Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1398 posts
447 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Amazon.ca - DHL Brokerage Fee?

I placed an order from Amazon.ca through a 3rd party merchant from the USA. On the order page, there were no taxes and brokerage fees collected. However, they opted to ship using DHL GLOBAL MAIL.

Will I be hit with a brokerage fee?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1110 posts
361 upvotes
London
AsianXL wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 5:44 pm
I placed an order from Amazon.ca through a 3rd party merchant from the USA. On the order page, there were no taxes and brokerage fees collected. However, they opted to ship using DHL GLOBAL MAIL.

Will I be hit with a brokerage fee?
dhl global mail is one of there services were in dhl brings the package to the border and then goes though standard customs clearance same as a usps package would then the package is handed over to canada post for final delivery. if any fees are due it will be the same as a usps package hst plus a 9.95 handling fee.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
7136 posts
4089 upvotes
Edmonton
See this thread:
how-file-complaint-against-amazon-ca-2205684/

Basically, if you bought from Amazon.CA, you shouldn't have to pay anything else. No brokerage fees, not taxes, no duty. That was supposed to be bundled into the checkout cost. If you do get charged, you can duke it out with Amazon to get a refund.

If you bought from Amazon.COM, all bets are off.

C
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2784 posts
2289 upvotes
Vancouver
CNeufeld wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 6:52 pm
See this thread:
how-file-complaint-against-amazon-ca-2205684/

Basically, if you bought from Amazon.CA, you shouldn't have to pay anything else. No brokerage fees, not taxes, no duty. That was supposed to be bundled into the checkout cost. If you do get charged, you can duke it out with Amazon to get a refund.

If you bought from Amazon.COM, all bets are off.

C
+1, but try to settle any disputes with the merchant first, before involving Amazon. See my sig line for details.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
7136 posts
4089 upvotes
Edmonton
Kiraly wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 7:10 pm
+1, but try to settle any disputes with the merchant first, before involving Amazon. See my sig line for details.
Yeah, that’s the first thing amazon will ask. So make sure to keep your chat/message logs. And your receipts for any fees you shelled out for.

C

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)