[Amazon.ca] [CPU COOLER AIO] DEEPCOOL CASTLE 240 RGB 96$ NO TAX

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2019 6:20 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7085 posts
1435 upvotes
Mont-Royal
GammaRayFort wrote: Yes in terms of performance.

Noise wise, Corsair H100 fans were much louder than H90 because the higher rpm.
D15 is actually quiet because you can just use one fan and it does not have a pump.

If I remember correctly, DEEPCOOL AIOs have 3pin connector for the pump, meaning they are NOT PWM, only the fans are. I have to adjust DC curve for the pump.

(I also had Rosewill PB240 for a while, also meh.)
what about nh15 vs DEEPCOOL CASTLE 240 ? in terms of noise
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2055 posts
1583 upvotes
Vancouver
nivek_k2020 wrote: I went with a Noctua air cooler. I read horror stories of liquid coolers leaking and damaging motherboards and expensive GPUs. Only way I would go liquid cooling is if my case didn't have room for a big air cooler.
I have never understood that fear. Myself and everyone I know run AIO's and I have never heard of a single issue. I have a H100iGTX going on 6 years. H70 going on 8 years, and a Castle V2 going on about 8 months.

I have friends running pretty much every AIO brand some like me 6 years + without anyone ever having an issue. You really have to do something **** up to cause these to leak.

As for the volume, my Castle V2 is dead silent, or very close to it in a P350x - makes my office creepy quiet, had to get an air purifier for white noise.

It is doing a very good job running my i9-9900kf at 5ghz. Idle temps at at my cores are 32c~
Mar 15, 2019
287 posts
283 upvotes
L4cky wrote: what about nh15 vs DEEPCOOL CASTLE 240 ? in terms of noise
People buy DEEPCOOLs are for the RGB lighting, if you don't need the it, get D15 or Dark Rock 4 Pro (79.99 @CC). These single fan air coolers are quieter than AIOs because AIOs have two fans and a pump, plus occasionally water bubble sound.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7085 posts
1435 upvotes
Mont-Royal
GammaRayFort wrote: People buy DEEPCOOLs are for the RGB lighting, if you don't need the it, get D15 or Dark Rock 4 Pro (79.99 @CC). These single fan air coolers are quieter than AIOs because AIOs have two fans and a pump, plus occasionally water bubble sound.
Dark Rock 4 Pro is like 30$ cheaper than NH15, is there a reason?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Mar 15, 2019
287 posts
283 upvotes
L4cky wrote: Dark Rock 4 Pro is like 30$ cheaper than NH15, is there a reason?
I got my duo-fan version D15 for 99.99 @newegg, or 109.

D15 is the king, you pay big bucks for the king. What kind of CPU you have?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7085 posts
1435 upvotes
Mont-Royal
GammaRayFort wrote: I got my duo-fan version D15 for 99.99 @newegg, or 109.

D15 is the king, you pay big bucks for the king. What kind of CPU you have?
3900x but i dont plan to overclock
- Training 101
Mar 15, 2019
287 posts
283 upvotes
L4cky wrote: 3900x but i dont plan to overclock
I use D15 for undelidded 8700K @5.0G, to keep it below 90C.

Even Dark Rock 4 is overkill for 3900K.

You should put your money towards a quieter/smaller CPU and RGB strip like Corsair Lighting Node Pro, if you have transparent case panels.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3239 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
L4cky wrote: Dark Rock 4 Pro is like 30$ cheaper than NH15, is there a reason?
The one he's talking about is $30 off, but it's only the Threadripper variant. My disappointment is immeasurable. Been waiting for a DRP4 sale.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7085 posts
1435 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Zyphur wrote: The one he's talking about is $30 off, but it's only the Threadripper variant. My disappointment is immeasurable. Been waiting for a DRP4 sale.
what does the Threadripper variant do less?
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3239 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
L4cky wrote: what does the Threadripper variant do less?
It's probably the exact same except you know, it only works on the TR4 (Threadripper) platform, which most people won't have lol.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7085 posts
1435 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Zyphur wrote: It's probably the exact same except you know, it only works on the TR4 (Threadripper) platform, which most people won't have lol.
oh i see, I didn't know TR4 is a kinda of CPU, I thought it was the same as am4, but it's not. am4 is 3900x if I recall correctly.
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5176 posts
600 upvotes
The problem with the noctua is that it's big AF. Most people who want to build smaller form factor (like itx) will not be able to put that in the case.

AIO cooler has a smaller headspace/height so it contributes when making a decision. If anything, the bigger the fans and heat sink, the more quiet it'd turn out to be. That's why people wants to run 140mm fans vs 120mm/smaller