[Amazon Canada] Britax Marathon (G4.1) Convertible Car Seat

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 12:01 am
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1008 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How does this compare to Clek Filo? Thanks.
Jan 24, 2007
147 posts
15 upvotes
hawkmasta wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 10:27 pm
If you plan on moving the carseat between vehicles etc, I recommend the clicktight versions of the Britax...very easy to install and hard to do it wrong
It's actually on sale too I think
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
230 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kanewtz wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 6:55 pm
Currently have two Radians and looking for another car seat. Don’t feel like lugging two Radians through an airport in a month. How do these compare?
I would recommend the Britax, having had both brands in the past. Top of the line quality.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4261 posts
308 upvotes
eternitybc wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 1:27 pm
I have a Diono and an Evenflo (normall 329 bought for $99 at TRU sale). I HATE the evenflo. I love the Radian. I'm curious why others say this is better than even the Diono??
I actually just went through the process of buying a couple convertible car seats for my son.
My original choice was to go with the Diono Rainier. I bought 2 from Amazon. I tried to like using them, but there were too man annoyances. The ratchet system to tighten is the worst, it takes too long to crank down there kid, it's even worse if it's - 20 outside. They are also a pain to install and too tall for mostly cars in rear facing, unless you have a van. Even with the angle adjuster, it's not good. It's also made in China.
The one good thing is that it's wonderful for travelling. It folds down flat and has a shoulder strap to carry. But then you better remember to bring thag angle adjuster or rent a van.

We ended up dumping the Diono for 2 Britax Boulevard Clicktight seats. Best decision ever. Extremely easy to install, easy to get the kid in and out. And made in USA.

Go with Britax.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
May 30, 2010
304 posts
442 upvotes
letmesee wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 7:30 pm
How does this compare to Clek Filo? Thanks.
I have A clek foonf and a britax.

I would say the britax is More comfortable, wider, shorter, not as durable(straps), slightly harder to install.

The clek is the opposite of above and i really like their crylon fabrics. Overall they are both awsome. Try instore and get the one that fits your car the best and the one YOU can install right every time. Improper install is such ahuge problem.
Nov 7, 2005
121 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
kanewtz wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 6:55 pm
Currently have two Radians and looking for another car seat. Don’t feel like lugging two Radians through an airport in a month. How do these compare?
cant speak for radian but I have a diono rainier and it is a TANK to move. No way.

We have a britax marathon for 2nd car seat + airplane travel , way lighter. Recommended.For airport wheeling , I purchased this bag : BRICA Cover Guard Car Seat Travel Bag https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B006P05S2Y/ref ... vAbNJZJQB9 (55$)

That said, I can't imagine wheeling two car seats and full complement of family luggage. Not enough hands!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
3666 posts
1472 upvotes
I have 2 of these and the straps are too short. It is ridiculously short to the point where i almost don't need to tighten them. Can barely get the kid in.

I don't see anyway to make them longer.

My kid is not even 2.5 yet. How is she supposed to sit in there till she is 4?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1982 posts
705 upvotes
Sudbury
d0hboy wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:20 am
cant speak for radian but I have a diono rainier and it is a TANK to move. No way.

We have a britax marathon for 2nd car seat + airplane travel , way lighter. Recommended.For airport wheeling , I purchased this bag : BRICA Cover Guard Car Seat Travel Bag https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B006P05S2Y/ref ... vAbNJZJQB9 (55$)

That said, I can't imagine wheeling two car seats and full complement of family luggage. Not enough hands!
I assume you gate checked the car seat?

Any issues with the air line? We are flying Air Canada.

If you brought the car seat in the plane, did they give you a problem? Last time I flew with the Radian...the airline squawked when I attempted to put the car seat in the plane seat until I explained to them that their own policy states I can do it LOL.

Was going to buy this as well: Travel Car Seat Bag
Nov 10, 2010
377 posts
151 upvotes
Hamilton
mech9t5 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:59 am
I have 2 of these and the straps are too short. It is ridiculously short to the point where i almost don't need to tighten them. Can barely get the kid in.

I don't see anyway to make them longer.

My kid is not even 2.5 yet. How is she supposed to sit in there till she is 4?
I think you can extend from behind or underneath. There's definitely a way to do it. I have two of these, and never had a problem.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
3666 posts
1472 upvotes
AwCrimety wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 6:24 am
I think you can extend from behind or underneath. There's definitely a way to do it. I have two of these, and never had a problem.
If you search Google for Britax marathon straps too short it is a common problem.

I assume if you never had a problem you probably had a smaller kid.
Dec 21, 2007
79 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Derick wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:30 pm
I have A clek foonf and a britax.

I would say the britax is More comfortable, wider, shorter, not as durable(straps), slightly harder to install.

The clek is the opposite of above and i really like their crylon fabrics. Overall they are both awsome. Try instore and get the one that fits your car the best and the one YOU can install right every time. Improper install is such ahuge problem.
I have a Britax and Foonf as well and oddly enough, my experience is almost the exact opposite. The Foonf is quite comfortable since it has an additional angle but it is far more difficult to install since it's so incredibly heavy. I can definitely see some mothers not being able to carry it from car to car. The fabric is great as mentioned and it feels more sturdy in terms of build quality.

The Britax on the other hand is my choice for when we need to move a car seat to another car. Using the latch system, it's incredibly fast to secure and it's comfortable as well but the straps are far too short. Even with a thick winter coat, my kid can get into the Foonf without any help but the Britax is impossible without me squashing the air out of the coat.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8721 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
WALMART HAS A SEAT FOR $79. if you want a budget seat for a secondary seat.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Jan 23, 2017
39 posts
17 upvotes
GTA
Bought a 2nd one of these in October when TRU had it on sale for $249.97. Noticed TRU has it on sale once in awhile and this was the lowest they had it last year. A couple days later, TRU had a 15% off everything promo (including sale items) so was able to get it price adjusted for another $37.50 off. So ended up paying $212 ($240 after taxes). No complaints so far, easy to anchor in the car and pretty sturdy. Haven’t encountered any strap issues, maybe my kid is on the small side. The manufacture date was less than 2 months old.
Aug 31, 2014
101 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Phat$ wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:56 pm
I bought a Britax B Safe Elite car seat + B-Agile stroller from Amazon when baby was born in Dec. 2016. When the nurse was doing the car seat test they asked where I got it from cause the manufacture date was literally 2-3 weeks before the date of the test. She was shocked it was that recent. I'm hoping it will be similar this time around.
jealous! you're so lucky!