Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

E3 Deals: 20% off & various deals

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2018 9:41 pm
Jun 22, 2015
348 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chhotadon wrote: Did Amazon ship Read Dead Redemption 2 to anyone yet?
Nope mine was delayed. Support gave me a whopping $5 off my next purchase coupon! BS. Said they had "Supply issues" like they didn't have over a year to prepare for this... I might just go the the store and buy one and return my Amazon one when it shows up...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1658 posts
2172 upvotes
DeadHead wrote: Nope mine was delayed. Support gave me a whopping $5 off my next purchase coupon! BS. Said they had "Supply issues" like they didn't have over a year to prepare for this... I might just go the the store and buy one and return my Amazon one when it shows up...
I chatted with them too. But i pushed for $20 instead of $5 as i kept mentioning that you had over a year to prepare. And surprisingly, they gave it to me after chatting with a supervisor :)

Are you sure that Amazon copy will get scanned at Walmart or BestBuy?
Jun 22, 2015
348 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chhotadon wrote: I chatted with them too. But i pushed for $20 instead of $5 as i kept mentioning that you had over a year to prepare. And surprisingly, they gave it to me after chatting with a supervisor :)

Guess I am phoning back and pushing for $15 extra. I have read so many different dollar amounts. $5 is worthless. And no clue if they will scan.
Jun 22, 2015
348 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chhotadon wrote: I chatted with them too. But i pushed for $20 instead of $5 as i kept mentioning that you had over a year to prepare. And surprisingly, they gave it to me after chatting with a supervisor :)

My chat from today.

Me: Hi, So I am very disappointed. As I am sure you know, I and many other's preorderd this game over a year ago. You had more than a year to get this game to people on day one. I wouldn't be so upset if this was the first time this has happened to me, but sadly it isn't the first time. I have made many purchases over the years from Amazon. The rep yesterday offered me $5 as "Compensation" for the "Low Stock" of the game and now I have been reading forums and even talked to many of my friends and many of them have been given $15-$20 as a good gesture. Why was I only offered $5? I don't want to be greedy, but that hardly seems just. You are now connected to Kannan from Amazon.ca

Kannan: Hello, my name is Kannan. I'm here to help you today.

Me: Hello Kannan

Kannan: I'm sorry to hear that. I do understand your disappointment. I'd be happy to do but I'm not authorized to issue a credit more than $5.00. Me: Am I able to speak to someone who is?

Kannan: Yes; I can transfer you to a member of my leadership team. Please just give me a moment.

Me: Thank you kindly. A Customer Service Associate will be with you in a moment. You are now connected to Prasad from Amazon.ca

Prasad: Hello, my name is Prasad. Please give me a moment to review the previous correspondence.

Me: Hi Prasad, thank you.

Prasad: I understand how inconvenience this can be and you as our valued customer deserves only the best service. This disappointing experience is certainly a matter of concern to us besides losing the trust which we built over the years. We do take responsibility for the inconvenience caused since the trust you've had in us is at stake. We can't afford to lose a loyal customer like you, not sugar coating my words but I know how it feels because I am also a customer at the end of the day. I am sorry we can't do more than $5/

Me: So why were my friends, as well as people online offered upwards of $20? and I only $5?

Prasad: I am sorry for any misunderstanding. Amazon never gave more than $5.

Me: Really, no one has received more than $5 as a compensation gift?

Prasad: No.

Me: Every other person is lying? Again, this game is already 4 days late and now its not going to be delivered untill November 2nd and thats not even forsure. How is any of that fair?

Prasad: We have reserve the stock for you. You will get it by nov2.

Me: So $5 is the max compensation you guys are giving? I know that is a lie. Again its not greed, its the fact that myself and many others have waited more than a year for this

Prasad: That's not lie.

Me: Alrighty, thanks for the zero help.

Prasad: I’m sorry you’re disappointed with the information we’ve previously provided to you on regarding issue This is the best answer we can offer.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1658 posts
2172 upvotes
DeadHead wrote: My chat from today.
Unlucky i guess. I was pretty pissed at the 2nd level agent as he was asking random question and he did not know why i was chatting with him when he had the long chat history in front of him. Again, i pushed to talk to supervisor directly to complained about the previous agent which lead to the $20 credit. And she added it pretty quick.

Amazon: I'm sorry about that.
In this case, I'll go ahead and issue a $20 promotional credit to your account.
Me: Look you are apologizing for his misbehavior. So nice of you.
Amazon: Thank you, me.
I've issued a $20 promotional credit to your account.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1658 posts
2172 upvotes
DeadHead wrote: Nope mine was delayed. Support gave me a whopping $5 off my next purchase coupon! BS. Said they had "Supply issues" like they didn't have over a year to prepare for this... I might just go the the store and buy one and return my Amazon one when it shows up...
Amazon finally shipped mine today.
Jun 22, 2015
348 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chhotadon wrote: Amazon finally shipped mine today.
Same here. Supposed to arrive the 1st. I am in Vancouver.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1658 posts
2172 upvotes
DeadHead wrote: Same here. Supposed to arrive the 1st. I am in Vancouver.
I am getting it tomorrow because i had 1 day shipping.
Jun 22, 2015
348 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chhotadon wrote: I am getting it tomorrow because i had 1 day shipping.
So did I, got a shipping refund and a cool $5 back... Yay Amazon... Worst preorder experience of my life.
Jul 17, 2011
142 posts
135 upvotes
Tonight Amazon called me a liar and said that there was no 20% E3 promo in 2017 when I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2. I must have been dreaming when they applied it to the 7 or so games I've received previously that the E3 promo was removed from.

The chat agent was so rude and combative that I've decided not to pre-order anything from Amazon ever again. Also, since they were so polite, I'm returning RDR2 for a full refund. I hope the 20% they saved was worth it for them, because now they're going to have to pay for return shipping, my refund, and have an opened game that they can't resell. Plus, no further business from me. And the game was a week and a half late on top of that!

Think I'll just switch to downloading directly from the PSN store from now on. I have an enormous backlog of games to play anyway. I don't really need to be pre-ordering new games haha.
Jul 20, 2017
17 posts
7 upvotes
mischievousboy wrote: Tonight Amazon called me a liar and said that there was no 20% E3 promo in 2017 when I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2. I must have been dreaming when they applied it to the 7 or so games I've received previously that the E3 promo was removed from.

The chat agent was so rude and combative that I've decided not to pre-order anything from Amazon ever again. Also, since they were so polite, I'm returning RDR2 for a full refund. I hope the 20% they saved was worth it for them, because now they're going to have to pay for return shipping, my refund, and have an opened game that they can't resell. Plus, no further business from me. And the game was a week and a half late on top of that!

Think I'll just switch to downloading directly from the PSN store from now on. I have an enormous backlog of games to play anyway. I don't really need to be pre-ordering new games haha.
I had some pretty awful experiences with 3 standard support agents, it was only when I asked to speak to a supervisor that they started being decent. I didn't really get anything resolved but at least the supervisor wasn't rude... Still cancelled my pre-orders and Prime, moving on to PSN as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)