• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2019 2:04 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2371 posts
1028 upvotes
aos007 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 6:01 pm
What transaction number on ebates site? Their website simply forwards you to the seller's website after showing you a "all is ok" message. There is nothing logged on the ebates accounts to indicate that I've clicked through.
Sure there is. Go to your profile and click "shopping trips". Each clickthrough is assigned a number and when/if a verified purchase takes place, a checkmark is added to the line.

I've hidden part of the transaction numbers:
eBates.png
Mar 11, 2004
670 posts
18 upvotes
Every time I order electronics through ebates for Amazon items I don't receive the full rebate. When I inquire, they say it's "UP TO" 8% not 8%, especially for electronics. Just saying...
Jul 15, 2008
843 posts
150 upvotes
Edge
aos007 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 6:01 pm
What transaction number on ebates site? Their website simply forwards you to the seller's website after showing you a "all is ok" message. There is nothing logged on the ebates accounts to indicate that I've clicked through.
Yes there is under the My Account > Shopping trips. That's what they need and your order confirmation when you file a complain under "Where is My Cash Back?" It's very easy if you have those info.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4039 posts
16687 upvotes
TORONTO
So what are people buying?

And please we've had too many "bought xx for yy" trash posts already. Can we keep the contribution positive?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1911 posts
300 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
The banner on ebates.ca says up to 8%. I am afraid it is not for all.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1851 posts
330 upvotes
RubberCheese wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 6:10 pm
Sure there is. Go to your profile and click "shopping trips". Each clickthrough is assigned a number and when/if a verified purchase takes place, a checkmark is added to the line.

I've hidden part of the transaction numbers:

eBates.png
Ah ok, thanks. I guess I will have to contact ebates, I do see my shopping trip but no cashback, 2 months on now.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1546 posts
1415 upvotes
Alberta
ma678 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 6:30 pm
The banner on ebates.ca says up to 8%. I am afraid it is not for all.
Click "see all Amazon.ca categories"

Amazon.ca Categories
CategoryCash Back
Apparel & Accessories 8.0%
Automotive 8.0%
Beauty 8.0%
Camera & Photo 8.0%
Computers 8.0%
Grocery & Gourmet 8.0%
Health & Personal Care 8.0%
Home & Portable Audio 8.0%
Jewelry 8.0%
Kindle eBooks 8.0%
Kitchen & Dining 8.0%
Luggage 8.0%
Magazine Subscriptions 8.0%
Mobile Electronics 8.0%
Music 8.0%
Office & School Products 8.0%
Shoes 8.0%
Sports & Outdoors 8.0%
Toys 8.0%
Watches 8.0%
CategoryCash Back
Arts & Crafts 8.0%
Baby 8.0%
Books & Textbooks 8.0%
Cell Phones & Accessories 8.0%
Electronics & Audio 8.0%
Handmade 8.0%
Home 8.0%
Home Entertainment 8.0%
Kindle Digital Text on Tablets 8.0%
Kindle Tablet Accessories 8.0%
Lawn & Garden 8.0%
Luxury Beauty 8.0%
Major Appliances 8.0%
Movies & TV Shows 8.0%
Musical Instruments 8.0%
Pet Supplies 8.0%
Software 8.0%
Tools & Hardware 8.0%
Video Games 8.0%
Wireless Accessories 8.0%
Aug 30, 2015
263 posts
209 upvotes
BC
craigslist123 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:28 pm
I don't 8% is still too low:
$500 purchase will only give you $40.
$250 purchase will only give you $20.

Unlike the 12% was giving you:
$500 purchase will only give you $60.
$250 purchase will only give you $30.
But I'm sure the prerequisite time machine will cost you more than the $20 difference.
Aug 30, 2015
263 posts
209 upvotes
BC

Just to counter the ebates doesn't work comments...
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1546 posts
1415 upvotes
Alberta
I sent an email to ebates to clarify the confusion surrounding marketplace sellers and ebates promotions such as this one... I will post the reply when I receive it and hopefully it will help others too.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7463 posts
2682 upvotes
Markham
Lush78 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 7:17 pm
I sent an email to ebates to clarify the confusion surrounding marketplace sellers and ebates promotions such as this one... I will post the reply when I receive it and hopefully it will help others too.
I bought some stuff last time Amazon had the 12% rebate and some of the items i bought were third party and I got the full rebate. If you pay Amazon, I think the rebate applies.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5197 posts
5745 upvotes
I really doubt ebate can answer your question as ebate system has no concept about marketplace seller. Ebate relies on Amazon reporting back if the item will qualify for the rebate. From my understanding, only the FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) item will qualify for the rebate. If it is shipped by the marketplace seller, the item won't qualify for the rebate
Lush78 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 7:17 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1546 posts
1415 upvotes
Alberta
lcmt wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 7:28 pm
I really doubt ebate can answer your question as ebate system has no concept about marketplace seller. Ebate relies on Amazon reporting back if the item will qualify for the rebate. From my understanding, only the FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) item will qualify for the rebate. If it is shipped by the marketplace seller, the item won't qualify for the rebate
I've seen conflicting statements in this thread. What you say makes sense though. It sounds like others have received cash back though with purchases made through marketplace sellers. I also don't see anything mentioned about the market place on the "store exceptions" for Amazon, but marketplace sellers ARE mentioned as an exception for Best Buy. Curious to see what kind of response I will get from ebates.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5197 posts
5745 upvotes
People need to clarify the following as some people got mix-up the definition of the marketplace seller :
(1) There are two methods sold by marketplace seller in Amazon. FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) and Shipped by the marketplace seller.
(2) The rebate is automatic or they need to submit a claim

Honestly, there is no way ebate will offer rebate for the item shipped by marketplace seller. If so, it offers a big loophole to commit fault.
Lush78 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 7:38 pm
I've seen conflicting statements in this thread. What you say makes sense though. It sounds like others have received cash back though with purchases made through marketplace sellers. I also don't see anything mentioned about the market place on the "store exceptions" for Amazon, but marketplace sellers ARE mentioned as an exception for Best Buy. Curious to see what kind of response I will get from ebates.
Aug 1, 2010
787 posts
481 upvotes
Have never had issues with being paid out by Ebates. Those crying probably have an adblocker enabled/cookies disabled and/or not adding to cart after going through Ebates. GCR on the other hand has screwed me multiple times