[Amazon Canada] Ebates.ca - 8% Cashback at Amazon.ca on EVERYTHING

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2019 10:56 am
Apr 10, 2011
431 posts
197 upvotes
Neo_ZX wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 5:38 pm
Had to manually request cashback twice from the last 12% deal.
Every trip is ticketed and timestamped so just be ready to compare against your purchase.
I've had to do this on every single purchase I've made on Amazon through ebates!! (About 4-5)
Dec 13, 2011
46 posts
13 upvotes
Montréal
lemmiwinks wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:00 pm
I've had to do this on every single purchase I've made on Amazon through ebates!! (About 4-5)
I use the ebates app now and the rebates show up on my account very quickly. Also, make sure that you add products to your basket after you are in the app, not before.
Jan 15, 2012
126 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
setlist wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 5:36 pm
GCR says the following in their amazon info box:
Conditions :
You must click from GCR before adding an item to the cart or Wish List.
You cannot use GCR to pay for an item in the cart if you did not use GCR to add the item to the cart.
You cannot click on the reorder button. You must use GCR to add the item to the cart
You cannot use GCR to move an item from the wish list to cart if you did not use GCR to add the item to the wish list.

Based on the above, I've always assumed this holds true for ebates too. So my painful process is to:

1. Empty my wishlist, cart and "save for later" of the item.
2. Establish the referral via ebates.
3. Manually re-search for the item, and place it in my cart again.

Steps 1 and 2 I do interchangeably.

Does anyone know better? I'd certainly love to stop doing this if it isn't required.
Rather than re-search the item, can you just move them to cart from the save for later list? Then it's just one click per item.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2063 posts
386 upvotes
My routine is save all items to my Amazon wish list. Then load ebates app and go to Amazon again, and click on each item in my wish list and add to cart.

Got my cashback every single time without any issues.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1537 posts
443 upvotes
Ottawa
setlist wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 5:36 pm
GCR says the following in their amazon info box:
Conditions :
You must click from GCR before adding an item to the cart or Wish List.
You cannot use GCR to pay for an item in the cart if you did not use GCR to add the item to the cart.
You cannot click on the reorder button. You must use GCR to add the item to the cart
You cannot use GCR to move an item from the wish list to cart if you did not use GCR to add the item to the wish list.

Based on the above, I've always assumed this holds true for ebates too. So my painful process is to:

1. Empty my wishlist, cart and "save for later" of the item.
2. Establish the referral via ebates.
3. Manually re-search for the item, and place it in my cart again.

Steps 1 and 2 I do interchangeably.

Does anyone know better? I'd certainly love to stop doing this if it isn't required.
It's easier to fill out the where's my cash back form on ebates than to deal with all those rules. Just my $0.02.
Nov 6, 2018
761 posts
467 upvotes
fruzmatik wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:11 pm
It's easier to fill out the where's my cash back form on ebates than to deal with all those rules. Just my $0.02.
They won't give you cash back if they didn't make money off your order. It has to be done through their affiliate link for them to make money and for them to credit you CB.
Nov 6, 2018
761 posts
467 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
My routine is save all items to my Amazon wish list. Then load ebates app and go to Amazon again, and click on each item in my wish list and add to cart.

I do that or just copy and paste the ASIN in search
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
1322 posts
1121 upvotes
any graphics card deal worth getting with this?
does it apply to warehouse deals?
Aug 30, 2015
171 posts
139 upvotes
Victoria, BC
sharpshooter88 wrote:

Hmm - that does sound easy but it contradicts the "You cannot use GCR to move an item from the wish list to cart if you did not use GCR to add the item to the wish list.". But since you've had success I'll give it a try.
roadieweb wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:06 pm
Rather than re-search the item, can you just move them to cart from the save for later list? Then it's just one click per item.
I've always worried that saved for later is essentially your cart still as far as the rebate flagging goes. But I could be wrong - my google searching hasn't given me a definitive answer.
fruzmatik wrote:
Agreed, but do they honour it if you failed to follow the steps required to generate the payment from Amazon to eBates? If you've had success with that, then that would totally work.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5151 posts
982 upvotes
Scarborough
Damn it, literally bought something today without the extra cash back 🤣
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2063 posts
386 upvotes
setlist wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:19 pm
Hmm - that does sound easy but it contradicts the "You cannot use GCR to move an item from the wish list to cart if you did not use GCR to add the item to the wish list.". But since you've had success I'll give it a try.
I guess it might be a problem for GCR (Great Canadian Rebates)?

Haven't had a problem with Ebates and their app.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1537 posts
443 upvotes
Ottawa
setlist wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:19 pm
Agreed, but do they honour it if you failed to follow the steps required to generate the payment from Amazon to eBates? If you've had success with that, then that would totally work.
I have never had a problem with ebates, their customer service is outstanding.
Oftentimes the cash back gets automatically added once you fill out the form.
Worst case they make you wait a few days.
Sep 3, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
thanks OP

Did all the remove item from cart and do it in the ebates app, never had one amazon's purchase show up automatically. Always had to fill out the form to get my cashback.
Dec 10, 2014
498 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto, ON
8% off everything until January 14th, that's Monday

Thread Information

There are currently 21 users viewing this thread. (15 members and 6 guests)

SDMftw, ajdeals, haque243, SureshA720227, chewyyceee, 563786243045216, doulas, DavidO48988, kavatski, lecale, kwarwick, redkid, cstriker045, cloud82, ashxxx