• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2018 7:56 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1479 posts
82 upvotes
RT Wolf wrote:
May 20th, 2018 11:40 pm
These are high-quality books that don't go on sale much.
Really wish they'd put out an official PDF I could buy, though.
Have you checked out d&d beyond? Not quite the same as a PDF though
Jun 3, 2010
792 posts
190 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Oh...the memories. My rollage was always horrendous whenever it counted. Rolling 1 to throw a flask of oil...only to drop it and set yourself on fire...rolling for damage resulted in a "mostly dead" result. The DM was compassionate and did not kill me off completely. Mainly because that was the first fight of the whole adventure. We met a small group of orcs.

Man....the hours I spent.

Hope all of you who are interested can find a group to have fun with...and create some pretty amazing memories.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
2790 posts
222 upvotes
Brampton
I had no idea D&D was still around. I assumed there was some kind of legal action after the Lord of the Rings resurgence.
I think I still have my stuff from the late 80's somewhere.
Jun 26, 2007
525 posts
261 upvotes
I've played many editions of D&D and 5th is a really good one for beginners or people who really prefer the storytelling and social aspects of the game. Pathfinder is more tactical and complex, so I can see why many seasoned players prefer Pathfinder. But it's mostly a style choice, you can have fun playing any edition as long as you have a good group.

prod wrote:
May 21st, 2018 11:11 pm
I had no idea D&D was still around. I assumed there was some kind of legal action after the Lord of the Rings resurgence.
I think I still have my stuff from the late 80's somewhere.
that would be 2nd edition, they're on 5th edition now. Might as well set fire to your old stuff*.

*I'm kidding of course, but the books they're talking about here are not compatible.
Feb 16, 2007
30 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Doh, I just bought the Dungeon Master's Guide on Friday for $35! Oh well, it's still awesome!
Jun 26, 2008
102 posts
57 upvotes
I mixed this up with the Pinkcherry thread and now I keep yelling "+1 Damage! +1 Damage" during intercourse.....
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6294 posts
2089 upvotes
Canada
I literally tossed 1st edition AD&D books in the dumpster a couple weeks ago .. had no idea what to do with them, but had hoarded them since childhood.
Nov 17, 2003
456 posts
40 upvotes
raspeed wrote:
May 22nd, 2018 11:12 am
I literally tossed 1st edition AD&D books in the dumpster a couple weeks ago .. had no idea what to do with them, but had hoarded them since childhood.
Ouch!! Depending on condition some are worth $$.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6294 posts
2089 upvotes
Canada
I looked at the prices .. and perhaps I should have tried to sell them .. but .. yah, when i finally decided to look it was a bit too late! :)
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2758 posts
83 upvotes
Be careful guys. Just got my 3 books and all of their corners are dinged up pretty good.
"Truth is High, Higher Still is Truthful Living" Guru Nanak
Jun 26, 2007
525 posts
261 upvotes
ashs wrote:
May 22nd, 2018 12:22 pm
Be careful guys. Just got my 3 books and all of their corners are dinged up pretty good.
Complain to Amazon, they'll send you a second set.
Dec 10, 2007
300 posts
44 upvotes
raspeed wrote:
May 22nd, 2018 11:12 am
Donate!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2758 posts
83 upvotes
Flunk wrote:
May 22nd, 2018 1:16 pm
Complain to Amazon, they'll send you a second set.
Yea there sending them tomorrow. Hopefully those ones r ok. I gotta send these ones back.

Just got the replacements and they were perfect. Good stuff Amazon. Gonna send the old ones back now.
"Truth is High, Higher Still is Truthful Living" Guru Nanak