[Amazon Canada] Casio MDV106-1A Men's Watch $40.59 w/ FS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2019 10:10 pm
Nov 15, 2009
337 posts
52 upvotes
Gibsons wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 12:46 pm
Rubber will last you about 6 months before it breaks and it becomes a pocket watch, especially the cheap rubber that cheap watches use. Nato strap will probably last 10x as long. Metal bracelet should last as long as the watch does.
It all depends on how use the strap. When I was young, I had Casio digital watch, the strap that came with watch never broke on me. It usually came undone at pins. Yes, they do recommend Rubber or Nylon type of strap for hiking.

https://www.amazon.ca/StrapsCo-Silicone ... rap+rubber

This one caught my eye. But I think Silicone would be sticking to my skin. I don't know if I would like that?

The metal bracket starp, I think can be undone (opens) frequently. Ever if you shorten the strap. Personally I don't like the feel of metal.
Leather straps are OK but they wear out quickly. Smell of leather and sweat.
Aug 25, 2017
55 posts
44 upvotes
Warning, this watch is a major gateway drug to collecting dive watches.

You'll be eyeing a Seiko SKX or Orient Mako not long after buying this, and within a few months a $500-$600 watch won't seem quite so crazy.
Apr 6, 2008
414 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
Curious if this watch can actually go diving? Does 200m mean you can take it to 40m on scuba?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1166 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Passed on this the last few times and have regretted it. Will buy this time around. Great addition to any watch collection. Thanks OP.
Feb 18, 2010
711 posts
226 upvotes
Greely
mdl.tor wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 1:05 pm
Some reasons why some of us like it:
  • Heavily discounted. RFDers would buy bags of dog poo if heavily discounted.
  • Wears smaller than expected, which is important for the tiny wristed RFD crowd.
  • Looks manly (see tiny wrist comment above).
Hey, I resemble, I mean, I resent that remark!!!

Angry Face
Jul 18, 2017
210 posts
164 upvotes
Finally picked it up.

Can someone recommend an Amazon link to a nice nato? I know there are different prices / quality...
Jan 31, 2011
31 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
BeverlyHills90210 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 4:46 pm
Finally picked it up.

Can someone recommend an Amazon link to a nice nato? I know there are different prices / quality...
I want to piggyback off this and also ask, are the straps that fit this, the 22mm straps?
Feb 18, 2010
711 posts
226 upvotes
Greely
implodinghippo wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 4:52 pm
I want to piggyback off this and also ask, are the straps that fit this, the 22mm straps?
The BlueBeach is ok for the price, but is probably too long for most RFDers.

BlueBeach
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5171 posts
5343 upvotes
zott23 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 3:06 pm
Warning, this watch is a major gateway drug to collecting dive watches.

You'll be eyeing a Seiko SKX or Orient Mako not long after buying this, and within a few months a $500-$600 watch won't seem quite so crazy.
I guess it's time for another RFD heart-to-heart bro session.

Men do best avoiding over-investment in any one article of clothing or jewelry, it's the whole package that counts.

As with all male endeavors, ask the question: what is my goal here?
- Attracting a partner
- Garnering respect
- Rain-making

Once you've targeted an outcome, you aim to dress accordingly. Simple elegance goes a long way. Sometimes /r/malefashionadvice is helpful, for more formal dress-wear your neighborhood tailor is a better option.

God bless.
Banned
Oct 3, 2018
126 posts
147 upvotes
Just use an old t shirt and tie it around with a knot, itll look better than a nato. But then again with this ugly watch, doesnt matter what you use
Nov 22, 2009
337 posts
196 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked up a 2nd MDV106 along with this NATO strap:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07F7ZPC2V/ref ... =UTF8&th=1

I already have one thats's about 2 to 3 years old when it first showed up on watchuseek and has been holding up great. The mineral crystal has a few dents in it. Other than that its been great.

I have it on a Seiko Neo Monster stainless steel bracelet and looks great.

Here's a detailed review on it.

https://divewatchesblog.com/reviews/cas ... 1a-review/
Aug 25, 2017
55 posts
44 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 5:19 pm
I guess it's time for another RFD heart-to-heart bro session.

Men do best avoiding over-investment in any one article of clothing or jewelry, it's the whole package that counts.

As with all male endeavors, ask the question: what is my goal here?
- Attracting a partner
- Garnering respect
- Rain-making

Once you've targeted an outcome, you aim to dress accordingly. Simple elegance goes a long way. Sometimes /r/malefashionadvice is helpful, for more formal dress-wear your neighborhood tailor is a better option.

God bless.
Some people don't care about fashion and just like watches! I'm sure that's fine advice for someone who wears watches to impress others, but some of us just enjoy collecting well made/interesting watches.
Jul 18, 2017
210 posts
164 upvotes
eyeswdeshut wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 5:42 pm
Just use an old t shirt and tie it around with a knot, itll look better than a nato. But then again with this ugly watch, doesnt matter what you use
Lol irl.