[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3197 posts
2596 upvotes
Markham

[Amazon Canada] Dremel 7000-N/5 6-Volt Cordless Two-Speed Rotary Tool @$27.78

Dremel 7000-N/5 6-Volt Cordless Two-Speed Rotary Tool
  • 6-volt cordless Dremel rotary tool (requires 4 AA batteries, not included)
  • Includes 5 accessories and a wrench
  • Rotates at two speeds: 6,000 rpm or 12,000 rpm
  • Weighs only 6 ounces; 2-year warranty

Buy a set of 4 x AmazonBasic High Capacity Rechargeable Batteries to complement this tool.
https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-High ... V9TGS?th=1

Good for small jobs or craft projects.
Do not expect this tool to drill through hard wood.
Use of easily available AA batteries is a plus point for many users - no need to buy customized and thus costly batteries for the tool.
Can be used as a grooming tool for a dog's nails.
14 replies
Nov 20, 2017
358 posts
491 upvotes
I remember using one to make tools for friends, but have never used a battery powered one before.

FYI: Doesn't come with batteries or a charger.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3443 posts
194 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
Can I use this to clean the wheel hub of a car?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
2793 posts
1717 upvotes
Montreal
The most it'll clean is your fingernails.

I was given a previous gen one and it's completely useless, absolutely no torque and stalls all the time. Just buy the $30 mastercrap one and you will be able to actually do stuff with it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5338 posts
2265 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
jzmtl wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 12:57 pm
The most it'll clean is your fingernails.

I was given a previous gen one and it's completely useless, absolutely no torque and stalls all the time. Just buy the $30 mastercrap one and you will be able to actually do stuff with it.
So this is a glorified nail polisher? Lol.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
2793 posts
1717 upvotes
Montreal
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 1:19 pm
Pretty much lol, Dremel even sells a version with different sticker for nail grooming (for pets).
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1675 posts
1190 upvotes
Ottawa
This is not a real Dremel, it runs on AAs lol. If you're looking to do actual work with it, go Li Ion or corded, or go to CT and buy Mastercraft version for about the same price as this.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3197 posts
2596 upvotes
Markham
iflyplanes wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 2:18 pm
This is not a real Dremel, it runs on AAs lol. If you're looking to do actual work with it, go Li Ion or corded, or go to CT and buy Mastercraft version for about the same price as this.
Any link from Canadian Tire for the similar cordless rotary tool that is under $30?
Jan 11, 2016
178 posts
70 upvotes
Peterborough
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 1:19 pm
Yep. Getting this for my girlfriend. She uses a corded one that looks cumbersome every two weeks to do her nails.
If they do their own nails this would be perfect only downfall is no lithium rechargable battery.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5338 posts
2265 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ChrisS489 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 4:35 pm
Yep. Getting this for my girlfriend. She uses a corded one that looks cumbersome every two weeks to do her nails.
If they do their own nails this would be perfect only downfall is no lithium rechargable battery.
Wow. I thought nail polisher is a figure of speech. You guys are serious. lol. May be a proper polishing head is needed instead of the sand paper for your gf?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3750 posts
1101 upvotes
Ottawa
drdtyc wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:40 pm
Any link from Canadian Tire for the similar cordless rotary tool that is under $30?
There's always Amazon. Both the Wen and Genesis are a decent buy. They are very similar, if not identical, apart from the colour.
Jan 11, 2016
178 posts
70 upvotes
Peterborough
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:24 pm
Wow. I thought nail polisher is a figure of speech. You guys are serious. lol. May be a proper polishing head is needed instead of the sand paper for your gf?
I think she has what she needs for attachments from the other Dremel here. I bought her a compressor and airbrush gun last year. Now she'll be set and happier I hope with this Dremel
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5338 posts
2265 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ChrisS489 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:36 am
I think she has what she needs for attachments from the other Dremel here. I bought her a compressor and airbrush gun last year. Now she'll be set and happier I hope with this Dremel
Did you actually use the compressor and airbrush gun for her nails?!
It sounds a bit over kill.
Jan 19, 2017
373 posts
611 upvotes
jzmtl wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 1:43 pm
Pretty much lol, Dremel even sells a version with different sticker for nail grooming (for pets).
The one i own for sanding my dogs nails is literally this one OP posted with another sticker. Great if your pets are freaked out by a pair of nail clippers, some dogs are terrified of that "pressure" so to speak.
Jan 11, 2016
178 posts
70 upvotes
Peterborough
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:43 am
Did you actually use the compressor and airbrush gun for her nails?!
It sounds a bit over kill.
Absolutely. Gives her a nice French manicure exactly how she wants it, clean perfect smile line. Also it's something that I can help her with.