Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

ecobee 3 HomeKit Enabled Thermostat $254.15

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2017 12:18 am
Oct 6, 2015
150 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Onex989 wrote: Would you please tell us how you connected it? Did you have to call Support? I have an Aprilaire 600 which I'd like to connect to ecobee. Thanks.
Here is how I had mine connected and working with an Aprilaire 500, which is the same as 600.

http://i.imgur.com/ZvWV2YW.gif

Initially, I had the the second wire from the solenoid going to the Acc- on the Ecobee3, but that didn't work, had it rewired to C on the Furnace and it started working.
Feb 7, 2017
91 posts
61 upvotes
xxgosokxx wrote: Here is how I had mine connected and working with an Aprilaire 500, which is the same as 600.

http://i.imgur.com/ZvWV2YW.gif

Initially, I had the the second wire from the solenoid going to the Acc- on the Ecobee3, but that didn't work, had it rewired to C on the Furnace and it started working.
Thank you so much for your time and effort. Much appreciated. Have you noticed a difference in your windows (sweating) since ecobee started controlling your humidifier?
Oct 6, 2015
150 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Onex989 wrote: Thank you so much for your time and effort. Much appreciated. Have you noticed a difference in your windows (sweating) since ecobee started controlling your humidifier?
Yes, it is an improvement comparing to a manual humidistat. The ecobee does not actually try to change the humidity set point rapidly, not the same way a thermostat does to temperature, but it seems to trend the humidity set point based on either past average or forecast over the course of days. I am not exactly sure.

Keeping in mind, it takes a fairly long time to adjust the humidity inside a house, and the outside temperature can change quite rapidly, plus there are other factors like temperature discrepancy among south facing and north facing windows etc.

I think it is as good as it can be, you cannot expect to see zero condensation since there is no way for it to artificially dehumidify. Unless you adjust the desire humidity to really low, in that case, you are not getting any benefit from the humidifier at all.

I have since moved to a different house, it has a Peaksaver Plus. I don't miss the remote sensor as much as I miss the humidity control. Probably getting another ecobee soon.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9483 posts
286 upvotes
GTA
looking to get rid of my ecobee3, nothing but problems for the last few months.

been replacing the filter every month rather than every 3 months.

furnace wont boot to get hot air unless I shut the power down.

replaced my sensor 2x.

should have gotten a NEST.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
cinnaroll wrote: Thanks for the link but when I put my postal code in, I got no results back.
But I know for sure I am qualified.
That's funny because I put mine in and it told me there is a credit for me and that's not correct. There's no Enbridge here