Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] DEWALT DCK299M2 20V MAX XR Lithium Ion Brushless Premium Hammer Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit $274

Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4565 posts
2890 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I received mine today. I'm not allowed to open it till Christmas. Sad Dad right here :(
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5903 posts
1847 upvotes
GTA
--StayFly-- wrote:
Dec 7th, 2016 6:52 pm
Looking to buy this to switch over my tires is this a better deal?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00OKGAJB ... EEQB&psc=1
I use a lead pipe and the socket with supplied with the car and then i hand tighten with socket and torque it.

Plus the bosch set i dont think its brushless, if you want cheap there is a dewalt one for less than $200 (people got it from lowes for even cheaper a week or so ago)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1394 posts
598 upvotes
EDMONTON
Got mine today. Hammer drill is heavier than I expected. Both seem high quality. Don't need the impact driver as I already have one but figured I could flip the impact and a 4ah battery for about half the price of the kit and be done with it and happy
Jan 14, 2010
242 posts
95 upvotes
Is Milwaukee better than Dewalt for a hammer drill? I was seeing if Amazon would honour this pricing, but if Milwaukee is indeed better, I'll forget about it. He's a contractor, so good tools are a must.

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5903 posts
1847 upvotes
GTA
QTsmum wrote:
Dec 10th, 2016 3:08 pm
Is Milwaukee better than Dewalt for a hammer drill? I was seeing if Amazon would honour this pricing, but if Milwaukee is indeed better, I'll forget about it. He's a contractor, so good tools are a must.

Thanks!
Mileaukee f18 fuel is preferred by a lot plus it has a 5 yr warranty.

Milwaukee looks less on paper but performs equally to this kit from dewalt (that has bloated specs).

Milwauke is red, this is yellow.

If both were simlarly pricedi would get mileauke and spend a few bucks more.

Mileaukee impact has self tapping screw setting.

Overall depends on if he has had one brand over the other and prefers it but either would be fine.

I prefer the mileauke myself but this kit is impressive.

(edit) Also hammer drills are somewhat useless. You only need them if you do concrete work, if you do a lot of concrete work then you need a rotary hammer drill. (/edit)
Jan 14, 2010
242 posts
95 upvotes
porksoda wrote:
Dec 10th, 2016 5:29 pm
Mileaukee f18 fuel is preferred by a lot plus it has a 5 yr warranty.

Milwaukee looks less on paper but performs equally to this kit from dewalt (that has bloated specs).

Milwauke is red, this is yellow.

If both were simlarly pricedi would get mileauke and spend a few bucks more.

Mileaukee impact has self tapping screw setting.

Overall depends on if he has had one brand over the other and prefers it but either would be fine.

I prefer the mileauke myself but this kit is impressive.

(edit) Also hammer drills are somewhat useless. You only need them if you do concrete work, if you do a lot of concrete work then you need a rotary hammer drill. (/edit)
Thanks so much. Yeah, he has other Milwaukee tools, so I suppose it makes sense to get the brand where he can continue to interchange the batteries. I'd imagine all brands have different styles of battery plug ins to keep brand loyalty, eh?
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5903 posts
1847 upvotes
GTA
QTsmum wrote:
Dec 11th, 2016 5:29 am
Thanks so much. Yeah, he has other Milwaukee tools, so I suppose it makes sense to get the brand where he can continue to interchange the batteries. I'd imagine all brands have different styles of battery plug ins to keep brand loyalty, eh?
No worries.

Yes, dewalt wont take milwaukee batteries. I would try to get this one for him when it goes on sale or do some rfd magic, i am waiting for the same or this model to go on sale again.

FYI the one i linked has 5.0Ah batteries, believe it or not the higher rate batteries do perform better but 4.0Ah is the min i would get.
Aug 14, 2004
206 posts
100 upvotes
Burnaby
Canadian tire has it for 249 plus 50 promo card
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5903 posts
1847 upvotes
GTA
fable wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 12:22 pm
Canadian tire has it for 249 plus 50 promo card
It's a different set, 2.0Ah batteries. And its just a drill driver and not a hammer drill.