• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 12:01 am
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
147 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon Canada] Britax Marathon (G4.1) Convertible Car Seat

My parents wanted a car seat for their car and I came across this one that seems to be a hot deal...

Lowest price ever by a margin according to CCC and going for $329.99 at TRU.

Great reviews.
66 replies
Sep 25, 2007
51 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Recently picked up this seat at the same price. Love it; much better than the Diono Radian we have in the other car. So easy to get LO in and out of it; quality is great too.
Apr 6, 2017
104 posts
58 upvotes
Super high quality. I have an old one and a new one from Walmart. The quality is superior in every possible way.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
147 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tfong010 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 5:59 pm
Super high quality. I have an old one and a new one from Walmart. The quality is superior in every possible way.
Agreed, we have a different Britax model and it is excellent quality. No brainer at this price if you need a seat, in my opinion.
Oct 22, 2017
5 posts
23 upvotes
I too am in the market for a new seat for the LO. I was looking at other cheaper options, but heard a lot of good about the Britax. I'm hesitant to splurge, even though it's $250 and seems like an awesome deal. Was looking at the Evenflos and Safety 1st, which are way cheaper, and presumably as safe (they have too be). How does this one compare to the cheaper ones out there?
Aug 25, 2009
514 posts
89 upvotes
whatsthedillio wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 7:42 pm
I too am in the market for a new seat for the LO. I was looking at other cheaper options, but heard a lot of good about the Britax. I'm hesitant to splurge, even though it's $250 and seems like an awesome deal. Was looking at the Evenflos and Safety 1st, which are way cheaper, and presumably as safe (they have too be). How does this one compare to the cheaper ones out there?
We have 4 seats (1 britax and 3 other brands) and really prefer britax. Easier to install and tighten straps. Would have bought 4 britax if we could afford it back then. My wife and I always bitch about the other 3 seats, everyday.
Dec 10, 2006
307 posts
69 upvotes
Buy this seat you won't regret it! Super easy to install in every car I tried, very secure and the belts never get twisted. It's our primary car seat for our car.

I regretfully bought a cheaper backup one for the in laws car and it's such a pain in the butt to install. The amount of time spent troubleshooting how to install it correctly and always messing around with twisted belts was so not worth the initial savings.
Nov 20, 2008
210 posts
24 upvotes
i'm looking for a seat for my parents as well, but want something that would work for future kids too. we currently have a clek fllo and I'm happy with how it tightens and loosens for my kid. how does this compare?

looks your link is US. if so, it's not approved for use in Canada.
Feb 23, 2010
140 posts
49 upvotes
msprnt wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 8:22 pm
i'm looking for a seat for my parents as well, but want something that would work for future kids too. we currently have a clek fllo and I'm happy with how it tightens and loosens for my kid. how does this compare?

looks your link is US. if so, it's not approved for use in Canada.
Look at the Q&A section on the bottom of that page.
Question: Is this item Canadian approved car seat?
Answer: Yes
By Amanda on July 8, 2017
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1385 posts
452 upvotes
dimsumboi wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 7:20 pm
What's the difference between that one and this BRITAX Marathon® (G4.1) XE Series Convertible Car Seat in Static for $191?

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/produc ... 20marathon

There's also a different model at the same site for $239.99. Seems there are many variations of the Marathon car seat.
The difference is that you are looking at the US Buy Buy Baby, and items in USD plus shipping (if they ship), and different safety standards.
Jan 29, 2005
111 posts
5 upvotes
If you plan on moving the carseat between vehicles etc, I recommend the clicktight versions of the Britax...very easy to install and hard to do it wrong
May 21, 2012
130 posts
84 upvotes
Burlington
msprnt wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 8:22 pm
The Clek seats are probably the easiest seats on the market for tightening and loosening.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1232 posts
866 upvotes
Langley, BC
We have 6 of the Boulevard models in our house right now... lol.

We have since moved on to the Britax Frontier since the girls are now older/taller.

I would recommend Britax any day.