• Jan 13th, 2018 12:01 am
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
1997 posts
382 upvotes
Calgary
mech9t5 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:59 am
I have 2 of these and the straps are too short. It is ridiculously short to the point where i almost don't need to tighten them. Can barely get the kid in.

I don't see anyway to make them longer.

My kid is not even 2.5 yet. How is she supposed to sit in there till she is 4?
I have a Britax Advocate Clicktight so I'm not sure if it is the same but doesn't hurt to take a look to see if you can extend the straps the same way.

https://us.britax.com/product-knowledge ... xtra-room/
May 30, 2010
301 posts
438 upvotes
wham wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 8:53 am

I have a Britax and Foonf as well and oddly enough, my experience is almost the exact opposite. The Foonf is quite comfortable since it has an additional angle but it is far more difficult to install since it's so incredibly heavy. I can definitely see some mothers not being able to carry it from car to car. The fabric is great as mentioned and it feels more sturdy in terms of build quality.

The Britax on the other hand is my choice for when we need to move a car seat to another car. Using the latch system, it's incredibly fast to secure and it's comfortable as well but the straps are far too short. Even with a thick winter coat, my kid can get into the Foonf without any help but the Britax is impossible without me squashing the air out of the coat.
I agree that i NEVER want to move the fnoof. But doing the updated seat belt lockoffs and the ridgid latch/seatbelt combo is far easier to get a proper install. I dont have to compress the seat and can quite litterially do it with one hand behind my back on the Foonf. That is once its in the car.

No seat allows a “thick winter jacket” unfortunately. A topic of contention with parents in cold climates.

Also the position 2 front facing position on the foonf has been retroactively rejected. It is no longer permissible. The padding is softer and the shell more sculpted for comfort for the britax.

The britax also has a no rethread harness. Very handy. All that beening said if i had to have only one, it would be the foonf. As long as i didnt need to move it alot.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9160 posts
965 upvotes
Can you "sit" beside this car seat like the Diono? Or is it very wide?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4900 posts
243 upvotes
Markham
Asoul wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:18 pm
I have a Britax Advocate Clicktight so I'm not sure if it is the same but doesn't hurt to take a look to see if you can extend the straps the same way.

https://us.britax.com/product-knowledge ... xtra-room/
hi there,

how much did you pay for the advocate clicktight? as i can tell, its a very pricey model....
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
1997 posts
382 upvotes
Calgary
adeel wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:56 pm
hi there,

how much did you pay for the advocate clicktight? as i can tell, its a very pricey model....
I bought it last year in March, it was a Amazon one day deal for $398.99
Dec 21, 2007
78 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Derick wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:26 pm
Also the position 2 front facing position on the foonf has been retroactively rejected. It is no longer permissible. The padding is softer and the shell more sculpted for comfort for the britax.
Would you happen to have a source for this? I read that some new laws were introduced regarding the height of car seats in cars but I haven't heard anything about position 2 in the Foonf. In their 2017 manual it still says 1 or 2 for forward-facing so I'd like to be extra sure. Thanks.

Edit: I was able to find this notice saying that effective May 20th, 2016, the Foonf warning label and instruction manual no longer allow use of Recline Position 1 when installed forward-facing with a vehicle lap belt only and tether strap but not one for Position 2.
https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesa ... -1484.html
Sep 25, 2007
67 posts
12 upvotes
GTA
aquariaguy wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:50 pm
Can you "sit" beside this car seat like the Diono? Or is it very wide?
Can sit beside it easily. Mine is in a mazda3, rear facing, and my pre-teen son has no problem getting in beside it.
Sep 25, 2007
67 posts
12 upvotes
GTA
eternitybc wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 1:27 pm
I have a Diono and an Evenflo (normall 329 bought for $99 at TRU sale). I HATE the evenflo. I love the Radian. I'm curious why others say this is better than even the Diono??
Using both on a daily basis, I'd say that I thought I liked the Radian. That was before I tried this one. Firstly, the Radian is a pain to tighten. It's squeaky. The sides (for leg containment/protection) are very short. It is FAR more difficult to install.

