Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Double Hammock W/Stand 450 lb capacity $99.99 @ Amazon.ca

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2017 4:57 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton

[Amazon.ca] Double Hammock W/Stand 450 lb capacity $99.99 @ Amazon.ca

April 25th - Edited: Thanks to Explorer11 for finding a similar type of double hammock on sale (with free shipping) at Costco.ca for $99.99 after saving $40. The weight capacity is also 450 lbs and you can pick from 6 different patterns.

Edited: Thanks to koogeorge for noticing the $114.99 ones that Vivere hammocks I originally posted about are 9 feet, and bigger than the $99.99 ones.

Edited: Thanks to dhomas for finding this for $99.99!
Looks to be similar (different brand) as to the one in my original post (below, the Vivere one for $114.99) and has good reviews: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01FS6UNWA

This Vivere Double Hammock W/Stand (450 lb capacity) is selling for $114.99 @ Amazon.ca. It states it's 46% off which could be a bit overinflated imo, but for the hammock and stand I think it's a solid price. There's 5 diff. colour combos. I might get one for the kids and one for my husband and me! (Or, I might buy one; while they all fight over it, I can come inside, sit on the couch and eat licorice. Ha ha! Getaway tip #101.)

Edited: Highest price was $212.76 Jul 13, 2016, Lowest was $104.99 Dec 26, 2016 and average price is $161.65, according to camel. As we head into spring/summer the price is bound to increase.
123.JPG
Last edited by jory29 on Mar 4th, 2017 12:36 am, edited 11 times in total.
39 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31267 posts
17274 upvotes
This is about "average" in terms of sale price (give or take a bunch of bucks)

Also rope > cloth in terms of hammocks.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
death_hawk wrote: This is about "average" in terms of sale price (give or take a bunch of bucks)

Also rope > cloth in terms of hammocks.
That's what I mean, the 46% off may not be a true reflection, but for the stand to be included, as well as the double hammock that supports up to 450 lbs, I'm game.

Edited: Rope nice, but, it's easier for spiders to weave their way over to me. (Not a fan of spiders.) Plus, my licorice will fall through the ropes. :( ;)
Last edited by jory29 on Mar 4th, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 2, 2016
6 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
rope is actually a downgrade from cloth. Rope being good is one of the common misconceptions of hammocking that generated in North America along with the spreader bar. There's a reason the people of african and caribbean countries who use and have used hammocks as as daily furniture and beds don't use, make, or have rope hammocks.

This is definitely a good deal although a somewhat common one for amazon lightning deals. If I didn't already have one I use as my daily bed after learning the not so secret arts of hammocking while living in Costa Rica, it would definitely be a deal I'd look at taking advantage of.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
Crimand wrote: rope is actually a downgrade from cloth. Rope being good is one of the common misconceptions of hammocking that generated in North America along with the spreader bar. There's a reason the people of african and caribbean countries who use and have used hammocks as as daily furniture and beds don't use, make, or have rope hammocks.

This is definitely a good deal although a somewhat common one for amazon lightning deals. If I didn't already have one I use as my daily bed after learning the not so secret arts of hammocking while living in Costa Rica, it would definitely be a deal I'd look at taking advantage of.
Thanks for the info. I've noted the hammocks without stands for lightning deals in the past, this one with the stand is a bit diff. because the stand is included.
You sleep on one on a daily basis? Wow! How does your back feel after a whole night in one and what is the secret to sleeping in one? You seem to have it downpat!
Sep 19, 2015
58 posts
215 upvotes
I bought one of these for $100ish a while back - awesome hammock. Easy setup and comfortable :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31267 posts
17274 upvotes
Crimand wrote: rope is actually a downgrade from cloth. Rope being good is one of the common misconceptions of hammocking that generated in North America along with the spreader bar. There's a reason the people of african and caribbean countries who use and have used hammocks as as daily furniture and beds don't use, make, or have rope hammocks.
I mean... I don't use one for daily sleeping, but all the cloth ones I've laid in were never as comfortable to me as rope ones.
The rope ones seem to mold to your body better but at the same time it would offer less support.
So I think it'd be more comfortable for casually laying in but terrible for actually sleeping in.

Cloth also seems more claustrophobic compared to robe.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Feb 2, 2016
6 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
jory29 wrote: Thanks for the info. I've noted the hammocks without stands for lightning deals in the past, this one with the stand is a bit diff. because the stand is included.
You sleep on one on a daily basis? Wow! How does your back feel after a whole night in one and what is the secret to sleeping in one? You seem to have it downpat!
I actually like it better than a bed in many ways except for probably the one obvious one :P .

Much less laundry to do, I can actually wash my bed if I need/want to, much smaller footprint, much cheaper, no need for pillows..etc.

It's also the original memory foam, with a good hammock (not expensive, just good). A good hammock will have you feeling like you're floating in air and almost like there's nothing underneath you (very hard with a rope hammock). Also helps me sleep on my back as it's really the only truly comfy position in a hammock.

The trick is that hammocks aren't meant to be used where you're in a banana type position, nothing wrong with that short term, but the trick is as simple as lying down on an angle. This spreads out the hammock beneath you in way that makes it flat, and hence you're lying flat as well, so back issues don't exist unless one has an adjustment period. I was lucky and took to it right away. Plenty of info online if you search "how to sleep in a hammock".
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1575 posts
92 upvotes
Collingwood
For those not in a rush, Costco should have these on sale shortly. Perhaps they are already in store. I believe I paid 89.99 for mine online from Costco last summer. It's nice that I can easily take it part. Very stable and fits everyone from my kids to me 6'3 with ease.
https://m.costco.ca/Double-Hammock-with ... 39348.html
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1174 posts
1794 upvotes
scarborough
dannyphones wrote: Do these things rust?
I have 2 vivere double hammocks. I use one with the stand and i also have the tree straps. They are just awesome very confotable. My stand has never rusted because i always bring it in but a friend has one with a bit of surface rust because he just leaves it out.

At $115 from amazon it a steal.
Jan 24, 2017
98 posts
141 upvotes
This is a great hammock. Cloth is always hit and miss with me since sometimes the texture can feel kind of odd, but I love the Vivere ones. If mine ever needs to be replaced I'll just rebuy this same version.
Jul 23, 2015
897 posts
650 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Get some pool noodles to cover the bars on the bottom...you'll thank me when you flip out of hammock and land on soft pool noodle instead of hard metal

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)