Toronto

Definitive Technology AW 6500 outdoor speakers

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50 percent
Retailer:
Amazon.ca
If anyone is looking for a really good outdoor speaker (sold as a single), these are maybe the best reviewed out there. Amazon.ca has the black color on for 175 each, white are still 369.99 each. Canadian retailers sell for 699 a pair. US stores sell for 249usd each.

Amazon.com has the blacks on sale for 199usd.
Images
  • 41dWGIEnhDL._AC_SY400_.jpg
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5061 posts
1382 upvotes
Dang I would have considered this for my deck, but with the Sonos BT speaker being officially announced in a few days, I'm leaning heavily towards that since hopping on the Sonos train recently. Have $65 Amazon credit too. Hmmmm...

Reviews are quite good. Is one of these decently loud?
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Feb 11, 2019
313 posts
377 upvotes
ON
deezz wrote: Dang I would have considered this for my deck, but with the Sonos BT speaker being officially announced in a few days, I'm leaning heavily towards that since hopping on the Sonos train recently. Have $65 Amazon credit too. Hmmmm...

Reviews are quite good. Is one of these decently loud?
Depends if you have a preexisting amp, in that case could just use Sonos Connect or alternatively they do have the new Sonos Amp (vs older Connect Amp) that recently came out too. IMO not really comparable to a single or even pair of the upcoming Sonos portable speakers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5061 posts
1382 upvotes
overtask wrote: Depends if you have a preexisting amp, in that case could just use Sonos Connect or alternatively they do have the new Sonos Amp (vs older Connect Amp) that recently came out too. IMO not really comparable to a single or even pair of the upcoming Sonos portable speakers.
Yeah no pre-existing amp. I know I could get one at Value Village for cheap, but that requires waiting to actually find one, finding one with the right amp output, finding one that works lol, and a lot of time and effort....etc. If I go the Kijiji route, then I may as well save my money and effort. Given the price of the Sonos Amp and even the Connect...I'd be so much better off just getting the Sonos Move. Yeah I'll be waiting at the very least to see the official announcement and pricing. Hoping for $299 CAD or less :S
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*