Hot Deals

Amazon.ca: DEWALT 20V Brushless Impact Wrench with Hog Ring Anvil DCF899HB (bare tool)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 6:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1492 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto

Amazon.ca: DEWALT 20V Brushless Impact Wrench with Hog Ring Anvil DCF899HB (bare tool)

Deal Link:
Price:
hey all,

for those who are interested in this impact wrench...
ihlcanada is selling at 10 bucks cheaper but oos online
https://www.ihlcanada.com/dewalt-dcf899 ... q%3ddcf899

comparison with Milwaukee 18v Fuel (2763-20) side by side, however, i have heavily invested in dewalt tools line.... so..
anyway enjoy!
20 replies
Jan 15, 2017
50 posts
38 upvotes
that video test is cool but it doesn't really show much other than the dealt isn't operating at an RPM that is as high. Doesn't really show what the max torque is or both. I have heard this thing is extremely powerful, if I needed to spend $270 on a tool for lug nuts I would be all over it
May 19, 2003
305 posts
52 upvotes
tomadams wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 6:05 am
I have heard this thing is extremely powerful, if I needed to spend $270 on a tool for lug nuts I would be all over it
Or, you know, most things on a vehicles suspension or undercarriage.
May 11, 2009
473 posts
121 upvotes
Really want to get this but really don't need it lol.
Jan 28, 2008
26 posts
10 upvotes
Kitchener
I just bought this, used on Kijiji for a good price. What a powerful tool!
Jan 20, 2004
385 posts
56 upvotes
Woodbridge
I have the Milwaukee Fuel Impact Wrench and love it, but this Dewalt seems better since it has 3 speeds vs 2 speed on my Milwaukee, and more importantly the speed switch looks easier to use.
Wearing gloves while working, I often find the speed button hard to press, a minor detail.

I think I paid a similar price at IHLCanada.

Just checked IHLCanada for comparison:

DEWALT DCF899B 20-Volt Max XR Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2 in. Impact Wrench with Detent Pin Anvil (Tool Only) = $249.95
DEWALT DCF899HP2 20-Volt Max XR Brushless High Torque 1/2 in. Impact Wrench Kit with Hog Ring Anvil (2x 5Ah batteries+charger+bag) = $379.00
Milwaukee 2762-20 M18 FUEL 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2 in. High Torque Impact Wrench with Pin Detent (Tool Only) = $249.95

The kit for $379 seems like the best deal if you need battery or charger.
Feb 26, 2008
86 posts
80 upvotes
Surrey
have it but in the brushed version. Have had it for a couple of years now and it is damn powerful. Never any issues. I had lent it out to a friend to undo his stuck on lug nuts. They came off no issues. Compared to my old ingersoll rand cordless impact, the dewalt kills it.

pick it up! you won't regret it.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
3165 posts
225 upvotes
Ottawa
The specs on this DeWalt are quite decent - and the price is excellent for this bare tool. If you don't have a compressor and air tools, this is a very good option. I've had overtorqued bolts before (thank you, Costco...) and let's just say that there are times when it's useful to have the kind of power that this tool can deliver.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1431 posts
462 upvotes
Ottawa
CaptSmethwick wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 6:21 am
The specs on this DeWalt are quite decent...
More than decent. This thing is a beast at 700 ft-lbs of max torque.
"Doing my part to encourage civil discourse by not downvoting."
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
3165 posts
225 upvotes
Ottawa
sandav wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 7:16 am
More than decent. This thing is a beast at 700 ft-lbs of max torque.
Yeah - it's a good tool and the hog ring is a good feature. I hope that the plastic casing is up to the types of jobs that the specs are suited for tackling.
Aug 12, 2010
210 posts
35 upvotes
NCR - RCN
I have it, and it works very vell.

It is powerful, and ripping off a nut head could be easily done. I would NOT use this to remove/fasten 'tuner/chrome' wheel lug nuts. Cheap OEM steel ones? sure :)

If someone is in Kanata and want to have a handle, I can arrange for a meet with the tool at the Standard Auto Wreckers junk yard :)

My number 2 tool when I junk yard hunt for parts!

Also note: the bare tool (that I got anyways) was made in the USA, not China... if that matters for purchasing conundrums.
Total $ spent because of RFD... $15,277.42
Total $ saved because of RFD... $7471.93

Not paying 'retail' for anything: Priceless