Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Citizen Men's AT2121-50E - Pertfect for Dad

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2015 1:14 pm
40 replies
Oct 12, 2014
287 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So tempted... Do Citizen watches go on sale much?
Nov 5, 2012
156 posts
98 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Great for my dad if he was blind.

I kid, I kid
Banned
Dec 18, 2011
3995 posts
977 upvotes
Mississauga
Even if this was the MSRP, the markup would still be over 50%. If you want a timepiece in this day and age, either get a digital work watch, or a nice automatic watch.

Quartz without sapphire crystal, solar or not, is meh.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1480 posts
764 upvotes
GVR
LeDealBuster wrote: So tempted... Do Citizen watches go on sale much?
yup. they go on sale for most models. Well this is a good deal, less $200, free shipping, Eco-Drive, has the Citizen name and you can return it if you dont like.. :)
Sep 4, 2011
158 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
nuccam4nn wrote: Mechanical is the way to go.
Of course, I'd take Swiss watches over this anytime. But sub $200 mechanical watches have horrible movements. A proper mechanical watch needs to be tuned every few years. So the cost of ownership is beyond the sticker price.

For cheaper watches, quartz is the one for me.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ShyGrizzly wrote: Of course, I'd take Swiss watches over this anytime. But sub $200 mechanical watches have horrible movements. A proper mechanical watch needs to be tuned every few years. So the cost of ownership is beyond the sticker price.

For cheaper watches, quartz is the one for me.
+1, although I've bought a couple of Invictas, for a little over $100 each, with the NH35A movement that have proven to be very reliable and accurate. But there's a time and place for quartz. The Citizen posted here is a good deal for an office watch. Just wish it had the perpetual calendar.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Naruko wrote: Great for my dad if he was blind.

I kid, I kid
What are you talking about? This watch is not bad-looking.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Especially if you like being late or early for thing.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1166 posts
478 upvotes
Turbanville
Thanks OP,nice watch , Tempted..do those tiny hand function needed in real use? I have on my invicta but never needed to use. Do any RFDers knows real use of it?
"Beer"
The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!!
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10544 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
email2patel wrote: do those tiny hand function needed in real use? I have on my invicta but never needed to use. Do any RFDers knows real use of it?
They can be useful if you need to time something. It's a timer. The right circle is a 24hour hand if you have trouble converting 12hour clock to a 24hour clock lol. Otherwise, its not necessary but could come in handy.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Rogido wrote: +1, although I've bought a couple of Invictas, for a little over $100 each, with the NH35A movement that have proven to be very reliable and accurate. But there's a time and place for quartz. The Citizen posted here is a good deal for an office watch. Just wish it had the perpetual calendar.
Orient Japanese movements are very accurate. Better than Seiko or most entry, mid level swiss. Give them a try, bambino, mako, Ray, esteem etc.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5116 posts
984 upvotes
T.
Only for WIS and semi WIS that appreciate them.

Many people still prefer the grab and go convenience of quartz watches.

At this price point we are dealig with the latter.
[QUOTE]I know you are, but what am I.... ;) [/QUOTE]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5116 posts
984 upvotes
T.
weedb0y wrote: Orient Japanese movements are very accurate. Better than Seiko or most entry, mid level swiss. Give them a try, bambino, mako, Ray, esteem etc.
Debateable.

Id take a classic Seiko dive watch over an orient everyday of the week.
[QUOTE]I know you are, but what am I.... ;) [/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
The price is decent for a basic dress watch. I've had my current Eco- Drive Skyhawk stop working after owning it for about 9 years (the cell is claimed to last up to 25 years). Cost to replace the cell and tune up the watch = $142 (incl shipping and taxes). I could literally just buy another watch at that cost with warranty. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do just yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)