• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 9:42 pm
[OP]
Oct 16, 2013
42 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] Darksiders III Pre-Order $60 CAD

Amazon Canada currently has Darksiders III pre-orders up for $59.99, ($53.99 with Prime).

Apologies if this ends up being MSRP, but it's the only Canadian retailer listing I see at present - and GameStop USA, Best Buy USA, and Amazon USA currently have it listed at $59.99 USD.

Given the above, and the series' AAA history, there's no reason not to believe that this would probably be a standard $79.99 CAD title.

PS4: https://www.amazon.ca/nordic-games-2099 ... rksiders+3

XB1: https://www.amazon.ca/nordic-games-2100 ... rksiders+3
35 replies
Oct 19, 2011
178 posts
169 upvotes
I wonder how much of Vigil Games is actually left at the new company. This game could really go either way. Doesn't hurt to do a no-risk pre-order, of course...
Feb 17, 2017
40 posts
15 upvotes
The game looks pretty slick, the other 2 were pretty good. But with the history on this one, unless there is a half-decent CE, I'll wait for the "ultimate" version (probably on PC too!)
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11712 posts
2550 upvotes
Montreal
I thought the company shut down, and if so, this smells like a "Sacred 3-level fiasco" where they transfer the IP to push out a quick-buck turd.

I wouldn't PO this thing for $30.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5267 posts
1707 upvotes
Toronto
This game is not not even made by the same developers as the first 2 games and the gameplay footage released so far looks kind of outdated for a 2018 release. It barely looks better than the last game game that came out in 2012. Take a look for yourself before you preorder.

If you can wait a bit this is almost certainly going to be a game that's 50% off within a month or two after launch.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2413 posts
373 upvotes
There's never any justification for pre-ordering. All it does is ensures that the gaming industry continues to flush itself down the toilet as developers pump out an endless stream of gawd-awful games. Stop forking over your money in anticipation of a game. Let it come out, judge it and then decide if it's worth the money.
Dec 18, 2003
495 posts
94 upvotes
Really enjoyed the first 2. Allthough they were a little too long. Ill get it from CDKeys for $30 soon.
[OP]
Oct 16, 2013
42 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
txenglan wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 3:35 pm
There's never any justification for pre-ordering. All it does is ensures that the gaming industry continues to flush itself down the toilet as developers pump out an endless stream of gawd-awful games. Stop forking over your money in anticipation of a game. Let it come out, judge it and then decide if it's worth the money.
Sorry, some of us just aren't losing sleep over the logistics of pre-ordering a game at a discount now and then. There's always time to cancel, there's always the potential to return. I'm a pretty mature adult, I have a really good grasp on whether or not I'm spending my money wisely without anybody else's opinion on when I should or should not be committing spending it.

Thanks for lookin' out though...
Dec 23, 2010
450 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
3?!?! There's a Darksiders III? I mean i know the vision was incomplete but I swore the studio got shut down. Cool. I'll definitely see ya'll in a year or two when i can get it for $20 like I did the previous ones.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2863 posts
936 upvotes
txenglan wrote:
Games are $39-$49 if you pre-ordered from Amazon during E3 week. Just got South Park for$49 and GT Sports for $39 this week.
Dec 20, 2016
35 posts
33 upvotes
Saskatoon
txenglan wrote:
I just got South Park: The Fractured But Whole, a game that's $79.99 on shelf right now, for $36.72 because of when I pre-ordered it. I'd call that a justification.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2413 posts
373 upvotes
parzival wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 3:59 pm
Sorry, some of us just aren't losing sleep over the logistics of pre-ordering a game at a discount now and then. There's always time to cancel, there's always the potential to return. I'm a pretty mature adult, I have a really good grasp on whether or not I'm spending my money wisely without anybody else's opinion on when I should or should not be committing spending it.

Thanks for lookin' out though...
You're completely missing my point. It's not about you and it's not about me. It's the entire gaming community that suffers when people keep throwing their money at developers (or rather, their corporate pimps) before games have been released, thus becoming subject to actual judgement of value. The No Man's Sky debacle should have been enough for "mature adults" (your words) to learn from their gullible mistakes but this problem is getting ever worse. You can spend your money on whatever you want - I'm not suggesting you can't. I'm simply stating that if the game turns out to be a dud, you've contributed to ensuring that developers/corporate entities believe that they can get away with greedy, dishonest behavior. Make them work for your money.
Last edited by txenglan on Oct 20th, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2009
408 posts
95 upvotes
Skizza306 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 5:17 pm
I just got South Park: The Fractured But Whole, a game that's $79.99 on shelf right now, for $36.72 because of when I pre-ordered it. I'd call that a justification.
How'd you swing that?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1583 posts
169 upvotes
txenglan wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 5:23 pm
You're completely missed my point. It's not about you and it's not about me. It's the entire gaming community that suffers when people keep throwing their money at developers (or rather, their corporate pimps) before games have been released, thus becoming subject to actual judgement of value. The No Man's Sky debacle should have been enough for "mature adults" (your words) to learn from their gullible mistakes but this problem is getting ever worse. You can spend your money on whatever you want - I'm not suggesting you can't. I'm simply stating that if the game turns out to be a dud, you've contributed to ensuring that developers/corporate entities believe that they can get away with greedy, dishonest behavior. Make them work for your money.
You are completely missing the point. Yes, preordering at full price is really stupid. No, preordering at 20 or more percent off definitely is not, especially if you do it from Best Buy with free returns - zero risk, all reward. Basically if the reviews come out on the release day and say it's a dud, you don't open the box.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1583 posts
169 upvotes
KIDAVENGER wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 5:26 pm
How'd you swing that?
probably got 20% prime discount stacked on top of the $50 which was the E3 preorder price. It worked for a very short window of time for some folks. Not for me sadly.