Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] DEAD New Microsoft Surface Headphones $344.92 (23% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2019 3:16 pm
[OP]
Apr 20, 2018
40 posts
63 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] DEAD New Microsoft Surface Headphones $344.92 (23% off)

This deal must be a price error from Amazon Canada.
1) The headphones are not even released yet in canada, as Microsoft Canada states they will be in stock March 1st.
Price from Microsoft Store Canada: 449,99 CAD
Price from Amazon.com: 339 USD

That price error gives you a crazy 23% off, on premium noise cancelling headphones that are only behind the sony WH100XM3 and the Bose quietcomfort q35 ii in reviews.
Last edited by je190060 on Feb 21st, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
35 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7289 posts
2701 upvotes
MVRD
I wonder how this compares to the PX and H9i.
Last edited by chatbox on Feb 20th, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 6, 2003
908 posts
24 upvotes
Edmonton
Maybe they're hedging their bets after the Linus Tech Tips review Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Other than the clever interface, I would much rather have the Sony or Bose at the suggested MSRP. If the sale price here is legit, that'd make the Surface cans a little more desirable.
Click on these links to see my Heatware evals and my eBay.ca feedback summary.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1337 posts
2252 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Save your money and get some real headphones.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Jul 22, 2014
444 posts
643 upvotes
Calgary, AB
No LDAC, AptX, or AAC! Definitely skipping this first generation.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1388 posts
369 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Decius wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:21 am
Maybe they're hedging their bets after the Linus Tech Tips review Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Other than the clever interface, I would much rather have the Sony or Bose at the suggested MSRP. If the sale price here is legit, that'd make the Surface cans a little more desirable.
damn! I own the Beats and I did't even know it has noise cancelling....
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4072 posts
991 upvotes
Ottawa
I have SP6, its cool, but for this price, I will get Sony xm3 instead
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2045 posts
997 upvotes
Montreal
Clee wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 11:55 am
But at least they suck.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7545 posts
1223 upvotes
Clee wrote:
thats because they suck lol

Beats are garbage with a nice shiny design. They even glue on extra weights inside their headphones to make them "feel" more premium. lol

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-thea ... dd-weight/

edit: on the Surface headphones, those should be $100 to $150 max. It has no business being anywhere near $300, never mind above. Avoid!!!
[OP]
Apr 20, 2018
40 posts
63 upvotes
At full price I'd agree with most of yall that these are nowhere near the Bose or Sony XM3. But the fact they currently have 23% off puts them in a different price bracket, and IMO they are well worth the current price.
It is also stated that upcoming software upgrades will improve the experience.
On a more personal note, I also prefer the design and UI experience of those to the Bose. The bose feel plasticky and cheap, despite their very good technology inside.

If money aint a thang, go with the Sony, they are the king of ANC
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1125 posts
207 upvotes
Clee wrote:
That's ok, their target market only needs to know the Brand. That's all they need to care about.
Zuck: I don't know why.
Zuck: They "trust me"
Zuck: Dumb ****
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Jan 23, 2009
159 posts
42 upvotes
If money IS a thing, and you don't need the absolute king of noise cancellation, AND like a "fun" bass accentuated sound, I would suggest the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2's. Compared to my buddies QC 35 II's the noise cancelling, looks and comfort are all leaps better on the Bose but I love the sound on my Plantronics and they were less than half price ($150 vs 350-450)
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1057 posts
364 upvotes
digidon wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 2:36 pm
If money IS a thing, and you don't need the absolute king of noise cancellation, AND like a "fun" bass accentuated sound, I would suggest the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2's. Compared to my buddies QC 35 II's the noise cancelling, looks and comfort are all leaps better on the Bose but I love the sound on my Plantronics and they were less than half price ($150 vs 350-450)
I tried the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2's and the QC 35 II's at Best Buy and the Plantronics Active Noise Cancelling only works about half as much as the Bose. The fan sounds completely disappear on the Bose whereas you can still hear it on the Plantronics. Also most reviewers do not agree with you that Plantronics ANC or Comfort are leaps better than the Bose.
Feb 8, 2012
553 posts
113 upvotes
VANCOUVER
CantMissADeal wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 3:14 pm
I tried the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2's and the QC 35 II's at Best Buy and the Plantronics Active Noise Cancelling only works about half as much as the Bose. The fan sounds completely disappear on the Bose whereas you can still hear it on the Plantronics. Also most reviewers do not agree with you that Plantronics ANC or Comfort are leaps better than the Bose.
He meant the ANC and comfort are better on the Bose
Jan 21, 2003
256 posts
36 upvotes
Edmonton
Buggy166 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 12:16 pm
thats because they suck lol

Beats are garbage with a nice shiny design. They even glue on extra weights inside their headphones to make them "feel" more premium. lol

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-thea ... dd-weight/
Not a fan of Beats either but this is BS. That teardown was based on Beats knock-offs rather than genuine Beats headphones

https://blog.bolt.io/how-it-s-made-seri ... 4cc6808d18

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)