Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Darksiders III Pre-Order $60 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 9:42 pm
Oct 16, 2013
88 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
txenglan wrote: You're completely missing my point.
No, rest assured I caught your point completely, But I still don’t buy into your assessment of every consumer as a gullible idiot throwing money at the corporate machine. You’re spewing some pretty heavy cynicism.

The funny thing is that on the whole, I actually agree with you (to a lesser extreme), I just think it’s kind of a silly place to start proselytizing about it.

It’s kind of like walking into a McDonalds and going on a rant about obesity. Is it a problem? Sure it is. Does that make you you any less of a nuissance? Not really.

Publishers use slimy tactics to sell more games? No kidding. Sometimes games suck? You don’t say! Am I part of the problem? Nope, somehow I’ve been blessed with the divine power to decide what I want or don’t want to play at release, and adjust my purchases accordingly.

So kindly refrain from implying my thread is a bastion of ignorance and gullibility.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
parzival wrote: No, rest assured I caught your point completely, But I still don’t buy into your assessment of every consumer as a gullible idiot throwing money at the corporate machine. You’re spewing some pretty heavy cynicism.

The funny thing is that on the whole, I actually agree with you (to a lesser extreme), I just think it’s kind of a silly place to start proselytizing about it.

It’s kind of like walking into a McDonalds and going on a rant about obesity. Is it a problem? Sure it is. Does that make you you any less of a nuissance? Not really.

Publishers use slimy tactics to sell more games? No kidding. Sometimes games suck? You don’t say! Am I part of the problem? Nope, somehow I’ve been blessed with the divine power to decide what I want or don’t want to play at release, and adjust my purchases accordingly.

So kindly refrain from implying my thread is a bastion of ignorance and gullibility.
Oh I'd never imply that your thread is a bastion of ignorance and gullibility! Quite the opposite - I'd say it would have to be just positively brimming with discerning gastrophiles of the utmost culinary taste! In fact, I was just privately-proselytizing that I've never seen more delectable quarter-pounders nor fries. No, no....only the most selective folks up in this joint. Some of them are so gangsta that they'll order burgers and fries a week ahead at a time and return them if they turn out to be anything less than gourmet perfection. Anyhow, complete misunderstanding, no doubt and with all the rhetorical questions you asked yourself in that last post, you certainly don't need guilt-inducing obesity-critics and other general nuisances like me in your fast food restau....errrrr.......thread.
Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
XFactor11 wrote: Do not expect Darksiders III to have that high of a budget since if it was an actual relatively popular and successful franchise, THQ would not have gone bankrupt.
Are you implying that Darksiders was the single cause of THQ going under? How absurd.

It was a multitude of reasons but if you want to blame a single thing, blame the 360/PS3 version of the uDraw tablet which they overproduced after the mild success of the Wii version.
Jun 25, 2017
6 posts
toronto
Finally been waiting for this for a long time now Darksiders 3 plus the upcoming God of War this December? Wow!! I'm gonna be busy for sure lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4249 posts
1672 upvotes
Belle River
BrianBRNB wrote: Finally been waiting for this for a long time now Darksiders 3 plus the upcoming God of War this December? Wow!! I'm gonna be busy for sure lol.
I don't follow gaming news as closely as I used to but I did a quick search and didn't see anything about the new God of War coming in December, stuff still just says 2018. Is there some new info out there?
Jun 25, 2017
6 posts
toronto
Oh I did not know that it's early 2018? Before rumor has it that it will come out by December EB games was taking pre-orders for god of war. I looked it up and it says early 2018 release date. I'm kinda disappointed.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
I did not imply if was the sole reason THQ went bankrupt. THQs other high budget IPs were also not popular enough.
Darksiders 2 sold below their breakeven point and they did not recover their development costs. THQ took a loss on developing and marketing Darksiders 2.

https://nowloading.co/p/how-darksiders- ... ic/4262324
RadiantViper wrote: Are you implying that Darksiders was the single cause of THQ going under? How absurd.

It was a multitude of reasons but if you want to blame a single thing, blame the 360/PS3 version of the uDraw tablet which they overproduced after the mild success of the Wii version.
BrianBRNB wrote: Oh I did not know that it's early 2018? Before rumor has it that it will come out by December EB games was taking pre-orders for god of war. I looked it up and it says early 2018 release date. I'm kinda disappointed.
Both Darksiders 3 and God of War are 2018 releases. No firm release dates. The ones on websites are usually just placeholder dates.
Oct 27, 2016
81 posts
98 upvotes
I will throw in a Preorder at discount on this, DS1 was one of my favourite games, basically an M rated Zelda game.

DS3 looks pretty good so far, videos show pre alpha game play so a lot can change by release and make it a lot better.

If anything, I will keep it unopened until reviews and return it if it isn't that good.
Oct 6, 2010
459 posts
288 upvotes
London
XFactor11 wrote: I did not imply if was the sole reason THQ went bankrupt. THQs other high budget IPs were also not popular enough.
Darksiders 2 sold below their breakeven point and they did not recover their development costs. THQ took a loss on developing and marketing Darksiders 2.

https://nowloading.co/p/how-darksiders- ... ic/4262324

Both Darksiders 3 and God of War are 2018 releases. No firm release dates. The ones on websites are usually just placeholder dates.
You kind of did, you said that if Darksiders did well they wouldn't be bankrupt. When it was a number of other issues that contributed.

I doubt one series doing well would be nearly enough to make up for everything else.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
txenglan wrote: There's never any justification for pre-ordering. All it does is ensures that the gaming industry continues to flush itself down the toilet as developers pump out an endless stream of gawd-awful games. Stop forking over your money in anticipation of a game. Let it come out, judge it and then decide if it's worth the money.
I'm guilty of pre-ordering The Witcher 3

Oh and Andromeda, this last one I massively regret
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1282 posts
1147 upvotes
vonblock wrote: I'm guilty of pre-ordering The Witcher 3

Oh and Andromeda, this last one I massively regret
Say that in the Andromeda thread... be careful of the high ambient temperatures
Jun 25, 2017
6 posts
toronto
It is said that it`s for early next year, I was hoping that this december but no, more like somewhere in the first quarter of 2018, I like the game both DS1/ DS2 I even re-played the whole thing when I bought my PS4 and made it my collection the game maybe not of good as the other games like GOW but given the fact that they released a 3rd one means they are trying to evolve and keep the flow flowing.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
BrianBRNB wrote: the fact that they released a 3rd one means they are trying to evolve and keep the flow flowing.
probably more like other fire-sale licenses from bankrupt companies - they'll release just about anything in a game case to get back their IP purchase price.
Jun 25, 2017
6 posts
toronto
probably it might be the case probably not, because overtime there are more great hardware that`s being developed so that they can come up with better game play it`s just need a better story line which is DS1/2 is not that bad, on a personal thought it`s great i like the game and i would buy it.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3470 posts
728 upvotes
GTA
does it have loot boxes?
Jun 25, 2017
6 posts
toronto
I just looked it up and i don`t see anything your best bet would be something more amazon like.