Amazon.ca concept of Boxing Day deals

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2018 2:55 am
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
it doesn't really make sense for amazon to have 'boxing day' sales. i mean, do you really think they are worried about overstock stopping new items from going on display? that's not something they will ever have to worry about. I suspect they make enough money the rest of the year by having better prices year round, they aren't too concerned about it, and there's certainly no reason they need to take a loss on items to get rid of them, or to get customers in the doors (starting to see why amazon wouldn't do boxing day yet?)

as others have said, you can be disappointed, but it's not like amazon HAS to have sales. if anything, i'd be more annoyed that everybody else's 'boxing day' prices only match amazon's everyday prices...

this year i bought 3 items from best buy(2 claiming well over 50% off, the 3rd was 40% off), and today the 2 that were available on amazon were the same price.

for better or worse, their prices will fluctuate a lot more. you can look at it as being a bit frustrating, especially if you missed out at a lower price. but realistically, if i produce is bouncing around between 200 and 220 on amazon, it means that a normal retailer would probably have it at 220 and not reduce prices when they can.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)