Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Brother MFC7860DW - $164.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2014 9:51 pm
Tags:
Apr 3, 2008
70 posts
17 upvotes
I went future shop and did price match, bad thing is future shop or best buy charges the 8 dollars environtmental fee, but Amazon.ca doesn't , so after price match, just save about 6 or 7 dollars comparing to Amazon.ca, not a big difference.
Feb 14, 2012
351 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
cly1025 wrote: I went future shop and did price match, bad thing is future shop or best buy charges the 8 dollars environtmental fee, but Amazon.ca doesn't , so after price match, just save about 6 or 7 dollars comparing to Amazon.ca, not a big difference.
Same thing happened for me at FS. On the plus side I don't have to wait for shipping (beware the box is large and won't fit in small economy sedans). Thanks OP!
Oct 8, 2008
337 posts
72 upvotes
vrej wrote: I have a brother MFC and was starting to get the "toner low" error. So I took out the toner and put masking tape on the little side window of the toner (the printer shoots a light/laser through and if it's not blocked by toner, it says you're low). Anyhow, after putting the tape on it, I've been printing with it for 2 years. Now I don't say I'm the most intensive user, but got through printing several tax returns and probably a couple of hundred pages and it still hasn't run out.

So if you have a brother MFC and find that shaking the cartridge makes the toner low error go away, give it masking tape a try. There's not much to lose! Just FYI!
Thanks for the idea. Can I ask you to please post a picture. There are a few small Windows on all sides of the toner and I'm not sure which one to put the tape on.
Thanks