Nov 25, 2018
34 posts
42 upvotes
The 1696614 is powered by a Briggs & Stratton 950 Snow Series Engine that is qualified to start down to-20◦ F.
-29C. Hardly proper Canadian winter, especially in Winnipeg. Those without a garage might not be so lucky if they don't have a propane torch handy.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9744 posts
4415 upvotes
tatung wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 9:35 am
I'm interested in this but I'm on the fence due to some of the reviews. Pretty consistent issues.
zippythechimp wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 10:48 am
-29C. Hardly proper Canadian winter, especially in Winnipeg. Those without a garage might not be so lucky if they don't have a propane torch handy.

I own this bought for 550 at amazon back around summer.Bolts that hold the shoot on broke before the recommended torque and the throttle cable they say do not touch well mine needed about half inch of turning to make tighter to even get machine in gear.

Now its feb ive used it 6 or 7 times and out here minus 40 and 48 with windchill the thing started with 2 pulls. Electric start works great but only tryed once when first bought because not even needed.

Now the drive on this sucks. Any snow over a couple inches the tires just stop turning like its stuck in snow and you half to bounce the machine. No matter what you do its always like this. Heck trying to drive it back into my trailer not steep at all the wheels just stopped turning and i had to push it with my weight to get it back into the trailer.

Any deep snow say 8 inches you have to go very snow or it bogs down alot,However if not too deep it blows it decent.

For the price i paid im not too unhappy however if i bought it in the winter and actually got to test it out i probably would of returned it within the return period.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1805 posts
297 upvotes
Hamilton
zippythechimp wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 10:48 am
Just put synthetic in it.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Sep 5, 2018
45 posts
51 upvotes
blazed16 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 11:16 am
Now the drive on this sucks. Any snow over a couple inches the tires just stop turning like its stuck in snow and you half to bounce the machine. No matter what you do its always like this. Heck trying to drive it back into my trailer not steep at all the wheels just stopped turning and i had to push it with my weight to get it back into the trailer.

Any deep snow say 8 inches you have to go very snow or it bogs down alot,However if not too deep it blows it decent.
Thanks for the heads up. Anyone else feel the same way?