Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] [EPIC] Bosch RA1171 Cabinet Style Router Table $110!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2019 6:56 pm
Feb 15, 2008
333 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary
tomkuang wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 2:24 pm
It says "shipped" with a date of May 24th? That's weird. I haven't got the shipping notice yet because I cancelled my $179-$30 order and re-ordered it @$149-$30 on Monday. Status is still "Ordered" with estimated "Arriving 6 December".
Yup, says estimated delivery of Monday May 27. Weird.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18655 posts
5320 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Tommy74 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 9:38 pm
It will be $99 this Friday. Got the flyer today.
Add $0.01 filler on Friday and you get a $20 "promo card", which you have to use after December 1 (which seems to have no minimum spend restriction). They make you take two trips over two days (ugh....) but you can go back the next day and buy the router bits with the promo card. Seems like a smart way to start being a danger to yourself and others immediately once the table arrives.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
41558 posts
2555 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tomkuang wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 2:32 pm
Your right. I planned to build my own and actively looking at the price for parts: Table Inserts, Feather boards, T-track, Fence, etc. until I saw this table. All the parts you need may cost more than this package. I'll try this out for sure. If not working out great, I'll make a suitable table or just mount it on my bench and use all the parts in this package. The person who bought this table should already have the knowledge of building one.
To be fair, you can actually bulid all of that yourself. You don't need a metal table insert, MDF works fine. You can make a feather board out of wood. T-Track is basically just a slot you can use your router to route out (and you're using the tool to build the tool for your tool!). Fence is just a piece of wood.

If you want to buy a fancy table insert, then yeah, that'll cost $100 easily. I bought a new but no-name insert for $40 off Kijiji, and considered myself lucky.

I do recommend people who bought this to disassemble this and build your own. It's way too small for most uses.
***Brand New Apple TV 4th Gen 64GB ONLY $220!!***
Silver Coins | Apple TV 4th Gen 64GB | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
182 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 4:07 pm
To be fair, you can actually bulid all of that yourself. You don't need a metal table insert, MDF works fine. You can make a feather board out of wood. T-Track is basically just a slot you can use your router to route out (and you're using the tool to build the tool for your tool!). Fence is just a piece of wood.

If you want to buy a fancy table insert, then yeah, that'll cost $100 easily. I bought a new but no-name insert for $40 off Kijiji, and considered myself lucky.

I do recommend people who bought this to disassemble this and build your own. It's way too small for most uses.
Agreed with you that most of the things can be made by yourself. I even made a table saw, using ply wood and circular saw, before I own a real one. :facepalm: But with more and more projects I've done, I realized that sometimes how important is it for that 0.1 degree or 1/16" of difference. My first project, a fancy backyard planter, made by my home made table/miter saw already shows cracks in many places. With slowly upgraded tools, my late projects, doll house/shoe rack/coffee table/study desk/etc, have much better qualities.

And again my point is: before you have a real one, it's hard to build a quality one (not at all to say you can't). We saw people made fancy jigs or tables with ease on YouTube. But look closely in those video, the fancier the tables/jigs they made, the fancier tools (table saw/miter saw/routers/etc.) they used, and of course the better skill of that person. Not at all to say how good is this table, I haven't received mine yet, YouTube and reviews said a lot of good things about it. This is my first router table and I believe I'll have a good use of it. Come to its size, it's enough for a weekend warrior just like me for now. I'll definitely tear it apart and re-use some of it's part when I out-grown it. But for $110, no one can beat it's value.

Thanks for the comments, thou!
Apr 12, 2013
310 posts
176 upvotes
BC
Toastillicus wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 3:47 pm
anyone else receive theirs with a box that was just demolished?
Oddly enough, yes. Amazon box was trashed and the Bosch box is also damaged. This is very rare for us from Amazon, I can only think of one other occasion and that was a car battery.
Dec 23, 2006
242 posts
44 upvotes
AndrewBond wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 7:56 pm
Oddly enough, yes. Amazon box was trashed and the Bosch box is also damaged. This is very rare for us from Amazon, I can only think of one other occasion and that was a car battery.
Mine was open, so i returned and re-bought at lower price.
Apr 7, 2014
154 posts
76 upvotes
Kirkland, QC
Wednesday, 28 November
12:01 AM Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster
OTTAWA, ON CA
12:01 AM Delay in delivery due to external factors
OTTAWA, ON CA
What's going on in Ottawa?! :-)
Nov 24, 2015
71 posts
52 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
AndrewBond wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 7:56 pm

My outer box was massively overlarge and battered and at some point looked like it had been chopped/snapped in half
bosch box was open but appears to be all there...

I bitched to amazon and got a partial refund so I'm ok but man...
Apr 12, 2013
310 posts
176 upvotes
BC
Toastillicus wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 3:28 pm
I bitched to amazon and got a partial refund so I'm ok but man...
I asked nicely and within 2 minutes they offered me a good credit. Gotta say when the Amazon store messes up they are incredible at fixing stuff.
Nov 24, 2017
14 posts
8 upvotes
Man...it seems that I got unlucky. My router table top's insert is bent the wrong way at 10 + degrees. Both my featherboards are smashed to pieces. :(
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
182 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm so sorry to hear all these stories about the shipping. Hopefully my package is going to get a fair treatment.
Nov 24, 2015
71 posts
52 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
tomkuang wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 6:03 pm
I'm so sorry to hear all these stories about the shipping. Hopefully my package is going to get a fair treatment.
good luck.

Mine looked like Purolator had taken an axe to it

I'm hoping mine is ok inside, best assemble it this weekend
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
182 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Toastillicus wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 4:50 pm
good luck.

Mine looked like Purolator had taken an axe to it

I'm hoping mine is ok inside, best assemble it this weekend
Do you mind to disclose which warehouse did it come from? Ontario or Richmond? Looks like the package from Ontario had been mistreated due to whatever disruption while my other shipment from Richmond seems to be in a better shape.
Apr 12, 2013
310 posts
176 upvotes
BC
According to Purolator mine was picked in Calgary (shipped to BC). Amazon has stripped its tracking functions so can't see any more.