Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Britax Marathon (G4.1) Convertible Car Seat

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 12:01 am
Jul 5, 2004
22937 posts
2620 upvotes
I have a Britax in my vehicle and the wife has a Maxi-Cosi that cost 3 times as much. I hate her seat. It's hard to get my son in and out of it, it's hard to loosen the straps once they are tight and it's almost impossible to actually get the seat tightened properly in the vehicle. I'm very, very happy with my Britax.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4844 posts
918 upvotes
Milton
Shaner wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 9:14 am
I have a Britax in my vehicle and the wife has a Maxi-Cosi that cost 3 times as much. I hate her seat. It's hard to get my son in and out of it, it's hard to loosen the straps once they are tight and it's almost impossible to actually get the seat tightened properly in the vehicle. I'm very, very happy with my Britax.
off topic, what stroller do you & wife use?
Jul 5, 2004
22937 posts
2620 upvotes
spena wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 9:35 am
off topic, what stroller do you & wife use?
He's almost 2 now, so we don't use a stroller anymore. I'm not sure which stroller we did use, I'd have to ask her.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
May 20, 2003
378 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
I've been happy with the Britax car seats that I've bought so far and I bought one from this deal too. I've had or currently using the Marathon, and Frontier.
Feb 21, 2012
83 posts
18 upvotes
East York, Ontario
we were deciding between this and the Graco 4ever. At the time there was only a 20 dollar price difference so we went with the 4ever. Love it and the 10 years we will have with it.
Jun 19, 2007
130 posts
14 upvotes
Purchased on sale the last time for $265. Great car seat! Love it and high safety.
Oct 15, 2006
366 posts
71 upvotes
North Vancouver
I have a Diono and an Evenflo (normall 329 bought for $99 at TRU sale). I HATE the evenflo. I love the Radian. I'm curious why others say this is better than even the Diono??
Feb 24, 2017
106 posts
29 upvotes
eternitybc wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 1:27 pm
I have a Diono and an Evenflo (normall 329 bought for $99 at TRU sale). I HATE the evenflo. I love the Radian. I'm curious why others say this is better than even the Diono??
I would also like to know. I thought Diono was the preferred option on RFD?
Aug 31, 2014
96 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For those that purchase on previous deals or this deal, how old was the carseat when you received it?

We've bought our bucket seat on sale from Amazon before, but the manufacture date was I think 1.5 yrs old already, and I was only pregnant at the time, so I felt like we lost 2 yrs of the carseat 's age already.

Given that this one will be in use for a few years, definitely don't want it to expire while we're still using it.
Sep 30, 2008
823 posts
477 upvotes
Pickering
Thanks OP! Great timing as wife is about to return to work from mat leave soon and needed a car seat for my parents as they will be taking care of baby. I currently use a Britax car seat and had no second thoughts about continuing with the brand, love it!
Mylocosta wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 3:41 pm
Typically until what age would this be good for?
Can vary from child to child since age is not a determining factor, it's size/weight that matters.

Rear Facing: 5lbs - 40lbs (2.3 - 18 kg)
Forward Facing: 22lbs and walks unassisted, up to 65lbs (10 kg and walks unassisted, up to 29.4 kg)
Child Standing Height (in) 49 or less (124.5 cm or less)
Sep 30, 2008
823 posts
477 upvotes
Pickering
Tsanger wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:44 pm
For those that purchase on previous deals or this deal, how old was the carseat when you received it?

We've bought our bucket seat on sale from Amazon before, but the manufacture date was I think 1.5 yrs old already, and I was only pregnant at the time, so I felt like we lost 2 yrs of the carseat 's age already.

Given that this one will be in use for a few years, definitely don't want it to expire while we're still using it.
I bought a Britax B Safe Elite car seat + B-Agile stroller from Amazon when baby was born in Dec. 2016. When the nurse was doing the car seat test they asked where I got it from cause the manufacture date was literally 2-3 weeks before the date of the test. She was shocked it was that recent. I'm hoping it will be similar this time around.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
2608 posts
458 upvotes
smeeae wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:25 pm
I would also like to know. I thought Diono was the preferred option on RFD?
It is, however the Diono is huge and heavy. Rear facing, the Diono will rob some space for the front driver/passenger.

Also, it's almost a workout to remove/reinstall....

I have a Diono and Britax Roundabout, I paid $240 for roundabout so Marathon for $240 is a great deal!

Comfiness, DIono wins hands down. Britax does get a bit crampy when they get older/larger AND rear facing. Britax doesn't compromise on build quality, everything feels good.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1852 posts
585 upvotes
Sudbury
Currently have two Radians and looking for another car seat. Don’t feel like lugging two Radians through an airport in a month. How do these compare?