• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2018 12:00 pm
[OP]
Jun 5, 2010
822 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] DC Animated films on sale

I really enjoy the DC animated films that get put out. There's a few I've been waiting on sales for. So it looks like some are out now. There's a lot of older ones that are just the same lower prices, so I haven't posted those.

DCU: Batman and Harley Quinn [Blu-ray] for $11.99
Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition [Blu-ray] for $8.50
The Death of Superman [Blu-ray] for $16.50
Batman: Gotham by Gaslight (BD/ DVD/ UV/ BIL) [Blu-ray] for $11.99
Batman Ninja (BIL/ UV/ DVD/ BD) [Blu-ray] for $11.99
DCU: Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay [Blu-ray] for $11.50
Justice League Dark [Blu-ray] for $7.99
DCU: Reign of the Supermen (BIL/ BD) [Blu-ray] for $25.14 (not yet released)
3 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10659 posts
5836 upvotes
Oil Country
The artwork for Batman Ninja was amazing, but I struggled to get through it. Gaslight was better by comparison. The Death of Superman was okay, but the story's been told way too many times now. At least it was one of the better iterations of it. Batman and Harley Quinn was okay. I was happy to see Kevin Conroy back as Batman, but it was one of the worst Batman animated features he's been a part of. I really liked Justice League Dark, so I hope they make more of those movies. Would love to see more of Etrigan/Jason Blood's back story.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2316 posts
643 upvotes
fudge_u wrote:
Dec 25th, 2018 1:15 am
The artwork for Batman Ninja was amazing, but I struggled to get through it. Gaslight was better by comparison. The Death of Superman was okay, but the story's been told way too many times now. At least it was one of the better iterations of it. Batman and Harley Quinn was okay. I was happy to see Kevin Conroy back as Batman, but it was one of the worst Batman animated features he's been a part of. I really liked Justice League Dark, so I hope they make more of those movies. Would love to see more of Etrigan/Jason Blood's back story.
Gotta agree with most of that.

Batman ninja started off pretty good and engaging and the mix of styles was pretty neat. And...then it slowly deteriorated....where I barely finished it.

I should buy a couple of these to help support the DCU since I always just torrent their content so that I can stream them on my Plex.
Mar 26, 2018
53 posts
55 upvotes
Batman ninja was bonkers! Hurt my head thinking about it, but loved its jam packing all sorts of anime tropes. They really didn’t hold back. I think it’s a strength, but can see how it could turn people off.

DCU animated movies are generally great. Some of the Earlier JL and Batman ones were on point (flashpoint paradox, war, red hood). Great find. Thanks!