Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

(dead deal) was $29.99 - Planet Earth 2 - 4k blu ray

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2018 10:59 am
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] (dead deal) was $29.99 - Planet Earth 2 - 4k blu ray

Price has gone back up to regular. However like most Amazon deals you could see this slip back down randomly. Add it to your cart and save for later, then check your cart every so often and it will notify you if there is a price change.

Note: This only contains 4K UHD blu ray discs

Planet Earth 2 in stunning 4K and HDR for $30.

Planet Earth 2 in regular (but also beautiful) blu-ray for $26.

If you don't have a tv with HDR and sound system don't bother, Netflix 4k will give you a real nice image.. though it is $14 a month.

Personal anecdote:

Years ago when I bought a PS3 and a my HUGE 50 inch plasma screen.. I bought Planet Earth to show it off and help justify spending on this tech to visitors.

Cue in 2017 and I got my Sony 900E 65 incher and an Xbox One S to play 4k blu ray discs and what is on sale, but Planet Earth 2 in 4k.

I have watched it on 4k Netflix and it is beautiful. But 4K streaming is nothing compared to the true sight and sound of a 4k disc on a real nice 4k HR tv :)
Last edited by uklamen on Dec 5th, 2017 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
68 replies
Dec 15, 2014
35 posts
44 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Been waiting for the price to drop. Perfect timing with lowest price ever! awesome! Thanks!
Dec 17, 2014
266 posts
168 upvotes
canuckistanian44 wrote: Frozen planet is $9.99
Also a great series.
Fun fact (I remember seeing it when it aired in March 2012) Alec Baldwin replaced David Attenborough as narrator of the first six episodes. He read the same script but just can't pronounce "glacier" the same way. These Blu-Rays appear to be the original.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
canuckistanian44 wrote: Frozen planet is $9.99
Also a great series.
Oh for sure. Not a 4k disc though, so not quite the same. Im sure upscaled will look pretty good. I already have it so it will be nice to see how well upscaling works.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
Won't you also require a 4K Disk Player?
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2088 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a version that comes with both (BD and 4K)? I thought I had seen it once upon a time but can't find it. Hoping it's also on sale (since the BD version is on for $25.99 as well)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
Have watched in on Netflix in 4K, where I see all my 4k content. Debating getting the discs to see how it looks. Is it that noticeable of a difference?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2011
1749 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
Man... I already have access to this on Netflix.. but I can't pass up this deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1443 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary
pauldryan wrote: Won't you also require a 4K Disk Player?
Correct, this is UHD only, doesn't come with normal Bluray discs.
Dec 28, 2011
351 posts
137 upvotes
TORONTO
Oh man, just bought this from Best Buy for $50 last week. Time to get price match!

Edit: Crap, I'm probably screwed. Best Buy version has 3 discs instead of 2 discs so PM is unlikely.
Oct 25, 2017
303 posts
193 upvotes
EFF3KT wrote: Man... I already have access to this on Netflix.. but I can't pass up this deal.
Same, but apparently this is the best HDR 4k Blu-ray ever made so I ordered as well.

Thanks OP!
Oct 14, 2008
156 posts
31 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. I just ordered this from Best Buy for $50 last week. I was looking for something to get me over Amazon's shipping limit anyway, so I'll just order this and return the Best Buy copy.
Oct 3, 2010
312 posts
247 upvotes
Mississauga
I got this from the US BF deal but this is a great price. There is a noticeable difference between Netflix and the HDR presentation.
Oct 24, 2009
193 posts
177 upvotes
Brighton, Ontario
Alexandero2 wrote: Is there a version that comes with both (BD and 4K)? I thought I had seen it once upon a time but can't find it. Hoping it's also on sale (since the BD version is on for $25.99 as well)
My version includes both, but it is the UK version purchased from Amazon UK. Can't speak to the version being sold by Amazon CA.

This is an amazing price for an amazing series. If you have a 4K TV and a 4K disc player there is no excuse to not jump all over this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)