[Amazon Canada] Etekcity Essential Oil Diffuser Cool Mist Humidifier $16.99

Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1577 posts
703 upvotes
Montreal
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 1:57 pm
So what are the real world applications to this?

Does it help with dry scalp, skin, etc?
No. It doesn't humidify enough for that. The most it provides is aromatherapy and there are no scientifically proven benefits aside from the pleasurable scent.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Nov 22, 2015
174 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon diffusers were pretty bad in my opinion. Have moved on to Saje ones since then and its night and day. Way too expensive though.

As for oils, I saw someone mentioned BodyShop and Dollar Tree. I would advise people to stay away from either. Those are fragrant oils and are not really good for you. Full of chemicals.

I did some research last year and I have been buying my essential oils through www.newdirectionsaromatics.ca . They sell wholesale so the quantity is big and shipping might be a deal breaker but I usually buy oils for two people so I feel its worth for me. I try to only buy essential oils. Especially organic ones.
Have tried fragrant oils and nature identical oils and I would not recommend them at all if you are trying to do aromatherapy.
Feb 11, 2007
349 posts
76 upvotes
Vasilyke wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 2:38 pm
Amazon diffusers were pretty bad in my opinion. Have moved on to Saje ones since then and its night and day. Way too expensive though.

As for oils, I saw someone mentioned BodyShop and Dollar Tree. I would advise people to stay away from either. Those are fragrant oils and are not really good for you. Full of chemicals.

I did some research last year and I have been buying my essential oils through www.newdirectionsaromatics.ca . They sell wholesale so the quantity is big and shipping might be a deal breaker but I usually buy oils for two people so I feel its worth for me. I try to only buy essential oils. Especially organic ones.
Have tried fragrant oils and nature identical oils and I would not recommend them at all if you are trying to do aromatherapy.
Very expensive place for essential oil, the minimum order policy is $100 and on orders less than the minimum, an Administrative Fee of $20 will be applied.
Feb 21, 2015
5 posts
Scarborough, ON
chenj16 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 4:42 pm
deal appears to be dead
Works for me, just bought one for $19.20 after tax.
Nov 22, 2015
174 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
celispin wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 3:50 pm
Very expensive place for essential oil, the minimum order policy is $100 and on orders less than the minimum, an Administrative Fee of $20 will be applied.
Would you mind sharing where you get your essential oils from? I looked around for a while and this was the cheapest by far.
Nov 25, 2007
728 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
Got mine today. I bought mainly for the aroma aspect and it seems to work fine.

Interesting thing I got in my package was a small card advertising to become a member/Etekcitizen and you'll receive free product every month if you review it. They probably expect positive reviews if you would like to continue to receive free stuff so that would explain the high rating.
Nov 19, 2016
73 posts
23 upvotes
In for one.. Thanks OP.

Where do you find these promo codes?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10439 posts
3115 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MisterTeee wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 6:05 pm
In for one.. Thanks OP.

Where do you find these promo codes?
It's on the Amazon product page:
Capture.JPG
Dec 2, 2012
277 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
useless, hard to clean and chemical bad for u, only hippies buy these, get a real humidifier if u want wetness
Aug 21, 2005
10 posts
2 upvotes
Oakville
Don't expect an investment for twenty bucks, expect a pleasant scent with a small amount of cooling mist. This will not humidify a room or your home.

Buy quality essential oils. Much better than your typical Glade plug-in, regarding toxicity.

Also if you have pets: research which essential oils are harmful for them. Tea tree is classified as poisonous outside North America.
May 30, 2009
40 posts
19 upvotes
Burlington
I find NOW essential oils the best price for value.
amazon stocks pretty good selection. pricing wise its generally less than $5/30ml or 1oz.
https://www.amazon.com/3-Pack-Variety-N ... B00X4PE3H4

But I've never compared it against something like sage brand, but I can't imagine something labelled as essential oil is significantly better or worse than aromatherapy essential oil.

Also Thanks OP! just bought one. I was looking at buying one for months now, I just couldn't justify the prices when I've already got heat diffusers which I find are better at spreading scent,
Nov 19, 2016
73 posts
23 upvotes
Got mine today. Surprisingly sturdy feeling. Used it for 30 mins and the room smells like lavendar. Let's see when I sleep.

Led is very bright when turned on. Considering buying a second.
Aug 13, 2008
118 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP!

These are great. Natural way to leave the room smelling nice rather than the chemical sprays/oils that are bad for you.