[Amazon Canada] Casio MDV106-1A Men's Watch $40.59 w/ FS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2019 10:10 pm
Nov 15, 2009
594 posts
127 upvotes
noxlen wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 10:42 am
It's back again. Searched, didn't see existing thread. Buy now think later, great price, very well reviewed. Free shipping w/ Prime.
Isn't it free shipping, price over $35?
[OP]
Jun 23, 2016
201 posts
150 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
MasterMK wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 11:48 am
Isn't it free shipping, price over $35?
I don't know, is it? Are you actually asking or telling me that it is? I'm a Prime member so it doesn't say that, but I understand that to be pretty standard.

If so, great! If not, sign up for a free Prime trial and there ya go. I can explain the process if that would help.
Jan 31, 2011
36 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
Could someone explain why this is such a deal? I want to understand, so I can at least appreciate threads like this even if personally don't care. I like what I see, it's cheap, so I think I'll pick one up(the enthusiasm in the thread is convincing).

Tldr: I am not looking to offend, I just want to understand the excitement for wrist watches like this.
Feb 20, 2015
201 posts
130 upvotes
Southern Ontario
MasterMK wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 11:45 am
Love the watch, not sold on Nato strap yet. I feel like mountain man, camping hiking. What strap do you recommend?
Rubber will last you about 6 months before it breaks and it becomes a pocket watch, especially the cheap rubber that cheap watches use. Nato strap will probably last 10x as long. Metal bracelet should last as long as the watch does.
Nov 18, 2008
31 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
I really like this watch, I swapped the metal bracelet from my Tag Heuer onto this watch and for a daily it looks really sharp.
Jul 31, 2008
331 posts
159 upvotes
Markham
implodinghippo wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 12:25 pm
Tldr: I am not looking to offend, I just want to understand the excitement for wrist watches like this.
Some reasons why some of us like it:
  • Heavily discounted. RFDers would buy bags of dog poo if heavily discounted.
  • Nice clean face, and a bit of an homage to the Submariner (one of the reference watches of all time).
  • Solid build and quartz accuracy.
  • Wears smaller than expected, which is important for the tiny wristed RFD crowd.
  • So cheap you can buy two if you want to save time changing bands (speaking from experience).
  • 200m rated, which is a step up these days.
  • So cheap you will wear it anywhere without fear of abuse, loss, etc.
  • Looks manly (see tiny wrist comment above).
Apr 16, 2015
26 posts
32 upvotes
Jesus. This is my 4th watch in the past month. Leave me alone, RFD.
Jun 15, 2010
133 posts
80 upvotes
Richmond
Great everyday beater watch. I switched to a nato strap.
Very solid and heavy. Feels very manly haha. Its been my go-to watch ever since buying it.
Images
  • P_20190206_101937.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1091 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa
Is this Automatic?
if not, how long the winding last?
how accurate is this watch?
Is it sapphire?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2746 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto
thanks OP it really is a great watch

5% cb @ gcr as well
Nov 20, 2006
26 posts
5 upvotes
Yellowknife
Is a tool required to change the battery (other than a small flat blade screwdriver)? If so, anyone have a link to a good one?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10645 posts
10733 upvotes
This is a nice watch for a coffee shop date in a hipster part of town, but it lacks the flair of the all-metal Citizen ECO Drives (lucked out getting one at $80 or $90).

If it pleases you though, who am I to say otherwise.