Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Ecovacs Deebot N79 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Strong Suction, Wi-Fi Connected $200

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2019 10:10 pm
Aug 11, 2008
927 posts
237 upvotes
in comparison to ilife A4, the additional wifi only allows to use IR remote control functions from phone app? or there are differences? Is it google home compatible?
Nov 24, 2017
120 posts
37 upvotes
Thanks OP! I bought one, can't wait to try it out!

Reviews and videos for this were great. Never owned a robot vacuum and my upright vacuum's motor failed last week and was looking for a new vacuum.
Jan 26, 2012
190 posts
22 upvotes
BRAMPTON
felixpau wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 9:20 pm
Does n79 have google connectivity? I have the n79s and I know there's connectivity there. On the amazon page and several other comparison sites indicate the n79 does not.
How is the n79s? For anyone interested I believe it's on sale over at Amazon.COM for $160US.
Jan 3, 2019
76 posts
23 upvotes
Bought this guy at Canadian tire for $225 that comes with $20 gift card. Not bad for that price, only thing that I don't want is that it goes on the same spot multiple times, wish I'd go for the one with laser mapping tech, other than that it works pretty well, not that loud either, also love it that I can control it in 3 different ways, the remote, my phone, and google home. damn you never know how much dust and dirt you have on your floor 'til you use one of this thing.
Jul 7, 2018
60 posts
46 upvotes
GTA
billy_z wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 6:02 pm
Just ordered one... But does it work well for homes with a lot of clutters on the floor? e.g toys
Most of the time it will push it around. Unless it gets in to a corner and some curved object lift the vacuum up, then it might get under it. I haven’t had had much trouble with objects on the ground. The only time it get stuck is when I leave charging cables on the floor and it got caught a few times. It will just stop vacuuming and wait for help to remove the obstacles.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1539 posts
481 upvotes
Edmonton
I have the n79S. it's not bad for the price. I'd say really good for a random pather. It does like to go 4X4 mode sometimes over mountains of cords. the other morning I found it in the middle of the floor with a half eaten bathing suit top (in the kitchen). It's possessed. In my house it almost never makes it back to the dock. It usually gets hung up eventually but that more so because of all the obstacles I have. However, the bin is always full so it is cleaning and I have taken the vacuum out far far less than before. And this is a household with many dogs. The "S" from what I believe allows you to use the app to control and gives it alexa compatibility. Not google.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Feb 11, 2012
73 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone plans on returning theirs please PM me
Jan 27, 2013
762 posts
683 upvotes
I own 2 of the 900 mapping deebot. Amazing tech for the price. I think the m80pro with wet mopping attachment is the same spec as the dry n79. It's only 225

ECOVACS DEEBOT M80 Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Strong Suction, for Pet Hair, Low-Pile Carpet, Bare Floors, WiFi Connected (DM80Pro) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01NA08FT0/ref ... rCbH0K3RZZ
Nov 7, 2017
135 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm kinda new to the smart vacuum world so this may seem like a dumb question, but does the vacuum know edges/cliffs? For an example, if I let it do the upstairs floor of my house, will it know the edge of the staircase so it doesn't tumble down?
Jan 27, 2013
762 posts
683 upvotes
Nev0513 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 10:35 am
I'm kinda new to the smart vacuum world so this may seem like a dumb question, but does the vacuum know edges/cliffs? For an example, if I let it do the upstairs floor of my house, will it know the edge of the staircase so it doesn't tumble down?

They have edge sensors