• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2018 8:41 am
[OP]
Nov 11, 2003
47 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon Canada] Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter Cube Set (3pc) - $31.38

Price on this packing cube set has dropped to its lowest on Amazon.ca according to camelx3. Great cubes, I'm already using a couple of sets.

They're the upgrade pick as Wirecutter's recommended packing cubes.
3 replies
Feb 13, 2014
196 posts
64 upvotes
Ottawa
I’ve found that these top-load packing cubes are more difficult to use than the ones with a zipper that runs around three sides. Being able to open the cube to get things out without dusturbing other items is a very useful feature for me. I use the Eagle Creek compression cubes. The compression doesn’t compress much, but the zippers seem to be of better quality than those used on other models.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1860 posts
1685 upvotes
Toronto
I have these, they are ultralight and great for things like underwear and socks. They hold up well and I love them.

With that being said though, the higher price was justifiable 2 years ago when packing cubes weren't as common, but lots of companies make them now and you can find them at the dollar store. The quality might not be the same, but you can replace them cheaply if you have to. If you want brand name though, Eagle Creek is at the top for these cubes.

@alljay I also like the ones that open up like a suitcase. I started using the ones by MEC, you need a membership to buy from them though. They are of the same lightweight material as the Eaglecreek ones and the clearance colours are on sale right now. The small to large range from $6-9.

www.mec.ca/en/product/5034-458/Travel-L ... cking-Cube