[Amazon.ca] [CPU COOLER AIO] DEEPCOOL CASTLE 240 RGB 96$ NO TAX

lightning deal 10% claim as of post
I have spoken
27 replies
Feb 14, 2010
820 posts
236 upvotes
Oshawa
I went with a Noctua air cooler. I read horror stories of liquid coolers leaking and damaging motherboards and expensive GPUs. Only way I would go liquid cooling is if my case didn't have room for a big air cooler.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7048 posts
1398 upvotes
Mont-Royal
is this as quiet as noctua dh-10?

for me, rgb is really not important, but silence is the key.

amd i wonder if it requires maintenance.

might return my noctua if yes
Last edited by L4cky on Dec 8th, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Aug 12, 2010
569 posts
138 upvotes
I have the Castle 360 RGB and it works well. If you are looking for just functionality then an air cooler is fine. For functionality and good looks these are nice and quiet. I rarely go over 55C in any situation including stress testing or gaming.
Last edited by weaser999 on Dec 8th, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sep 26, 2018
459 posts
931 upvotes
L4cky wrote: is this as quiet as noctua?

not sure which one you're referring to and I'm going to assume the DH15 in which case no the Air coolers on that level like the Dark Rock Pro 4 would be quieter than AIO's in general
I have spoken
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5145 posts
574 upvotes
L4cky wrote: is this as quiet as noctua?

I have the captain 240 and I'd say it's pretty much silent. Some people would are more 'sensitive' may swap the deepcool rad fans for nocturas.

Also I'm not sure what setup you run for your video card, but if you're not water blocking that, once your gpu runs at higher temp, it won't be the CPU rad fan sound you will hear.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7048 posts
1398 upvotes
Mont-Royal
almasyseifer wrote: not sure which one you're referring to and I'm going to assume the DH15 in which case no the Air coolers on that level like the Dark Rock Pro 4 would be quieter than AIO's in general
ya dh-15 sorry my bad, do you think there will be a difference, audible? I put the computer in my sleeping room.. the rgb will be a distraction for sure, but I wouldn't want to hear a noise when i sleep
TruE SkiLLS wrote: I have the captain 240 and I'd say it's pretty much silent. Some people would are more 'sensitive' may swap the deepcool rad fans for nocturas.

Also I'm not sure what setup you run for your video card, but if you're not water blocking that, once your gpu runs at higher temp, it won't be the CPU rad fan sound you will hear.
My new build has a x570 tuf gaming, and before even trying to install it, I unplug the fan so it won't turn. my video card, doesn'T make any noise, i have chosen the most quiet one.

my current pc has a fanless passive cpu cooler (that thing is huge) NoFan CR-95C , with a power supply which fans won't spin if low loads. The only thing that makes noise is my hard drive (and I find it loud).

But right now, I am looking to buy a cooler with a new build:

- Asus tuf gaming x750
- 3900x ryzen

I will never overclock, I really would like it to be as quiet as possible. But noctua dh15 is huge, so I thought maybe this could be a good option, but I am not sure how it would be if this stays in my bedroom and im sleeping like 2 meters away from it.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
[OP]
Sep 26, 2018
459 posts
931 upvotes
L4cky wrote: ya dh-15 sorry my bad, do you think there will be a difference, audible? I put the computer in my sleeping room.. the rgb will be a distraction for sure, but I wouldn't want to hear a noise when i sleep
I mean not much difference but your cooler is already quieter than this AIO so if you can't bear the thought of something slightly louder, then keep your cooler. Also unless you plan on launching multiple graphic intensive projects/tasks overnight while you're sleeping, your cpu should be on idle and not trigger any loud fan curves during your sleep.
I have spoken
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5145 posts
574 upvotes
L4cky wrote: I will never overclock, I really would like it to be as quiet as possible. But noctua dh15 is huge, so I thought maybe this could be a good option, but I am not sure how it would be if this stays in my bedroom and im sleeping like 2 meters away from it.
So you're basically trying to silence your computer when you're sleeping? If you're not doing any sort of load/processing while you sleep, why not just turn the computer off?

Hdd sound is easy to fix, just get more ssds.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7048 posts
1398 upvotes
Mont-Royal
almasyseifer wrote: I mean not much difference but your cooler is already quieter than this AIO so if you can't bear the thought of something slightly louder, then keep your cooler. Also unless you plan on launching multiple graphic intensive projects/tasks overnight while you're sleeping, your cpu should be on idle and not trigger any loud fan curves during your sleep.
I actually havent installed the noctua cooler yet. i also have a corsair water cooling that is doing nothing. your fan cooler looks really nice because it saves so much space inside the case. I feel with a noctua, I keep hurting myself when there is a ram changes, or vga.
TruE SkiLLS wrote: So you're basically trying to silence your computer when you're sleeping? If you're not doing any sort of load/processing while you sleep, why not just turn the computer off?

Hdd sound is easy to fix, just get more ssds.
yeah i have tons of ssds already haha
- Training 101
Mar 6, 2019
97 posts
126 upvotes
nivek_k2020 wrote: I went with a Noctua air cooler. I read horror stories of liquid coolers leaking and damaging motherboards and expensive GPUs. Only way I would go liquid cooling is if my case didn't have room for a big air cooler.
Deepcool is very good with their RMA process, and covering damage done by faulty AIOs. That should be the deciding factor when choosing with company you are getting your AIO from, as the majority are manufactured by Asetek and rebranded. Deepcool fits the bill there, with many happy stories to go along with the leaking horror stories.

Of course air cooling will always be safer than an AIO, but just remember people are much more likely to post their negative experiences online as opposed to positive ones. The pump is more likely to go out than a leak occurring, but air cooling is the way to go for peace of mind.
Aug 25, 2006
99 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough
I have a corsair H100 in a push pull config, I know the aio is old but is it worth upgrading to the deepcool? I only want it for the RBG on the pump/block but I don't want to sacrifice the cooling performance if it's worst then Corsair. Currently I"m 36c/56c on a 3800x 4.2 1.225v overclock.
Mar 15, 2019
252 posts
236 upvotes
Had this before, also owned H90 and older Gen H100, all for my OCed 8700k.
Conclusion : none of the above beats Noctua D15.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7048 posts
1398 upvotes
Mont-Royal
GammaRayFort wrote: Had this before, also owned H90 and older Gen H100, all for my OCed 8700k.
Conclusion : none of the above beats Noctua D15.
in terms of performance right? what about in terms of noise level?
- Training 101
Mar 15, 2019
252 posts
236 upvotes
L4cky wrote: in terms of performance right? what about in terms of noise level?
Yes in terms of performance.

Noise wise, Corsair H100 fans were much louder than H90 because the higher rpm.
D15 is actually quiet because you can just use one fan and it does not have a pump.

If I remember correctly, DEEPCOOL AIOs have 3pin connector for the pump, meaning they are NOT PWM, only the fans are. I have to adjust DC curve for the pump.

(I also had Rosewill PB240 for a while, also meh.)