Overall, I'd much prefer having two of the Britax.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9160 posts
965 upvotes
Elendil wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:32 pm
Can sit beside it easily. Mine is in a mazda3, rear facing, and my pre-teen son has no problem getting in beside it.
How about the "space" of the person sitting in front of the car seat? Does this car seat tilt really far back? I have the Diono RXT and got the tilt cushion thingie cuz wasn't enough space for front person and it still is kinda a pain in the ass.

I found this review website good: Feel the Marathon isn't enough cushion at the head they say.

One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4251 posts
303 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:50 pm
How about the "space" of the person sitting in front of the car seat? Does this car seat tilt really far back? I have the Diono RXT and got the tilt cushion thingie cuz wasn't enough space for front person and it still is kinda a pain in the ass.

I found this review website good: Feel the Marathon isn't enough cushion at the head they say.

One of the reasons why I dumped the Diono for the Britax Boulevard Clicktight. That angle adjuster is annoying especially if moving between cars.
And even with the angle adjuster, there was barely enough leg room for the front passengers in my Acura RDX and Hyundai Accent.
The head support is why I went with the Boulevard instead of the Marathon.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Aug 5, 2009
69 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
You can get a further 15% discount on this by creating a baby registry (or add to an existing one). On the baby registry page amazon offers a 15% one-time discount on registry completion and this carseat is eligible. Here's more on the discount: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.html?i ... 1002406081

Price after discount is $210.37

Dec 27, 2010
37 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Britax Roundabout, and I actually put off using it until my baby maxes out his Chicco Keyfit 30. One of the reasons being the fact we don't have to wake him up, but the main is that it just won't go into a recline to a proper position on the mid row bucket seats of a '17 Grand Caravan SXT.
Britax's solution? Buy a pool noodle or roll up a towel tightly and put it under it, closer to the back of the car's seat.
Mar 7, 2011
806 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
eternitybc wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 1:27 pm
I have a Diono and an Evenflo (normall 329 bought for $99 at TRU sale). I HATE the evenflo. I love the Radian. I'm curious why others say this is better than even the Diono??
I have a Britax Boulevard and a Diono Rainier and would say that the Diono is a better built. More steel construction (super heavy which is the only con IMO) while Britax is made of mainly foam and plastic. But both are pretty good car seats can’t go wrong at this price.
Mar 7, 2011
806 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
realmadvillain wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:41 pm
You can get a further 15% discount on this by creating a baby registry (or add to an existing one). On the baby registry page amazon offers a 15% one-time discount on registry completion and this carseat is eligible. Here's more on the discount: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.html?i ... 1002406081

Price after discount is $210.37

Did anybody know how to get the discount code ASAP? Registered but it says I will get the discount code on Jan 25th...
May 21, 2012
145 posts
108 upvotes
Burlington
drosw wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:44 pm
I have the Britax Roundabout, and I actually put off using it until my baby maxes out his Chicco Keyfit 30. One of the reasons being the fact we don't have to wake him up, but the main is that it just won't go into a recline to a proper position on the mid row bucket seats of a '17 Grand Caravan SXT.
Britax's solution? Buy a pool noodle or roll up a towel tightly and put it under it, closer to the back of the car's seat.
Many car seat manufacturers allow the use of a noodle or tightly-rolled towel to adjust the angle of a rear facing seat. (Not all seats allow this - Britax does, but for other seats check the manual or contact the manufacturer. For example, Diono does not allow this.) The captain chairs in Grand Caravans are extremely sloped, and a rear-facing install with the car seat flat against the vehicle seat would result in the child being too upright. The Britax seats have a line on the side of the seat. This line is the middle of the range of allowable reclines. The seat can be 7.5 degrees more or less upright than the line. If using a towel, tape the towel so it stays tightly rolled. The noodle or towel is placed under the car seat base at the end where the child's feet would be. (I'm a CPST, AKA car seat tech.)