Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Epson Home Cinema 2040 3D 1080p 3LCD Projector (Manufacturer Refurbished) $479.99

Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA

[Amazon.ca] Epson Home Cinema 2040 3D 1080p 3LCD Projector (Manufacturer Refurbished) $479.99

Saw this on Amazon just now, Deal of the Day, cheaper than Epson's own clearance sale going on right now (at 519.99)

Comes with 2 year manufacturer warranty if sold by Amazon.ca
Last edited by Guest383733373 on Jan 16th, 2018 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
60 replies
Feb 26, 2017
616 posts
437 upvotes
How expensive are the bulbs and how often do you need to change them ?
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
Atillathepun wrote: How expensive are the bulbs and how often do you need to change them ?
4000 hrs normal, 7500hrs econ, 100 bucks to replace

https://epson.ca/Accessories/Projector- ... V13H010L88

If I had to say was a con about this, placement is not very flexible so check your room measurements ... Fans are louder than I would like in normal mode, so keep it on econ.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3428 posts
2377 upvotes
Toronto
Any details on the amazon warranty? Epson is two years, on my phone this shows 90 days?

Edit: Purchased after chatting with Amazon, same day delivery!

xxxx: Thank you so much for waiting
I have checked and see that the item has a warranty for two years on this deal and I would suggest you to contact the seller directly as they will be the best resource to help you with the correct details
The below given number can be used to contact them
1800 425 0011
Me: who is the seller?
shows as ships and sold by amazon.ca
xxxx: It is shipped and sold by amazon but the manufacturer is Epson anyways it has a warranty for two years
Last edited by AstonM on Jan 16th, 2018 7:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1464 posts
1174 upvotes
Really good projector. Almost $45 less than Epson price after accounting for taxes.

Get it, you won't regret it. As someone said in the other thread, once you go projector, you never go back.
May 16, 2017
169 posts
76 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Can someone please explain to me the difference between the home cinema projector and Benq data projectors
Much appreciated
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1366 posts
280 upvotes
Thanks, bought 1 more unit :) was debating between 2040 and the 1040, but this made it easy
True RFD spirit, care about every PENNY.

"The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money."
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
for me, unless it is LED, no thanks. Bulbs are too expensive and don't last long enough.
Feb 5, 2012
782 posts
590 upvotes
Calgary
neverhaveiever wrote: for me, unless it is LED, no thanks. Bulbs are too expensive and don't last long enough.
Don't know what you mean bulb don't last long enough, I have been using my cheap Benq projector for almost 4 years got like 3500 hours on it and it is still going strong...
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2004
1107 posts
225 upvotes
Kanata
I bought this maybe a couple years ago, and I think it ran me around $900 after tax. I've been quite happy with it, and I seem to remember that one of the perks of this projector is that bulb replacement is quite cheap. Not that I've had to worry about that yet.
OP is bang on about placement not being terribly flexible, although I have mine placed right off to the left, and the keystone correction has been just fine.
That price is insane!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
getdadeal wrote: Don't know what you mean bulb don't last long enough, I have been using my cheap Benq projector for almost 4 years got like 3500 hours on it and it is still going strong...
I use my projector a lot. I used to go through a bulb every 6-18 months (their quality varies, so it can go either way). after years of this, I switched to a LED bulb. I have not replaced one yet.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
neverhaveiever wrote: for me, unless it is LED, no thanks. Bulbs are too expensive and don't last long enough.
Too expensive? Epson lists bulb for 2040 at $99. And you can get it even cheaper, $70 for example. Is that too much, huh?
I've been using my 2040 for 1.5 years almost every night and didn't notice any brightness reduction.

Edit: wrong bulb
Last edited by seafish on Jan 16th, 2018 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
seafish wrote: Too expensive? Epson lists bulb for 2040 at $66. Is that too much, huh?
I've been using my 2040 for 1.5 years almost every night and didn't notice any brightness reduction.
You have some conditions and risk. Such as shipping cost, availability, availability in the future, and so forth. I see it is about $120 on Amazon for the bulb, from some third party seller.

And then, if you can find it in the future for a reasonable price, you have to wait for it (some sellers take weeks, some are fast), and it arrives not broken/damaged (which carries it's own hassles if it were arrived damaged), then you have to still install it. Not everyone has the know-how and might need to pay someone to do it. There is always a risk in opening up the projector to replace the bulb, such as risking the unit itself.

Now, if the bulb replacement was poor quality, then it might only get 2000 hours. But it will be too late for you to find out under warranty depending on usage. And you need to repeat all that risk again.

I mean, if you want to go through all that, go for it. But do your due diligence and know what you are buying.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1464 posts
1174 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote: You have some conditions and risk. Such as shipping cost, availability, availability in the future, and so forth. I see it is about $120 on Amazon for the bulb, from some third party seller.

And then, if you can find it in the future for a reasonable price, you have to wait for it (some sellers take weeks, some are fast), and it arrives not broken/damaged (which carries it's own hassles if it were arrived damaged), then you have to still install it. Not everyone has the know-how and might need to pay someone to do it. There is always a risk in opening up the projector to replace the bulb, such as risking the unit itself.

Now, if the bulb replacement was poor quality, then it might only get 2000 hours. But it will be too late for you to find out under warranty depending on usage. And you need to repeat all that risk again.

I mean, if you want to go through all that, go for it. But do your due diligence and know what you are buying.
Your post sounds way too negative.

Just yesterday, I read on Amazon that people were able to replace the bulb in under 10 mins, with no prior experience. And no one reported shipping damages either.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1516 posts
907 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote: You have some conditions and risk. Such as shipping cost, availability, availability in the future, and so forth. I see it is about $120 on Amazon for the bulb, from some third party seller.

Your comments are pretty useless unless you're providing a LED projector of similar specs for around the same price
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
JustinZ wrote: Your comments are pretty useless unless you're providing a LED projector of similar specs for around the same price
I don't have a LED for similar specs and price. I am giving my 2 cents. If this is your budget, great. Just be aware of the shortfalls. If you can afford more, get a good LED.

It is all about knowledge, funds, and budget.

So, sorry if you found my comment useless. But others may find it useful to know this beforehand.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa

It's listed on official Epson website, in stock, delivery is $10 within a week, I don't see any problems with availability in the future as it's Epson. If it damages on delivery Epson will replace it, they have a very good customer service. Installation must be easy as Epson states it's "user-replaceable".
I see none problems here.
Out of curiosity, which LED projector are you using and how much does it cost?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1473 posts
438 upvotes
I have had this projector for a year now.. diy 120" Screen .. very happy.. don't know if I could go back to a 60 inch TV.. if I did would need 80" minimum...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)