Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Etekcity Essential Oil Diffuser Cool Mist Humidifier $16.99

Aug 24, 2011
630 posts
307 upvotes
London
People apparently recommend using distilled water or reverse osmosis water. Is this true?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2346 posts
112 upvotes
Durham Region
I believe this is so the unit doesn't calcify as quick, otherwise if you are ok with cleaning regularly, normal tap water is ok.

I purchased these oils with the unit. They seem to be all natural without chemicals, so should be safe to breathe in:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01161 ... UTF8&psc=1
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 1:14 am
People apparently recommend using distilled water or reverse osmosis water. Is this true?
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14809 posts
18058 upvotes
ONTARIO
Do these work well as air fresheners? Like if I buy some fragrance oils, can I put the same amount (few drops) in this machine to make an entire room smell like vanilla or coconut or whatever I want?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 26, 2002
9934 posts
2938 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BobSagget wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 10:16 am
Do these work well as air fresheners? Like if I buy some fragrance oils, can I put the same amount (few drops) in this machine to make an entire room smell like vanilla or coconut or whatever I want?
Yes... I think that's the primary function of this... you'll get a room full of scent of the oil you drop in it. After using it for the first time last night and based on the amount of "mist" coming out, I can't really say it will humidify to any significant degree. The Aukey 500mL diffuser I got a while ago puts out more mist than this.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4588 posts
5222 upvotes
There is a card in the box that says "This product is a diffuser with a humidifier function, which is not be compared to an actual humidifier".

I'm just wondering if I can use it as an ultrasonic humidifier? Why Etekcity doesn't seem to recommend it?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1076 posts
919 upvotes
TORONTO
BobSagget wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 10:16 am
Yes. Think of it as a safer, electronic version of a scented candle (with auto-shutoff.) 3 - 5 drops should do, and will, say, mask unpleasant cooking smells in the kitchen.

The resulting mist does humidify, but it's more of a minor, negligible side effect. [I also own the Quooz Rockano in toffee which (subjectively) looks much cooler and artistic than this - but despite its aesthetics, it also fails as a practical humidifier.]

For those who are afraid of cancer-causing chemical residue, just stick to things like 100% pure lavender and such.
BB88 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 5:52 pm
I'm just wondering if I can use it as an ultrasonic humidifier? Why Etekcity doesn't seem to recommend it?
Because the output is likely garbage compared to even something like a Crane Drop. But <$20 for use as a scent diffuser is a steal.
Apr 13, 2009
130 posts
18 upvotes
Got mine within two days from ordering.
Looks good, works well.

But find the humming sound while producing the mist quite louder compared to higher quality diffusers. Or is it just my unit?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2427 posts
240 upvotes
I think it's just yours - I barely hear anything other than the water bubbling if I'm right next to it. Thanks OP!
zajacik99 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 8:13 pm
Got mine within two days from ordering.
Looks good, works well.

But find the humming sound while producing the mist quite louder compared to higher quality diffusers. Or is it just my unit?
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14809 posts
18058 upvotes
ONTARIO
I got my diffuser today and just set it up about 20 minutes ago. So far I am kind of disappointed.
It seems to be working and is quiet, but barely anything seems to be coming out.

I looked at this guy's youtube video here and mine isn't putting out even half that amount
Jun 18, 2012
196 posts
111 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 1:10 pm
I got my diffuser today and just set it up about 20 minutes ago. So far I am kind of disappointed.
It seems to be working and is quiet, but barely anything seems to be coming out.

I looked at this guy's youtube video here and mine isn't putting out even half that amount
I read reviews saying that you should only fill it 60-70% full with water or it won't work as well. If you fill it up to the max it won't start working properly until some of the liquid is gone
Aug 10, 2008
61 posts
23 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 10:50 pm
Aromatherapy Top 6 Essential Oils 100% Pure & Therapeutic grade - Basic Sampler Gift Set & Premium Kit - 6/10 Ml (Lavender, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Orange, Peppermint) for $19.14 (prime member only)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0163G ... UTF8&psc=1
Yep bought those yesterday. Have you tried them before? any feedback?