Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] CHOETECH USB-C and microUSB to USB Charging/Sync Cable (2 pack) - $8.49 (50% OFF)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2018 1:48 pm
[OP]
Oct 12, 2012
507 posts
462 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] CHOETECH USB-C and microUSB to USB Charging/Sync Cable (2 pack) - $8.49 (50% OFF)

Stumbled upon this cable that's interchangeable between USB-C and microUSB.

I have to plug in USB-C and microUSB devices to my computer all day at work so this will be super useful now that I'll only need 1 cable.

Use code RW9H7GEI for 50% off at checkout. $8.49
30 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2071 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
I like choetech great quality
Oct 31, 2012
969 posts
308 upvotes
Guelph
Thanks op! Every time I think I have enough usb c cables I find I need one somewhere.
Nov 20, 2009
648 posts
261 upvotes
I do not recommend this cable. The USB C adapter part has a contact issue and after a couple of month it stopped working.
Jun 28, 2018
13 posts
How'd you get the promo code?

Nvm it's in promo section. Thanks!
[OP]
Oct 12, 2012
507 posts
462 upvotes
LawEightSix wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 11:56 pm
Thanks op! Every time I think I have enough usb c cables I find I need one somewhere.
Can't go wrong for $4.25 each. Also helps that they're microUSB too!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1795 posts
1500 upvotes
Montreal
Beware Sneaky Amazon:

I just clicked to check if the price was still available and if the promotional code was still working.

I was wondering why I was getting 0$ shipping so I clicked "Place my order" thinking I could cancel when selecting my payment method.

Nope, the order was placed, I got enrolled in a one month Prime trial and the money was deducted from my balance due to a previous promotional credit. "Welcome to Amazon Prime, your order is on its way! You don't need another confirmation step! Consider it done!"

I had to call and cancel...

Amazon... :rolleyes:

But yep, still available and the promotional code still works.
[OP]
Oct 12, 2012
507 posts
462 upvotes
Temporel wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 3:13 pm
Beware Sneaky Amazon:

I just clicked to check if the price was still available and if the promotional code was still working.

I was wondering why I was getting 0$ shipping so I clicked "Place my order" thinking I could cancel when selecting my payment method.

Nope, the order was placed, I got enrolled in a one month Prime trial and the money was deducted from my balance due to a previous promotional credit. "Welcome to Amazon Prime, your order is on its way! You don't need another confirmation step! Consider it done!"

I had to call and cancel...

Amazon... :rolleyes:

But yep, still available and the promotional code still works.
You probably clicked ‘Accept’ on their free 1 month trial for free shipping. It shows up during checkout for anyone who hasn’t done the trial.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1795 posts
1500 upvotes
Montreal
cursayer wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 6:53 pm
You probably clicked ‘Accept’ on their free 1 month trial for free shipping. It shows up during checkout for anyone who hasn’t done the trial.
Nope, the Free delivery was pre-selected for me so when I clicked "Place my order" everything was cooked since I already had a positive balance in my account from a previous promotion.

Admiral-Ackbar-Its-A-Trap.jpg
[OP]
Oct 12, 2012
507 posts
462 upvotes
Temporel wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 7:49 pm
Nope, the Free delivery was pre-selected for me so when I clicked "Place my order" everything was cooked since I already had a positive balance in my account from a previous promotion.

Admiral-Ackbar-Its-A-Trap.jpg
Highly doubt that they would not disclose that they're signing you up for a free Prime trial, but ok. I've seen the exact situation that you went through. They specifically outline that you're signing up for a free trial by accepting the free shipping.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13510 posts
2245 upvotes
You clicked a button that said "Place my order". Sounds pretty final to me.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1795 posts
1500 upvotes
Montreal
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 9:02 pm
You clicked a button that said "Place my order". Sounds pretty final to me.

Wouldn't you expect to be able to select a method of payment before things get final?