Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] DEAD New Microsoft Surface Headphones $344.92 (23% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2019 3:16 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7569 posts
1244 upvotes
dakewldude wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 3:43 pm
Not a fan of Beats either but this is BS. That teardown was based on Beats knock-offs rather than genuine Beats headphones

https://blog.bolt.io/how-it-s-made-seri ... 4cc6808d18
good to know, thats for the heads up.

unfortunately, the original beats are just as high quality as the fake ones it seems. They're selling expensive packaging essentially.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2013
1437 posts
599 upvotes
Moncton
Decius wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:21 am
Maybe they're hedging their bets after the Linus Tech Tips review Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Other than the clever interface, I would much rather have the Sony or Bose at the suggested MSRP. If the sale price here is legit, that'd make the Surface cans a little more desirable.
I really would not put too much into this video, unless you want the opinions of casual listeners (maybe that is exactly what you want).
Last edited by KevinC268 on Feb 20th, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2013
1437 posts
599 upvotes
Moncton
digidon wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 2:36 pm
If money IS a thing, and you don't need the absolute king of noise cancellation, AND like a "fun" bass accentuated sound, I would suggest the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2's. Compared to my buddies QC 35 II's the noise cancelling, looks and comfort are all leaps better on the Bose but I love the sound on my Plantronics and they were less than half price ($150 vs 350-450)
Bose sound terrible unless you listen to very simple pop music or maybe some rap. The hardware is very poor somewhat saved by their active eq, but their active eq falls apart as soon as you play anything complex.
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
Why would anyone pay this price for these headphones? Sennheisers are better, Bose's are better.. there's many better options for this price range.. the only selling point of these differentiated high price headphones is that few people will have them besides those that don't shop anywhere else besides the Microsoft Store. That's it.
Last edited by TaurusJudge on Feb 20th, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best deals:
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2013
1437 posts
599 upvotes
Moncton
roggers wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 5:17 pm
$389 all-in for a pair of headphones? Jeeee... since when is RFD full 'o rich kids? Back in the day, we trashed talk on $0.99 DealExtreme earbud deals... b/c you could always take your changes in the freebies section to save that Timmy coin!!!!
99 cent noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones? Why did you even post this?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2013
1437 posts
599 upvotes
Moncton
TaurusJudge wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 5:16 pm
Why would anyone pay this price for these headphones? Sennheisers are better, Bose's are better.. there's many better options for this price range.. the only selling point of these differentiated high price headphones is that few people will have them besides those that don't shop anywhere else besides the Microsoft Store. That's it.
Bose Bluetooth noise cancelling costs around the same, and I wouldnt say the are better sound wise unless you listen to very simple music the Bose active eq can actually handle. My advice is to try them all out yourself with your own music, and at different volumes.
Last edited by KevinC268 on Feb 20th, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 6, 2016
552 posts
488 upvotes
Mahawka wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:29 am
Save your money and get some real headphones.
I'm pretty sure these aren't fake headphones.
Jun 27, 2011
229 posts
198 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
My guts tells me no Microsoft headphone is worth $344
Oct 28, 2012
673 posts
88 upvotes
EDMONTON
after seeing Dolby Dimension headphones, I am definitely waiting for that one to go on sales.
Jan 3, 2005
76 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
I tried these headphones at the Ignite tour , it had a cool design,sound was bass heavy, ANC was decent, lighter and little comfortable but price... I don't know, I wouldn't pay that much for a pair of headphones (even mx3 or Bose).
if it exists ....it is possible!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1234 posts
1390 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TaurusJudge wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 5:16 pm
I haven't listened to or even touched these headphones and I'm pretty sure you haven't either.
ChunkAhoy wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 5:49 pm
My guts tells me no Microsoft headphone is worth $344
Why? Microsoft has made great hardware for decades, especially lately.
Jun 27, 2011
229 posts
198 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
coolwasabi wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 6:24 pm
Why? Microsoft has made great hardware for decades, especially lately.
I think it’s better to stick to audio specific companies when it comes to sound. I dont see Microsoft as a company that must have invested lots of time and resource in developping good sound... i think they’re more the kind of company to have sandwiched a couple of existing cool technologies in a fancy looking package and sell it at a premium price.
Note that this is purely my impression of how Microsoft development is. Thats why i said this is my gutt feeling.
But even then, the more i think of it, the more i think this way.
Sep 13, 2015
814 posts
675 upvotes
Alberta
Linus Tech Tips recently did a shootout between these, Sony, Bose, and Beats. To no surprise the Beats were the worst, followed by these surface ones, and the Sony and Bose were very close. All 4 sell for the approximate same price.
Sep 28, 2010
67 posts
34 upvotes
southern Ontario
Here is a review of the Microsoft Surface Headphones from someone I actually trust and whose opinion I respect: MKBHD