Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

[Deal of the Day] Breville Smart Grinder Pro $180

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 9:25 am
Dec 14, 2006
13 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] [Deal of the Day] Breville Smart Grinder Pro $180

Got a deal alert on this and finally decided to pull the trigger :)
It's the lowest price on Amazon.ca history, around the same price as last year's Amazon.com Black Friday deal.
12 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26013 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
Don't need one, but definitely a good price. This was $30 more during the Breville small appliance sale last week at Best Buy.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2906 posts
1014 upvotes
Toronto
I have this. Generally good. But with freshly roasted beans that are a little greasy, the bean hopper needs a shake.

Way better than the grinder/brewer combo!

I paid a lot more than this...
Mar 26, 2008
71 posts
84 upvotes
Edmonton
I’ve had this for about 3 years now. Ive used it 5-6 times a day since I got it and it’s still works beautifully. My only complaint is that when I switch beans, I have to change the grind setting. I often find that it doesn’t change right away all the time, sometimes I put it on a finer setting and nothing happens, so I have to empty the grinder, then adjust it and then fill it again to see if it’s at the correct level. I’ve had this issue since day one so not a an age related issue. But it still works great I use it in combination with the breville infused espresso machine. Ps if you live in Calgary go hit up the Italian store on south land drive for a great selection of whole been coffee!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4653 posts
1087 upvotes
Toronto
In for 1 for my parents Xmas gift. Thanks OP!

Paid $220 US for mine 3 years ago. Absolutely love it - I use it for espresso every day and my wife uses it weekly for drip coffee loads.
Jun 12, 2017
558 posts
673 upvotes
Montreal (QC)
JonJubeTube wrote: I have this. Generally good. But with freshly roasted beans that are a little greasy, the bean hopper needs a shake.

Way better than the grinder/brewer combo!

I paid a lot more than this...
Exactly. Got it a few years ago for about $300. Still works great. Using it daily.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Apparently (according to several reviews and comments on reviews) if you set the grind extra fine it grinds itself and damages the burr. Has anyone who has this grinder tried this? Any comments on this issue?
Jan 3, 2013
720 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
OakAged wrote: Apparently (according to several reviews and comments on reviews) if you set the grind extra fine it grinds itself and damages the burr. Has anyone who has this grinder tried this? Any comments on this issue?
Watch this
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2329 upvotes
Singapore
How does this compare to the Baratza Encore?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
Sgt_Strider wrote: How does this compare to the Baratza Encore?
I own an Encore. I considered this Breville, but went with the Encore.
From my research, this Breville produces grinds that are slightly more consistent than the Encore (but not as good as a Baratza Virtuoso).
The Encore seems more reliable though, although this could be anecdotal.

The Breville has a Portafilter Cradle which is handy if you have an espresso machine. I make filter and pourover coffee though so it's useless for me. In fact, the Breville's grinds container has a lid that seems fiddly; this was the deal-breaker for me and the main reason why I chose the Encore (which has a straightforward container that empties really easily). I also didn't like this Breville's fancy LCD user interface; it looks cool, but I actually prefer the simple mechnical switches on the Encore.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2329 upvotes
Singapore
coolwasabi wrote: I own an Encore. I considered this Breville, but went with the Encore.
From my research, this Breville is slightly more consistent than the Encore (but not as good as a Baratza Virtuoso).
The Baratza seems more reliable though, although this could be anecdotal...

The Breville has a Portafilter Cradle which is handy if you have an espresso machine. I make filter and pourover coffee though so it's useless for me. In fact, the Breville's grinds container has a lid that seems fiddly; this was the deal-breaker for me and the reason why I chose the Encore (which has a straightforward container that empties really easily).
I guess I can still cancel the order since Amazon haven't shipped it yet. I've been waiting for the Encore to come down in price now. It's almost BF and I don't see any sales. Where can I get it for less than $190?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)