Jan 24, 2009
742 posts
400 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon Canada] Bulova Lunar Pilot both models lowest price ever

Cheaper than Black Friday

2 Strap version $241.99

Stainless steel bracelet $255.01

This is a big watch , but works well on my 6 1/2 inch wrist.

Favourite watch in my collection. Amazing accuracy. Also manufacturers 3 year warranty.
24 replies
Jun 30, 2009
809 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
Great price for both models. I saw the triple C notification on my phone when I got up this morning and plan on placing an order. Thanks for sharing the deal with everyone Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4510 posts
1394 upvotes
Debtario
Awesome deals. Got the strap version on BF intending for it to be a gift but ended up keeping it for myself, now I'm thinking of getting the SS bracelet version too. Might have to flip one, undecided.

It is a big watch but wears surprisingly well, the UHF quartz movement is deadly accurate (rivals HAQ grade, I dare say), but the DIAL... OMG. It makes the speedmaster's dial look like a cheap print job, the bulova dial has so much dimensionality to it it's mind blowing; the tachymeter ring sits above the dial under the crystal, the minute track is recessed in a trench around the dial, the main dial is a perfect matte black with applied indices filled with lume. The sub-dials have a sunburst sheen, and the hands are super legible, all topped off with an excellent sapphire crystal with remarkable clarity thanks to the underside AR coating.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12292 posts
3321 upvotes
Ottawa
nice. With these prices I'm sure glad I didn't buy when it came out at full price.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Dec 7, 2009
882 posts
384 upvotes
East of Toronto
Yes, great deal. Got my notification from the camels this morning. Leather or bracelet...
Jul 17, 2018
286 posts
245 upvotes
Everytime I see these on sale I have to remind myself how massive they are. Otherwise I'd buy one instantly
[OP]
Jan 24, 2009
742 posts
400 upvotes
Montreal
DRC wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 7:56 am
Yes, great deal. Got my notification from the camels this morning. Leather or bracelet...
The bracelet unfortunately feels like an afterthought even though it is high quality, but the leather one sold out on BF and I jumped the gun.

If you get the bracelet and want to swap out the strap, you will need some curved spring pins as the holes are really close to the case. NATO might not work well.

Here is mine with a matte blue leather strap.
Dec 7, 2009
882 posts
384 upvotes
East of Toronto
Sold me. Going for leather. Have enough divers on bracelets.
May 19, 2003
866 posts
85 upvotes
Kitchener
Great Deal! Bought mine on BF... it wears well for a larger watch, also like the Velcro strap on my larger wrist and it's $27 less this timeThumbs Up Sign
Looks like the bracelet version deal is dead already
Images
  • IMG_20181203_181739925.jpg
Heatware: 59-0-0
May 31, 2007
299 posts
165 upvotes
OoS but at these prices, they are an amazing watch.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4510 posts
1394 upvotes
Debtario
Forgot to mention the presentation and packaging is also very well executed to reinforce this is a special watch. Mine came in an outer paper box with thin foam protecting a well made wooden grey presentation box with the watch and straps neatly nested on a black pleather contoured watch pillow, a level of detail rarely seen even at the MSRP and it's up there with Oris and Tudor for presentation.
DRC wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 10:37 am
Sold me. Going for leather. Have enough divers on bracelets.
Good call, you won't be disappointed. The original watch and all NASA speedmasters are worn on straps, it helps for a more comfortable and lighter wearing watch, particularly for large watches with flat lug profiles that otherwise tend to slide on the wrist when on a bracelet.

Just a heads up, the stock leather strap feels very stiff and cheap out of the box, it needs some time to break in and soften up. The buckle on the stock strap is nothing special, but it is removable (via internal spring bar) and you can swap it out for a 20mm deployant for easier and safer buckling - you put your hand through it and avoid the possibility of the watch falling off your wrist when putting it on/taking it off.

This watch, much like the speedmaster, lends itself well to an assortment of leather and natos in whatever colors you want, go nuts!
Last edited by M1K3Z0R on Dec 26th, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7099 posts
1105 upvotes
London
FriendlyUnit wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 3:22 pm
There’s only one moon watch.
Find a Speedy Pro for under $3000.
Dec 26, 2010
894 posts
556 upvotes
i bought it last time. i have a fairly skinny wrist (6 and 1/8 inches in circumference) and i think it looks okay. only problem is that first two holes of the strap are difficult to use, so i have to settle for a third one. so it kind of slides around. perfectly happy watch novice. wanted to get myself something "spacey" after watching interstellar (i.e. hamilton watch), but this will do for now.