• Jan 19th, 2019 3:29 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5880 posts
1411 upvotes
Markham
lcmt wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 7:51 pm
People need to clarify the following as some people got mix-up the definition of the marketplace seller :
(1) There are two methods sold by marketplace seller in Amazon. FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) and Shipped by the marketplace seller.
(2) The rebate is automatic or they need to submit a claim

Honestly, there is no way ebate will offer rebate for the item shipped by marketplace seller. If so, it offers a big loophole to commit fault.
I don't think Amazon really cares as Amazon still makes something for the marketplace seller selling something thru them. Fulfilled by Amazon just means Amazon makes even more.

Check out the fulfilment fees....$2.41 for a under 1lb item. Added to that there are storage fees for the inventory they hold.
Let's say the item sells for $24.10. $2.41 is 10% of the revenue=> they can afford 8% rebate.

https://services.amazon.com/fulfillment ... fba_snav_p

Check out the "referral fees" for "sold by" marketplace sellers...most are far greater than 8%

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/hel ... d=NSGoogle

Judging by what Amazon makes from "marketplace sellers", paying a 8% rebate is not losing them any money.

Where is the "big loophole to commit fraud"?
Last edited by gr8dlr on Jan 11th, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jul 17, 2012
424 posts
175 upvotes
Kamloops
i know someone who buys and use ebates and returns on regularly basis. so you can actually make money this way? is that true? i returned like 2 electronics before that's about it. one is corsair keyboard double space problem. only return when there is problem.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
5979 posts
1766 upvotes
Toronto
muscleking wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:28 pm
i know someone who buys and use ebates and returns on regularly basis. so you can actually make money this way? is that true? i returned like 2 electronics before that's about it. one is corsair keyboard double space problem. only return when there is problem.
Noone is stopping people from returning things, but Amazon can flag your account if it's obvious you're abusing the return policy and possibly ban you. Not worth it over a few eBates bucks.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4661 posts
4804 upvotes
Rule#1: Don't discuss anything how to commit a fraud/crime on the internet unless you want to be sent to the court.
gr8dlr wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:02 pm
I don't think Amazon really cares as Amazon still makes something for the marketplace seller selling something thru them. Fulfilled by Amazon just means Amazon makes even more.

Check out the fulfilment fees....$2.41 for a under 1lb item. Added to that there are storage fees for the inventory they hold.
Let's say the item sells for $24.10. $2.41 is 10% of the revenue=> they can afford 8% rebate.

https://services.amazon.com/fulfillment ... fba_snav_p

Check out the "referral fees" for "sold by" marketplace sellers...most are far greater than 8%

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/hel ... d=NSGoogle

Judging by what Amazon makes from "marketplace sellers", paying a 8% rebate is not losing them any money.

Where is the "big loophole to commit fraud"?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3490 posts
1776 upvotes
Apologies If this has been answered but does anyone know when 8% cashback ends
Sep 13, 2015
448 posts
323 upvotes
Alberta
witenite wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:06 pm
Apologies If this has been answered but does anyone know when 8% cashback ends
The promo states that it ends on the 14th, but Ebates has ended promotions early in the past without warning.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3898 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
any good nvme m2 ssds?
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Dec 16, 2017
36 posts
37 upvotes
Ebates sells all your info (address, phone number, etc, so avoid).
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1659 posts
660 upvotes
GTA
lcmt wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 7:51 pm
People need to clarify the following as some people got mix-up the definition of the marketplace seller :
(1) There are two methods sold by marketplace seller in Amazon. FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) and Shipped by the marketplace seller.
(2) The rebate is automatic or they need to submit a claim

Honestly, there is no way ebate will offer rebate for the item shipped by marketplace seller. If so, it offers a big loophole to commit fault.
I can also confirm receiving rebates from purchases that are shipped by a marketplace seller and it was automatic. Not seeing how there's a big loophole since if you return the item, the rebate gets clawed back. Plus there's a significant delay for the cashback payout in case someone tries to return the purchase at the return window deadline. Of course there's still a further delay with the clawback process so I can only imagine this is potentially where someone could take advantage. Can't be a big issue though since the risk/rewards don't exactly make it worthwhile, but, I guess some people would do anything for a few bucks.
Sep 13, 2015
448 posts
323 upvotes
Alberta
Another update on market place sellers...

I submitted a "where's my cash" form yesterday for a gaming chair that I purchased on Amazon that is "Ships from and sold by noblechairs." I received the email this morning and the credit to my ebates account for the 4% cash back they were offering at the time under the "home" category.

I think this confirms the extreme case of marketplace sellers on Amazon qualifying for the ebates cash back... case closed.
Feb 4, 2017
492 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up for ebates recently and haven't had a good experience.

1st time was booking via hotels.com. The price of the room was $122/night. When I go through ebates, it came to $125/night.
2nd time is with this deal. Bought my items Jan 10th and don't even see the green check mark in shopping trips.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4661 posts
4804 upvotes
That's good news for people who are buying item shipped by marketplace seller, but the loophole is not the timing or the return. It is a sequence of mathematical operation. Anyways, It is not a good idea to discuss further how to commit fraud over the internet. By the way, if this is allowed from ebates, theoretically, it should work on other rebate program such as Airmiles, Aeroplan, Swagbucks, GCR, etc ... I have tried this in the past from Swagbucks and Airmiles, it doesn't work, so if anyone has tried on other rebates platform, you may want to shed some light on this.

By the way, GCR has increased the rebate to 6% for the rest of 2019 on some categories. Once this promotion has expired, I will go back to GCR. Besides, you will get 3.25% back from redeeming the Amazon.ca gift card over there.
Britex wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:20 am
I can also confirm receiving rebates from purchases that are shipped by a marketplace seller and it was automatic. Not seeing how there's a big loophole since if you return the item, the rebate gets clawed back. Plus there's a significant delay for the cashback payout in case someone tries to return the purchase at the return window deadline. Of course there's still a further delay with the clawback process so I can only imagine this is potentially where someone could take advantage. Can't be a big issue though since the risk/rewards don't exactly make it worthwhile, but, I guess some people would do anything for a few bucks.
Last edited by lcmt on Jan 12th, 2019 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

FFBBY