Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

DEWALT DW065E - CDN$ 23.95

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2018 2:51 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1480 posts
764 upvotes
GVR

[Amazon.ca] DEWALT DW065E - CDN$ 23.95

Its a Deal of the Day. It sold out fast this morning. Temporary out of stock but Choose amazon.ca as the seller and will ship when stock comes in.

Lowes.ca has this for $82.99 and home depot has this for $78.85.

For $23.95 its a great deal. Lowest price has been around $50.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new
28 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9051 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
for those that are wondering, this thing is a laser distance measuring tool
Feb 25, 2010
445 posts
455 upvotes
HALIFAX
I bought one of these at a yard sale once and I don't trust it as much as a tape measure, hence I never use it.

Unless you're a real estate agent who needs rough room sizes in an incredible hurry, these are a waste of money.
May 28, 2007
349 posts
328 upvotes
CALGARY
I'm a custom window blinds sales/installer
I would have to cover the cost of any mismeasurement, and I use this ALL THE TIME.

I have a bosch one with 1/16 precision, this dewalt one is 1/8.

Pros:
- It saves SO MUCH time.
- It's easily operated one handed, you won't need a helper even on a ladder.
- In my experience you can trust it to the specified precision.
- accuracy not affect by long measurements
- small and lightweight
- clients are mind blown by my high-tech professionalism

Cons:
- Sometime doesn't work outdoor when it's really bright and you can't see the laser.
- you need steady hands for long distances.
- they have a minimum measurement length, so it won't work if you are trying to measure 2" (you still need to carry your tape measure)
Jan 5, 2007
453 posts
244 upvotes
daveybuoy wrote: I bought one of these at a yard sale once and I don't trust it as much as a tape measure, hence I never use it.

Unless you're a real estate agent who needs rough room sizes in an incredible hurry, these are a waste of money.
Are you sure it is the same one? Maybe it was an ultrasonic one with laser pointer? The laser distance ones should be fairly accurate.

I have a no name one that is pretty impressive for the price. This is cheaper so I bought. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2531 posts
970 upvotes
Vancouver
ordered.... just because....
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5211 posts
2024 upvotes
Never seen any pros on YouTube actually use these. It's always a tape measure.
Let's hug it out
Jan 2, 2017
415 posts
586 upvotes
daveybuoy wrote: I bought one of these at a yard sale once and I don't trust it as much as a tape measure, hence I never use it.

Any reason you don't trust it? Have you tested the distance versus using a tape measure?

It's very useful when preparing for any sort of renovation to know the square footage of the rooms you're wanting to replace the floors in, or square footage of all the walls you want to paint. I measured my entire upstairs (~1200 or so sq. ft.) for floor and wall square footage in about 5 minutes. Using a tape measure would have been a nightmare compared to using a laser measure. Money very well spent.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
I'm planning on some renovations soon and ordered this, but not sure if I'm actually going to use it. I hate you RFD.
Apr 3, 2018
207 posts
152 upvotes

How do you know your tape measure is accurate?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1480 posts
764 upvotes
GVR
RCGA wrote: Never seen any pros on YouTube actually use these. It's always a tape measure.
Im the only guy in the house and sometimes your wife or gf dont want to be ordered around holding the other side of the measuring tape. This will solve that problem.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2531 posts
970 upvotes
Vancouver
silvergate wrote: Im the only guy in the house and sometimes your wife or gf dont want to be ordered around holding the other side of the measuring tape. This will solve that problem.
Problem with these is that you need something to bounce off to get the measurements. So if you are just measuring a plank of wood, you need to have it butted up against a wall.
Tapes are fine, but can often be variability depending how tight the hook is on the end... whether or not you are pushing or pulling the tape.
Anyways, fun tool to have for the price.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
Jan 30, 2010
451 posts
470 upvotes
Mississauga
theposter wrote: How do you know your tape measure is accurate?
He measured it with another tape measure.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
thanks, in for 1
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
I cancelled my order. My tape measure will suffice. Thanks for posting OP.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1748 posts
726 upvotes
Abbotsford
been waiting for one on sale, thanks OP
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
3138 posts
2300 upvotes
Thanks OP. Decided to give it a shot too. I went to the tools bestsellers looking for some filler items and saw this was #2 in that area right now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)