Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] CLIF Energy Bar,12 Count - $9.94 or 9.44 with Sub & Save.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2018 5:07 pm
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
168 posts
99 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] CLIF Energy Bar,12 Count - $9.94 or 9.44 with Sub & Save.

All flavours are on sale. I bought 5 boxes the last time this deal was posted (by lcmt). Comes to 83 cents/bar without subscribe and save (I've never used S&S, but if you do that's another 15% off).
25 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1007 posts
252 upvotes
Calgary
Ordered 5 with S&S for $8.45/box (including 15% S&S discount). Thanks OP!
Aug 4, 2005
72 posts
2 upvotes
I've never used Subscribe and save before and want to try it. Do S&S orders work with ebates?

Also It says I have to wait until January 12th before they will ship. What if the price goes up before then?
Aug 25, 2008
457 posts
312 upvotes
@amdhehe Hey, thanks for asking those questions as I just assumed that both would be fine. However, you got me thinking so I chatted with an Amazon rep who told me that if the price increases before my S&S order ships, I'd be charged the new, higher price. It also appears that you cannot use ebates on a recurring purchase (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I cancelled my S&S and just bought four at the slightly higher, non S&S, price.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
2928 posts
486 upvotes
Painman wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 5:58 pm
@amdhehe Hey, thanks for asking those questions as I just assumed that both would be fine. However, you got me thinking so I chatted with an Amazon rep who told me that if the price increases before my S&S order ships, I'd be charged the new, higher price. It also appears that you cannot use ebates on a recurring purchase (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I cancelled my S&S and just bought four at the slightly higher, non S&S, price.
Was wondering the same, at ~10 bucks it's a good deal and was hoping to get a locked in price for S&S. But it makes sense the price will change otherwise everyone would lock on when an item goes on sale.
Aug 25, 2008
457 posts
312 upvotes
You'd think that they'd honor the sale price for the first S&S shipment and then alter the price based on current website price on subsequent shipments. But, for whatever reason, they won't. Which really begs the question, why even offer S&S on a sale?
May 14, 2007
254 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver
is this cheaper per bar than when Costco goes on sale>?
Jul 8, 2009
968 posts
334 upvotes
Newmarket
What flavors do you guys recommend? Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4862 posts
5153 upvotes
The price for the first delivery is guaranteed UNLESS you change the S&S setting (such as delivery date, quantities, etc ...). Once you submit the S&S order, you will see the order shows up under order history. Whatever amount you see from the order, you will be charged the same amount. However, if you change S&S setting, the order will be regenerated, as the result, the price will reflect the current price plus validating the existing of the coupon, promotion, etc ... If the price changes or the coupon/promotion has expired at the same time you change the S&S setting, then you will be in trouble and you will be charged at a higher price even from the first delivery. So as long as you place the S&S order and don't change anything from the S&S setting until you receive the item, then you won't get any surprise charges.

According to ebates, there is no cash rebate from S&S subscriptions (Cash Back is not available on Kindle devices, Gift Cards and Amazon Subscriptions)
amdhehe wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 5:10 pm
I've never used Subscribe and save before and want to try it. Do S&S orders work with ebates?

Also It says I have to wait until January 12th before they will ship. What if the price goes up before then?
Painman wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 5:58 pm
JonSnow wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 7:23 pm
Was wondering the same, at ~10 bucks it's a good deal and was hoping to get a locked in price for S&S. But it makes sense the price will change otherwise everyone would lock on when an item goes on sale.
Dec 25, 2004
639 posts
42 upvotes
Actually I think the price is the price the day it ships. Pretty sure you’re wrong despite the caps.
Dec 14, 2018
30 posts
1 upvote
I don't work out or anything, but was wondering would this be a good snack alternative for broke ass student (Nutritional wise)?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4862 posts
5153 upvotes
The price for first delivery is the price when you place the order or the price at the time when you made last S&S setting adjustment. Whatever you see the amount from the order, you will be charged the same amount. Amazon cannot change the price from your order. However, if you made any changes from the S&S setting, a new order will be created.

For the subsequent shipment, the order will be created (from 3 days to a week) before the cutoff time, then the price will be fixed once the order is created. The price is never determined on the shipment day.
Toronto Gamblers wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 12:26 am
Actually I think the price is the price the day it ships. Pretty sure you’re wrong despite the caps.
Last edited by lcmt on Dec 30th, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 14, 2015
18 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I think I just saw these at a Walmart for the same price. Whenever amazon has a low price, they're usually only matching somewhere else.