Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Bushnell Trophy Red Dot TRS-25 3 MOA Scope $96.76 plus get a $40 rebate!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 1:34 am
[OP]
Apr 5, 2016
214 posts
176 upvotes
BC

[Amazon Canada] Bushnell Trophy Red Dot TRS-25 3 MOA Scope $96.76 plus get a $40 rebate!

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 10.08.00 AM.png
-

This scope usually sells for around $149~$169 + taxes at most retailers in Canada.
You now save around 50% or more!

Currently you can get it on Amazon Canada for $96.76 + taxes (Free Shipping from amazon.ca / Prime eligible)

Then you get the $40 Trophy Bucks (Canadian) Mail-in Rebate!
"Through October 31, 2017, save $40 on any purchase of a Trophy or Trophy Xtreme product via mail-in rebate."

Getting this (awesome) Red Dot Sight for between $61 and $71 CAD including/after taxes (depending on province) is a phenomenal deal!

This Red Dot sight is for shotguns, rifles, handguns - and is not a cheapo air-soft model.

Enjoy!
Last edited by ChiliPalmer on Aug 31st, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Zoomer Wireless = 2+ years
Tangerine = 10+ years
99 replies
Oct 2, 2014
43 posts
49 upvotes
Madden, AB
This is an insanely good deal if MIR pans out. Ordered 1. Hopefully it'll help me kill many many animals for sport :)
Jan 25, 2012
22 posts
20 upvotes
Wow, this deal is super hot!!! I ordered one as well. Thanks OP!
~ Thanked :)
Jun 23, 2010
26 posts
33 upvotes
I ordered one a month ago from Amazon and received check in less than 2 weeks. Fastest MIR ever.
This is the new generation of the scope - with white label, not the golden one. The quality is not as good as the old version. You can search in Google for the details. But still a very nice scope, strong build and clear picture.

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 31st, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: the post you were responding to was removed
Apr 18, 2008
138 posts
109 upvotes
BC
Just in this is an issue to anyone: The model that Amazon is shipping out is currently with a white logo, not the classic gold one.

[OP]
Apr 5, 2016
214 posts
176 upvotes
BC
mongoosesdk wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 3:02 pm
I ordered one a month ago from Amazon and received check in less than 2 weeks. Fastest MIR ever.
This is the new generation of the scope - with white label, not the golden one. The quality is not as good as the old version. You can search in Google for the details. But still a very nice scope, strong build and clear picture.
Thanks for the info! Hopefully I get the rebate in 2 weeks too (versus the 6-8 weeks indicated)
Zoomer Wireless = 2+ years
Tangerine = 10+ years
Apr 18, 2008
138 posts
109 upvotes
BC
Also, there's this video comparing the two:

Dec 3, 2015
82 posts
97 upvotes
Canoe, BC
FWIW, I have used these on CX4's 9mm (great), AR's (great) and 12g shotguns (not so good). The recoil of the shotgun just seems too great for these little guys. But I can't honestly say if it is the internals or the mount, as I could not get it to hold zero on the shotguns, thinking I broke the sight, but then put in on lesser recoiling guns which continued to work fine. So maybe it just can't grab the rail on the shotgun hard enough to deal with the recoil. Just an observation as my Vortex Razor does not have issues...and yes, I realize it is 6x the price :)
Apr 18, 2008
138 posts
109 upvotes
BC
Anyone have any good suggestions on how to zero these? I always over-adjust and then never feel confident that I've done it properly.
Dec 3, 2015
82 posts
97 upvotes
Canoe, BC
MandomRix wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 3:33 pm
Anyone have any good suggestions on how to zero these? I always over-adjust and then never feel confident that I've done it properly.
Easiest way to set zero on any scope is to fire a round into the target whilst aiming at the center. Then put the sight on the center again and adjust the red dot or center of reticle to the first hole you made. Voila, on target!

EDIT: Oh yeah, obviously have to hold the gun still while doing the adjustments, so a friend is helpful :)
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4774 posts
1331 upvotes
ON
Darkwing327 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 3:37 pm
Easiest way to set zero on any scope is to fire a round into the target whilst aiming at the center. Then put the sight on the center again and adjust the red dot or center of reticle to the first hole you made. Voila, on target!

EDIT: Oh yeah, obviously have to hold the gun still while doing the adjustments, so a friend is helpful :)
You're assuming one has sights to begin with....most ARs don't come with sights and many other rifles as well.
In that case a quick bore sighting procedure would get you on paper then just it's a question of chasing the hits with the red dot while adjusting until one is satisfied with the consistency.
This is the procedure to follow for boresighting a rifle at home.
Dec 3, 2015
82 posts
97 upvotes
Canoe, BC
dilligafeh wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 4:00 pm
You're assuming one has sights to begin with....most ARs don't come with sights and many other rifles as well.
In that case a quick bore sighting procedure would get you on paper then just it's a question of chasing the hits with the red dot while adjusting until one is satisfied with the consistency.
This is the procedure to follow for boresighting a rifle at home.
Yep, was assuming you were already on paper, otherwise not much sense diddling with the knobs. Good point.
Apr 23, 2016
81 posts
52 upvotes
Damn, I literally just bought a sightmark red dot off Amazon last week. I thought to myself "I'll never see a red dot sale on rfd"...

Looks like a great deal for this optic.

I ended up buying:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B004TDIDW ... ref=plSrch

A little more expensive but overall I'm quite happy with the quality.
Apr 26, 2015
15 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Simple question. How do you submit a rebate with no receipt? Never ever recieved a receipt from amazon.
Oct 31, 2014
247 posts
126 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Darkwing327 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 3:31 pm
So maybe it just can't grab the rail on the shotgun hard enough to deal with the recoil. Just an observation as my Vortex Razor does not have issues...and yes, I realize it is 6x the price :)
Mine worked just fine on my Weatherby TR-459 (6.5lb 12g), I'd suspect it was a clamp to rail issue.
MandomRix wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 3:33 pm
Shoot off a rest, use a posterboard at 25 yards with a mark for a point of aim. Always aim at the same point and chase your hole (or group) (so if you're low and left, move your sight down and left), once that's on, push the distance out farther and repeat.
dilligafeh wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 4:00 pm
In that case a quick bore sighting procedure
Or you can just use a bigger piece of paper/posterboard from the dollar store at a closer range :)
camdelle wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 4:48 pm
Lol. What if they are killing animals to eat? And fyi. This would not be useful for either!
Sure it would, I wouldn't hesitate to use it on deer/bear/grouse/rabbit.

Hot deal, I got mine for $100 a while ago (mines the gold lettering version) and have run it on a few guns (it's currently residing on a 9mm carbine), I'm half tempted to get another for my little badger,