Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Energizer AA / AAA Batteries (48 Count), Double/Triple A Max Alkaline Battery $ 17.96 / 19.98

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2019 9:31 am
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
MakeItCheap wrote: I would say yes, I have ordered Amazon basic batteries twice before and had both leak. This is a great deal, cheaper that Costco bulk, never go on sale
Odd never had any leaked over many years. From what I saw by reviews the batteries are great as well.
---
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4614 posts
3080 upvotes
Duracells leaked and ruined many of my electronics. Hope these dont.
Jan 27, 2013
965 posts
1340 upvotes
After the one from Amazon basics had a couple leaks, I started buying these from Costco. Never had a problem. Definitely cheaper than what Costco sells them for
Jan 24, 2017
123 posts
223 upvotes
OGFree99 wrote: CO51 is offering $1 back
[QC] AAA: Maxi has offer buy 1 get one for $1. Any 4pack at TigreGeant is $1.99. Price match 5 pcs for $10, get 5 for $5 -$5 for co51 = 40AAA for $10.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
pistoche wrote: Don't forget the 6% cashback at Rakuten.
Where are u seeing 6%?
What's in your wallet?
Banned
Oct 27, 2019
67 posts
12 upvotes
We use these batteries for our game cams at the cabin.
Jun 14, 2011
569 posts
363 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. Ordered.
I am a Koodo, Phonebox and Lucky mobile customer and an avid Linux user
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
For a data point I haven't had any problems with the GV line of batteries from Walmart. They last well.

Last edited by pooper on Nov 17th, 2019 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2756 posts
1630 upvotes
Ontario
Ordered the AAA, same price as the AA with the same quantity, great deal as they are usually more expensive than the latter.
Currently happy customer with Koodo, Roger and Virgin Mobile.
Dec 10, 2011
160 posts
160 upvotes
TIL people still using disposable batteries in 2019.
Dec 30, 2006
331 posts
330 upvotes
Oakville
I was very tempted... i just recently bought 48 pack kirkland AA from costco i think they were around $14... so I did some online reading and one article said Kirkland are actually made by Duracell and other articles point to consumer reports testing and actually kirkland duracell do better than energizer max if you believe one test/study... either way, i decided not worth returning the kirkland batteries i have (long line ups and time) and having to pay $6 more just for name brand. But otherwise I had the energizers in my cart with filler and almost ready to click purchase....it does seem like a good deal considering what is being sold i.e. Energizer brand max. And another factor might be do Energizers leak less than Duracell? these seem to say guarantee no leak for some time. I'm not sure there is an absolute right answer as so many different anecdotal experiences and only one Consumer report systematic comparison i know of on quick glance.

here are some webpages that were helpful to me to feel comfortable to just keep my kirklands all things considered, in case helpful to someone else:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/sma ... ar-AAD16DS

https://www.komando.com/money-tips/how- ... on/421841/

Addendum: I also use good old Eneloops for many things but hate to track where i'm putting them so I use alkalines for things like kids toys or rarely used things or things that are used often and I know they will run down batteries often and Ill notice they are eneloops so don't have to track...
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1338 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary
Amazon had their AmazonBasics AA 48 pack at $9.99 as one of last year's black friday deals.

Hold off for a few more weeks if possible.
no sig
Apr 22, 2017
172 posts
182 upvotes
Checkout 51 has $1 back per pack, up to 5 packs you can redeem .
Giant tiger has AA/AAA 4 packs for $2 each .
$5 for 20 batteries .
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
molie2403 wrote: TIL people still using disposable batteries in 2019.
TYL people are planet killers.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
May 1, 2011
747 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
kid toys fam...some of these remote control cars need 8 batteries to move
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
raptors909 wrote: kid toys fam...some of these remote control cars need 8 batteries to move
Honestly, all the more reason to get rechargeable. The 16 pack of Eneloops on costco.ca is $55, or $3.44/battery. These disposables are $0.42, so basically just over 8 times use for breakeven. Considering they can be recharged over 2,000 times, the value is definitely there. I'm still using Eneloops from 5+ years and my kids know to charge them themselves for things like the console controllers.

There definitely is a use case for disposables, but I don't think the high drain kids toys are one of them.

(adjusts judgy pants)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5068 upvotes
East GTA
There are different use cases for disposable batteries. For example, I have some LED emergency flares and flashlights in the car. I probably won't remember to recharge the batteries every year or so and would have no idea if the batteries would be dead when I need them.

Certain types of disposable batteries are great for these use case scenarios as the batteries would most likely last at least 7 years unused give or take the cold and hot weather they'll be put through.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Aug 14, 2004
330 posts
188 upvotes
Burnaby
Bishop8 wrote: Honestly, all the more reason to get rechargeable. The 16 pack of Eneloops on costco.ca is $55, or $3.44/battery. These disposables are $0.42, so basically just over 8 times use for breakeven. Considering they can be recharged over 2,000 times, the value is definitely there. I'm still using Eneloops from 5+ years and my kids know to charge them themselves for things like the console controllers.

There definitely is a use case for disposables, but I don't think the high drain kids toys are one of them.

(adjusts judgy pants)

Rechargeable batteries never keep their charge and die out faster and faster
Apr 26, 2019
79 posts
110 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: Ugh this is so bad for the environment. Six charges of an 8 pack of rechargables is all you need to beat out this deal.
Thanks Greta