Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Enkeeo 2-in-1 Camping Lantern/Mosquito Killer

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2018 5:23 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1075 posts
1746 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Enkeeo 2-in-1 Camping Lantern/Mosquito Killer

Saw these came back in stock; they were at this price around Prime Day but didn't last long. Back then only the green was this price, but now the black and red are too.

Rated 4.4 from 39 reviews, and Fakespot gives the reviews a B, which apparently is pretty good. Currently $25USD on Amazon.com. Seems to have started from an Indigogo project in 2017.

I picked one up for camping this summer, even though I also got a Streamlight lantern. I plan to keep this on in the tent before we head to bed. Hope others find it useful.
Last edited by althanis on Jul 27th, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
49 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2237 upvotes
GTA
From what I read, the ugly part is the dead bugs are clinging on the grooves/grill of the unit. That could be a turn off for some.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Mar 12, 2017
686 posts
630 upvotes
Ontario
DragOnT wrote: From what I read, the ugly part is the dead bugs are clinging on the grooves/grill of the unit. That could be a turn off for some.
That's normal for most zappers isn't it? It's relatively easy to clean. All you have to do is run it under water or use a hose and rinse it.
I purchased during prime day and tested it out a couple nights in the backyard. I look forward to using this during camping!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks .. picked up one for our Sept camping trip
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks .. picked up one for our Sept camping trip
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1075 posts
1746 upvotes
Toronto
DragOnT wrote: From what I read, the ugly part is the dead bugs are clinging on the grooves/grill of the unit. That could be a turn off for some.
So they're like trophies mounted on a wall!
Nov 24, 2007
347 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
Got one on the last sale, worked pretty good as a light and bug zapper.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Is this a good deal their is others on amazon for cheaper and some has solar panels for same price....

How long does the light stays on for ?
Oct 28, 2004
642 posts
243 upvotes
Is this good for the backyard or will it just attract more bugs to the yard to zap?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2715 posts
562 upvotes
dptrain wrote: That's normal for most zappers isn't it? It's relatively easy to clean. All you have to do is run it under water or use a hose and rinse it.
I purchased during prime day and tested it out a couple nights in the backyard. I look forward to using this during camping!
Was the color light very white, or somewhat orangy? I don't want something too white. Also, did the bug zapping part really work?
Mar 12, 2017
686 posts
630 upvotes
Ontario
mtlboy wrote: Was the color light very white, or somewhat orangy? I don't want something too white. Also, did the bug zapping part really work?
It is a white light with 3 different settings, low/med/high.
The zapping does work! One charge had enough to run for 3 nights before I had to recharge it.

It zapped 'em good.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
How does it attract mosquitos? I thought mosquitoes are lured by scents and not by lights.
Apr 29, 2013
620 posts
1011 upvotes
Candiac
Thanks OP, ordered one. Figure it will be good for the annoying mosquito flying around in the tent at night. I don't expect much from this outdoors.

Does it make a buzzing sound when it's not zapping anything?
Jun 22, 2006
291 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
If you can wait, $16 on g e a r b e s t: https://www.g e a r b e s t.com/outdoor-lanterns/pp_663262.html?wid=1451237#goodsDetail
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
i've always wondered if these are gimmicks...
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Oct 31, 2017
250 posts
365 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
just add it to your food and voila extra protein
Let's go Canucks
$35 Rogers unlimited talk and text plan between Canada, US and Mexico
27 gbs of data throughout Canada, US and Mexico
Dec 30, 2006
331 posts
330 upvotes
Oakville
PCDawg wrote: How does it attract mosquitos? I thought mosquitoes are lured by scents and not by lights.
Yes, I would love to know this... i thought that mosquitoes were attracted by carbon dioxide or something rather than the light and hence I ignored the zapper light stuff i saw in stores... curious about how good this would be.
Dec 11, 2009
465 posts
417 upvotes
New Westminster
I bought this on Prime Day. It’s awesome! It’s well engineered. The hanger is genius. It hides away if you want to set it on a table instead.

The soft white light is very soothing.

The zapper light can be activated independently of the camping light, which is nice if you want to leave it on the hike you sleep. It looks like a night light.

The zapper uses a special uv spectrum that is irresistible to skeeters. Don’t look into it though as it will burn your eyes out like staring at the sun ☀️!

My gf swore there were no skeeters in rhe guest room we were staying in. The zapper said otherwise! Found one lonely skeeter fried in the grid come morning Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye

It’s IP7 water resistant, so you can blast it with water when too grungy!

Get it!
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
compass wrote: If you can wait, $16 on g e a r b e s t: https://www.g e a r b e s t.com/outdoor-lanterns/pp_663262.html?wid=1451237#goodsDetail
This item cannot be shipped to your country

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)