Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Bushnell Trophy Red Dot TRS-25 3 MOA Scope $96.76 plus get a $40 rebate!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 8:20 am
Dec 14, 2001
392 posts
96 upvotes
Got mine today - no issues - dot does not/not disappear.

Thanks OP
Jan 18, 2010
273 posts
22 upvotes
This work with an existing Scope? or i need a different brand?

I got a 7mm and moose season next week
[OP]
Apr 5, 2016
215 posts
176 upvotes
BC
hearnoevil wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 2:32 pm
This work with an existing Scope? or i need a different brand?

I got a 7mm and moose season next week
Yes, I've seen some effective layouts online with the TRS-25 combined together with a magnifier.

Here's an example:
Zoomer Wireless = 2+ years
Tangerine = 10+ years
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4813 posts
1353 upvotes
ON
ChiliPalmer wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 10:39 am
Your safest bet would be to order both the UTG mid and high riser mounts mentioned in my answer to you earlier, and then return the one you don't need.
Do not order the Bushnell riser as I don't think you won't be able to co-witness with it properly.
He needs the one in the link I posted, the mid height riser.
Nov 20, 2014
169 posts
24 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
For the MIR are we to cut out the UPC barcode and mail it to them? Or a picture would suffice?
Jun 22, 2015
148 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dxclo91 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 8:27 am
For the MIR are we to cut out the UPC barcode and mail it to them? Or a picture would suffice?
No like all MIR you need to send the cutout bar code. Otherwise you could just take a photo of your buddies or send it in multiple times. Phtsicial cutout is the only way.
Nov 20, 2016
98 posts
84 upvotes
For those trying to use this with an AR, you will need a riser, there are two types that will work, a medium and a high. The basic cheap UTG one from Amazon is decent.

The Medium height riser below should put you in the zone for absolute co-witness. This means that the iron sights that come with the gun should line up exactly with the red dot.
Pros: only one point at which to aim, failure of your red dot requires no adjustment, you can see if your red dot is off, possibly a slightly better cheekweld
Cons: There is alot of sight in your red dot FOV
https://www.amazon.ca/UTG-Medium-Profil ... =utg+riser

Conversely there is a high profile riser that should put you in the zone for lower 1/3 cowitness . This means that your iron sights are in the lower 1/3 of your red dot, and your red dot sits central in the scope above it
Pros: There is less sight visible in your red dot
Cons: possibly a bit more of a chin-weld than cheek as the sight is higher, you can't tell if your red dot goes out of calibration
https://www.amazon.ca/UTG-Profile-Riser ... =utg+riser

There is no fundamentally better option, it is just personal preference. In a gun like the smith wesson mp sport 2, the front sight post is fixed, so you have to decide if you want to have that front sight post right in the centre of your red dot or in the lower 1/3 of the scope when you look through it. I myself prefer lower 1/3 if the front sight post is fixed, I like a little bit of space underneath the red dot for target identification, but overall I like the ergonomics of absolute if the back-up iron sights are able to be folded down. It's just personal preference and doesn't actually matter alot because these are meant to be shot with both eyes always open, with body facing square to target, so that really it makes very little difference which you choose in terms of overall target visibility.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2016
215 posts
176 upvotes
BC
DealPath wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 12:33 pm
For those trying to use this with an AR, you will need a riser, there are two types that will work, a medium and a high. The basic cheap UTG one from Amazon is decent.

The Medium height riser below should put you in the zone for absolute co-witness. This means that the iron sights that come with the gun should line up exactly with the red dot.
Pros: only one point at which to aim, failure of your red dot requires no adjustment, you can see if your red dot is off, possibly a slightly better cheekweld

Conversely there is a high profile riser that should put you in the zone for lower 1/3 cowitness . This means that your iron sights are in the lower 1/3 of your red dot, and your red dot sits central in the scope above it
Cons: possibly a bit more of a chin-weld than cheek as the sight is higher, you can't tell if your red dot goes out of calibration

There is no fundamentally better option, it is just personal preference. In a gun like the smith wesson mp sport 2, the front sight post is fixed, so you have to decide if you want to have that front sight post right in the centre of your red dot or in the lower 1/3 of the scope when you look through it. I myself prefer lower 1/3 if the front sight post is fixed, I like a little bit of space underneath the red dot for target identification, but overall I like the ergonomics of absolute if the back-up iron sights are able to be folded down. It's just personal preference and doesn't actually matter alot because these are meant to be shot with both eyes always open, with body facing square to target, so that really it makes very little difference which you choose in terms of overall target visibility.
Thanks @DealPath - That's a great summary. In the end it comes to personal preference which is the reason I also mentioned to buy both and return the one you don't like as much. :)
Tangerine = 10+ years
Jun 22, 2015
148 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mine arrived today, 3 days early! Gonna send in MIR and hit up the range!

Edit: No disappearing dot and setting 11 is real bright with lights on so no issues!
Images
  • 20170905_215804.jpg
Apr 6, 2015
71 posts
45 upvotes
SW Ontario
DealPath wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 12:33 pm

Tx great explanation, this is another great video on same thing.
Apr 6, 2015
71 posts
45 upvotes
SW Ontario
I got mine today ,the red dot is shooting star type unlike on YouTube ,where it appears to be round and suttle.
Can any one confirm who got them recently .
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1240 posts
536 upvotes
Alberta
Mastero wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 3:48 pm
I got mine today ,the red dot is shooting star type unlike on YouTube ,where it appears to be round and suttle.
Can any one confirm who got them recently .
Take a picture with ur phone through the scope.....if you see a perfect dot in the picture.....you need to see an optometrist to check for astigmatism...I am not joking.
Apr 6, 2015
71 posts
45 upvotes
SW Ontario
fluidmax wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 4:04 pm
Take a picture with ur phone through the scope.....if you see a perfect dot in the picture.....you need to see an optometrist to check for astigmatism...I am not joking.
No joke, could be true ,but had it seen by couple of other people ,all see shooting star .
Getting a replacement ,will see once it come thru.
[OP]
Apr 5, 2016
215 posts
176 upvotes
BC
Updated the pricing, it's now at an unbelievable $96.76 before taxes and then get your $40 rebate!
The 30+ units sold out on Amazon (Red Flag Effect), but they are now replenishing - and as the rebate goes till the end of October, the 2-4 weeks isn't an issue!
Enjoy =)
Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 11.56.12 AM.png
Tangerine = 10+ years
Jun 23, 2010
26 posts
33 upvotes
Mastero wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 6:32 pm
No joke, could be true ,but had it seen by couple of other people ,all see shooting star .
Getting a replacement ,will see once it come thru.
This happens to a lot of people, including myself. It is more obvious in low light condition. When I use it outdoors in bright light condition, i can see a perfect dot. Also, you can try to turn the brightness to a lower setting. This will reduce the effect. I also heard people using some kind of cover on the shooting glasses. Basically it covers most of the glass and only leave a small hole. The small aperture will totally eliminate the blur.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)